UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Last Nights Hunt.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Last Nights Hunt.

My church has been having a Camp Meeting under a big tent all week several of the preachers are/have been coonhunters and wanted to go for a hunt last night after church.I told them all to meet at my house at 11:00pm well the last load finally got to the house around midnight.There were 11 of us going on this hunt out of the 11 six are preachers and it was the first time coonhunting for 5 or 6 of the guys.
We turned loose just a little before 1:00 am.Here I thought my wife and sister talked alot the night I took them.................they can't hold a candle to 11 guys LOL The dogs finally struck a cold feeder track and opened every few mins on it.One of the guys couldn;t believe that I knew they were my dogs and that I knew which one was which.they trailed for 30 to 40 mins and the track went in a hole and the dogs kept on going.One of the preachers asked how did I get them to come back? I said I don't....His eyes got really wide and he said so how do we catch them??????? LOL One of the other preachers that has coonhunted alot said you get them off the tree.
To make a long stoy short the dogs got deep and treed.With all the rain we've had I didn't want to chance driving to them and getting stuck so we walked in to the tree.Besides not wanting to get stuck just about all of the guys with me were Chevy guys and I didn't want to take the chance of them having a real good story to tell about a FORD getten stuck.
We finally get to the tree and see the coon.Iwas blowing my squaller trying to get it to look or walk around the tree some so they could see it.Well the coon had other Ideas and he jumped out.You should have heard them YELLING at the dogs to get that COON!!!!!!!! The coon made it to another tree they all got to see it again.
We got back to my house at 4:45am....I took about a 35 min nape and came on to work.I'm sure Tonight at church the Preacher will have his hands full trying to keep them awake.All of the guys that went said that they would LOVE to go again.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-26-2003 05:31 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Way to go HOBO. I'm glad you had a good hunt, who knows you might just have opened up some new hunting land for some coonhunter you don't even know.

Old Post 09-26-2003 05:35 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PAPPY
UKC Forum Member

That sounded like a lot of fun.Now if you'd had Redbones instead of them you had you could have done all that by 1;30 that night and been home lots quicker and gotten more sleep and wouldn't have had to walk so far.Heck in that length of time you might have shown them several coon instead on just one.

Old Post 09-26-2003 07:15 PM
PAPPY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PAPPY Click here to Send PAPPY a Private Message Visit PAPPY's homepage! Find more posts by PAPPY Add PAPPY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

HMMMMMMMMMMM

PAPPY PAPPY PAPPY..........

Old Post 09-26-2003 07:17 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerfied
UKC Forum Member

Hobo
sounds like you had a good night after all. I think ole Pappy is barking up the wrong tree though pushing them red dogs. lol I would like to go with a good red dog. I havent been hunting with one in a couple of years. Just noone hunts them around me. B&t's, Blues, Engs, and Walker dogs is all I ever see in my area.

Dual Grand Crazy Mtn Midnite Frost
Cash Creek Big Holler Mojo(Mo)
Sippin' Wild Wine
Cash Creek Wild Bill Hickok(Hick)
Cash Creek Calamity Jane(Janie)

Old Post 09-26-2003 08:07 PM
Walkerfied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerfied Click here to Send Walkerfied a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerfied Find more posts by Walkerfied Add Walkerfied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Hobo

Boy that is really good of you, I bet those boys were tired today. Getting a late start like that your'e gonna get somecold tracks no doubt! Good luck!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 09-26-2003 08:40 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I talked to one of them today and they are hating life. LOL I was laughin at him and asked him if he wanted to go again tonight? He told me that was SICK just plain SICK...LOL I'll give him a couple of weeks and take him again.

Old Post 09-26-2003 08:49 PM
snakehollow joe
UKC Forum Member

HOBO

YOUR LUCKY MY PREACHER LIKES TO HUNT EARLY AND IF THE DOGS GO DEEP MOST OF THE TIME THERE IS A GUY THAT HUNTS WITH US THAT IS A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH THE PREACHER AND HIM HEAD HOME IF ITS GOING TO BE LATE AND I GO GET THE HIS AND MY DOGS AND TAKE HIS HOME LOL BUT ITS ALL FUN AND THERE IS NO ONE I LIKE HUNTING WITH BETTER THEN HIM.

Old Post 09-26-2003 10:14 PM
snakehollow joe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snakehollow joe Click here to Send snakehollow joe a Private Message Click Here to Email snakehollow joe Visit snakehollow joe's homepage! Find more posts by snakehollow joe Add snakehollow joe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Libby
UKC Forum Member

Hobo...

That was a great story, and bet they loved all the excitement. God must be a coonhunter, too, to show an exciting performance like that! Thanks for sharing it. Good example of why it's always worth it to follow to the tree no matter how late.

Old Post 09-26-2003 10:50 PM
Libby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Libby Click here to Send Libby a Private Message Find more posts by Libby Add Libby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skinner
Banned

Hobo that is so funny. I had something similar to happen.

I live 2 house's down from the parsonage. We got a new preacher (we are Methodist and rotate them.) Was'nt long he heard the hounds barking and came to investigate. He said he had'nt coonhunted since he was a kid and wanted to go. So me and two buddies from Church and the preacher heads to the woods one night. First thing, right off the bat the preacher falls off a footlog. Goes up to his neck in water. We get him fished out and are all cracking up after we found out he isn't hurt. He has a flashlight and keeps turing it off and on. I tell him to watch for holes because there are some deep ones. Well sure enough he falls off in a hole where a stump had rotted out and goes up to his waist. Again we are cracking up after we knew he was'nt hurt. So we are headed on down the bottom and come to another footlog. You guessed it, he fell off it again!!!!! This time went clean over his head and had to get a stick and pull him out. This time he lost one of his shoes!!!!!! By this time we are dying laughing. The dogs tree and we go to the tree. The preacher goes to turn his flashlight on but the bottom had worked itself loose and the batteries had fallen OUT!!! We shine the tree and there sits 4 coons in the top of the tree. I hand the pistol to the preacher and said fire away. He shoots about 20 times and can't hit a bulls butt with a bass fiddle. So I knock all four of them out. Well, since everybody has a dog on the leash except him, he volunteers to carry the coons....all 4 of them. We laugh at him struggling to carry four pretty good size coons. He ends up tie'n there tails together and throws them over his shoulders. We come up on the footlog to get back, and he justs wade's through the slough and then turns to say "oh well, I would have fell off anyway!!" We go back to the shop and clean them and I invite all them over the next night for some good BBQ coon. The next Sunday morning, the preacher goes to telling the story of his coon hunt to the whole church. Everybody just die's laughing. He ends the story with the only part he liked was the coon supper!! Funny thing too...that was about a year ago and he has'nt ask to go again...lol

Black Creek Treeing Walkers

If I had feelings, that might would have hurt.

Old Post 09-27-2003 02:50 AM
Skinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skinner Click here to Send Skinner a Private Message Click Here to Email Skinner Visit Skinner's homepage! Find more posts by Skinner Add Skinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Skinner my pastor knows if he goes hunting with me he's not getting home till I have my dogs.LOL I did have one wife fussing at me last night for keeping her husband out ALLLLLL night.LOL Here is a pic of everyone that went.

Old Post 09-27-2003 05:47 PM
red cedar

Divine Intervention

Never hurts when you are hunting walkers, right Hobo??? Wheres Josh when you need him?!

Hey Skinner, do you have a recipie for BBQ Coon, I'd like to try it?

Old Post 09-27-2003 06:14 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Blast from the past

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-31-2018 03:31 PM