UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Please score this
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

Please score this

3 dog cast. dog A and B have just been scored on tree. They are led away and the 8 is applied to dog C who has been truck in before A and B were scored. 8 is broke when the cast faintly hears dog C treed through the country leash locking A and B. Cast walks 45mins to dog C to find that he is treed across a big river. 20 mins is spent searching and searching for a way across to no avail when handler of dog C tries to cross and but is just too deep causing him to almost going under. The truck is over 1.5 miles in the opposite direction from where dog C is treed and clearly out of hearing distance of the dog.

Hmm decisions....What to do?

And when you guys score this, please reference Rule number and why you chose the route you chose. Thanks.

PKC GCH CHKC CH Wipeout 3 Bee
(Z3 x Bell)

PKC CH CHKC CH Rush Run Lil
(Nuck x Lilly)

PKC SCH CHKC CH Wipeout Shorty

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Kate
(Jack X Jill)

2013 IL PKC State Race Ch.
GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Little Miss Dottie
(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 UKC Bluetick World Ch
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch
2017 Battle of The Breeds Ch

NITECH 2018 PKC YOUTH WORLD CH PKC SILVER CH Dirty South Side

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH SKUNA RIVER QUICK
(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH Foggy Mtn. Gomer

UKC GrSqCh NKC GrSqCh Dirt Dodge's Jager

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2016 02:31 PM
Steve Raleigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Raleigh Click here to Send Steve Raleigh a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Raleigh Find more posts by Steve Raleigh Add Steve Raleigh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

rule

RULE 7-a ! call time out! danger to dogs or handlers!!! delete!

Old Post 04-25-2016 02:46 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

rule

more to it than that! if time out is called than you have 1-hr to retrieve your dog!!

Old Post 04-25-2016 02:55 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

What about calling time to walk to a dog split over 15 min away?

Old Post 04-25-2016 02:58 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: rule

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CHEWBACH
RULE 7-a ! call time out! danger to dogs or handlers!!! delete! [/QUO
When you call time with a dog treed, you must score the tree.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-25-2016 02:59 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

Re: rule

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
RULE 7-a ! call time out! danger to dogs or handlers!!! delete!

So, basically you are saying that if you were the judge you would have told handler C that we need to call time out and you will have 1 hour to catch your dog and meet the cast back here where we are currently at (or any designated meeting spot for that matter) (1.5 miles from the truck mind you) which clearly is going to be well over 1 hr resulting in a scratch.

(Z3 x Bell)

(Nuck x Lilly)

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

(Jack X Jill)

(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch

(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:02 PM
Steve Raleigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Raleigh Click here to Send Steve Raleigh a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Raleigh Find more posts by Steve Raleigh Add Steve Raleigh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
What about calling time to walk to a dog split over 15 min away?

This is an issue that was already addressed and has no barring in this situation.

(Z3 x Bell)

(Nuck x Lilly)

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

(Jack X Jill)

(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch

(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:04 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You follow rule 7(f). If the only way across is to return to the truck and drive around, that is is what you do. You walk to truck for 10 minutes, call time, restart time when you score the tree, call time and move to new spot after scoring tree.
If all this causes you to miss deadline, that is the way it goes sometimes. But regardless of anything else, you gotta score that tree.

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:08 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You follow rule 7(f). If the only way across is to return to the truck and drive around, that is is what you do. You walk to truck for 10 minutes, call time, restart time when you score the tree, call time and move to new spot after scoring tree.
If all this causes you to miss deadline, that is the way it goes sometimes. But regardless of anything else, you gotta score that tree.

You are saying it is mandatory under Rule 7-F to use vehicles to go score a treed dog across a river that not everybody on the cast agree to on the use of vehicles?

Let also throw a wrench in the spoke with the dog treed across the river is now on somebody else's property that the guide does not know and or have permission.

(Z3 x Bell)

(Nuck x Lilly)

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

(Jack X Jill)

(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch

(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:14 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I didn't say you have drive, I'm saying you do what you have to do to get to that dog and score it.

Now, by adding your new "wrench in the spoke", you are making it clear you don't want that dog scored and instead of finding away across the water, you are instead devising any way you can to stop the dog from being scored.

When it's all said and done, if a majority don't want that dog scored, I just accept I'm screwed and withdraw to get my dog. And pet her up real good for staying under that coon till I could get to her.

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:26 PM
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I didn't say you have drive, I'm saying you do what you have to do to get to that dog and score it.

Now, by adding your new "wrench in the spoke", you are making it clear you don't want that dog scored and instead of finding away across the water, you are instead devising any way you can to stop the dog from being scored.

When it's all said and done, if a majority don't want that dog scored, I just accept I'm screwed and withdraw to get my dog. And pet her up real good for staying under that coon till I could get to her.

Making assumptions? Telling me or whoever it was on the cast that they are making it clear they do not want that dog scored and devising any way to stop the dog from being scored? lol

Oh come on now Jim, don't be making assumptions on the scenarios.... You are the black and white and by the rules guy....Just score it the right way and by the rules.

So your emotions and opinion aside, you believe that rule 7-F should be used (Original scenario). Call time out, take as much time as needed to get across the river and get the dog (which ended up being over 2hrs) and score him. Is that the way I understand how you would have Judged the situation

(Z3 x Bell)

(Nuck x Lilly)

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

(Jack X Jill)

(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch

(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:36 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Yes.

Old Post 04-25-2016 03:40 PM
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM

This is how it should be done.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 04-25-2016 04:07 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: rule

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CHEWBACH
RULE 7-a ! call time out! danger to dogs or handlers!!! delete! [/QUO
When you call time with a dog treed, you must score the tree.

how in the hell you gonna score it if ya cant get to it!!lol

Old Post 04-25-2016 04:40 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: rule

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Raleigh
So, basically you are saying that if you were the judge you would have told handler C that we need to call time out and you will have 1 hour to catch your dog and meet the cast back here where we are currently at (or any designated meeting spot for that matter) (1.5 miles from the truck mind you) which clearly is going to be well over 1 hr resulting in a scratch.
Well swim and get the dog!! lol

Old Post 04-25-2016 04:44 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: rule

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
how in the hell you gonna score it if ya cant get to it!!lol

I can't sit here and tell anyone how they are gonna get to a dog. I can only tell you what the rule is. If they are declared treed during hunt time, they get scored.

Old Post 04-25-2016 04:44 PM
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

I will tell you all the outcome and the finer details of what took place on this situation if anyone cares?

Now mind you all, this is a scenario that is very probable and could very well happen and most likely has happened multiple times in a UKC night hunt.

So we have a couple votes for using 7-F, call time out...go to town if you want and grab a bite to eat b/c you do not have a time limit to get to the dog....disregard the barking once every 2 min on tree and the fact that the judge can no longer accurately score that dog as you have walked out of hearing distance from the dog back to the trucks, so the dog could very well leave the tree and come treed again and nobody knows it. Then after your dinner drive around to the other side of the river walk another hour on the other side get to the tree that the dog may or may not be barking at b/c the barking every 2 mins no longer applies. Find the dog, call time back in and score that dogs tree.

And we have one with applying Rule 7-A. To call time out-delete tree and give the handler of dog C the opportunity of getting his dog and returning to the cast within 1 hr.

(Z3 x Bell)

(Nuck x Lilly)

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

(Jack X Jill)

(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch

(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

Last edited by Steve Raleigh on 04-25-2016 at 04:54 PM

Old Post 04-25-2016 04:52 PM
krocket
UKC Forum Member

How i'd do it

The best think to do is be a good sportsmen an withdraw tell the rest of the men in the cast have a good hunt and then go gather your dog up JMO

Old Post 04-25-2016 05:04 PM
krocket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for krocket Click here to Send krocket a Private Message Find more posts by krocket Add krocket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Raleigh

So we have a couple votes for using 7-F, call time out...go to town if you want and grab a bite to eat b/c you do not have a time limit to get to the dog....disregard the barking once every 2 min on tree and the fact that the judge can no longer accurately score that dog as you have walked out of hearing distance from the dog back to the trucks, so the dog could very well leave the tree and come treed again and nobody knows it. Then after your dinner drive around to the other side of the river walk another hour on the other side get to the tree that the dog may or may not be barking at b/c the barking every 2 mins no longer applies. Find the dog, call time back in and score that dogs tree.

. [/B]

This is why I made the comment earlier that it appears you have made up your mind that one way or another, this dog ain't getting scored on that tree.
Go to dinner in the middle of a hunt with a dog treed? With that comment, you have completely left reality behind. Can't run the two as you walk to dog with time out? Where'd you get that one?

You guys crack me up. You ask a rule question and when you don't hear what you want to hear, you change, add, subtract and reword the question to get to where you want it to be. Whatever. If my dog is treed during hunt time, she's eligible to be scored.

Old Post 04-25-2016 05:12 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: How i'd do it

quote:
Originally posted by krocket
The best think to do is be a good sportsmen an withdraw tell the rest of the men in the cast have a good hunt and then go gather your dog up JMO

I agree with you completely. But the title of this post is "Score it". My response was how I think it should be scored.

Old Post 04-25-2016 05:14 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

score

ok tell the judge to get his inflatable raft out ! lets score this tree!!!lol

Old Post 04-25-2016 05:23 PM
Bruce M. Conkey

Jim could the man with the dog just said call time out and I will call the dog in. Then continue the hunt?

Old Post 04-25-2016 05:25 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
Jim could the man with the dog just said call time out and I will call the dog in. Then continue the hunt?

If the dog is just struck, then yes, take your strike minus, call hm in.
Since the dog is treed, I don't think so. I may well be wrong. This is how I understand the rule.

This situation is ruled completely different in PKC.

Old Post 04-25-2016 05:30 PM
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
This is why I made the comment earlier that it appears you have made up your mind that one way or another, this dog ain't getting scored on that tree.
Go to dinner in the middle of a hunt with a dog treed? With that comment, you have completely left reality behind. Can't run the two as you walk to dog with time out? Where'd you get that one?

You guys crack me up. You ask a rule question and when you don't hear what you want to hear, you change, add, subtract and reword the question to get to where you want it to be. Whatever. If my dog is treed during hunt time, she's eligible to be scored.

You crack me up Jim....that was obvious sarcasm to actually go to dinner...just trying to prove a point that it is you using this rule to take advantage of the rest of the cast....its you trying to use the rules in an unfair advantage....let's say you are the handler of dog C...everyone else is was judge to bark every 2 mins on the tree and stay at the tree and do not leave....you are trying to use 7-F so you can call time out...walk out of hearing of the treed dog so you can go back to your truck, then drive to a treed dog to score him and use all the time in the world you want to use 2, 3, 5, hell 8 hrs...then get to your dog that may very well have left the tree at any point...then call your time in to score the tree....it is you that is taking advantage of the rest of the cast and not fair to score you in that manner when the rest of the cast was held accountable to bark every two mins and STAY within hearing distance of the cast to judge then accurately.

(Z3 x Bell)

(Nuck x Lilly)

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

(Jack X Jill)

(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch

(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

Old Post 04-25-2016 06:16 PM
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

For the almighty guy that thinks he knows it all and thinks ppl were trying to take advantage of dog C.

The outcome: dog C was treed with dog B to begin with and left...took his minus then dog C ran junk out of there and crossed a big river then the fell off treed...handler of C tried to cross River but went swimming and after that said he was done and WD...in addition the guide said after that dog C was treed on someone else's land that he does not have permission to hunt.

(Z3 x Bell)

(Nuck x Lilly)

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

(Jack X Jill)

(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch

(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

Last edited by Steve Raleigh on 04-25-2016 at 06:28 PM

Old Post 04-25-2016 06:24 PM