UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Coon tracks Ohio
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Coon tracks Ohio

Sure has been rough hunting around my house since the last warm up this week. Can't hardly run a track and not seeing any coon laying up or hit on the road. Had better hunts when it was 20 degrees a few weeks ago.

How's your hunting been this week?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2017 09:55 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Atsteel
UKC Forum Member

Been treeing a bunch of coon best february hunting I've had in awhile.

Old Post 02-23-2017 12:02 AM
Atsteel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Atsteel Click here to Send Atsteel a Private Message Click Here to Email Atsteel Find more posts by Atsteel Add Atsteel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jmyers8
UKC Forum Member

Weve been having some thing in north central ohio lots of dens with rough tracks

Old Post 02-23-2017 12:37 AM
Jmyers8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmyers8 Click here to Send Jmyers8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmyers8 Find more posts by Jmyers8 Add Jmyers8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tln70
UKC Forum Member

I been teeing coons but it's tuff, bad tracks. A lot of dens. LOOK OUT FOR THE COYOTES!!!! They have coming right in on my dog. 20 yards from my the dang thing followed with 50 of the truck.

Old Post 02-23-2017 12:57 AM
tln70 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tln70 Click here to Send tln70 a Private Message Click Here to Email tln70 Find more posts by tln70 Add tln70 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Terrell
UKC Forum Member

Trevor they have been moving pretty good in the southern part of Ohio most night.

Phone # 937-213-1779

Old Post 02-23-2017 01:05 AM
Doug Terrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Terrell Click here to Send Doug Terrell a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Terrell Find more posts by Doug Terrell Add Doug Terrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Ive been treeing a lot of lay ups the last 2 weeks.No tracks other then a few short ones that got ambushed near a den.Seems like there sticking together.

Old Post 02-23-2017 02:37 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

we got bad distemper in some woods here, farmer told me yesterday he went for a walk and seen coon all over dead.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 02-23-2017 01:43 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Estes
UKC Forum Member

Its been tough over here in southeastern Indiana. My 3.5 yr old has been struggling a bit. Still treein some coon. my big money pup treed his first coon dead alone last night. talk about an awesome feeling.

*Akc Supreme GrNiteCH (National Black
Gold Leader), Ukc NiteCh Ging's Stylish
Cane
*Ging's Stylish Samsonite (Rat Attack)
*Flatrock River Ridge (Big Money x Buck Creek&Tequila Sunrise)
"A Man's Ego Is A Heavy Burden For A Hound To Carry"
*Owner@ Flatrock River Coonhounds*

Old Post 02-23-2017 01:47 PM
Cory Estes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Estes Click here to Send Cory Estes a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Estes Find more posts by Cory Estes Add Cory Estes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne
we got bad distemper in some woods here, farmer told me yesterday he went for a walk and seen coon all over dead.

That may be lead poisoning , not distemper

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:08 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

We ran a couple good tracks, But seemed to trailed more of them that were hard to finish then good ones. My idea was that the warm weather caused the coons to need water before dark so they moved early (Before dark) and then laid up again until the working man was in in bed. JMO

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:12 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Since the warm up I have been treeing some coon but nothing like I normally do. Good spots that always have good tracks and several of them can't even get a track started. Don't remember the last time I've seen it this bad.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:15 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

You guys in thick coon crack me up when you go to talking like this LOL
The thing is, you just dont know how good you really have it.
You're spoiled !

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:44 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

CHEYENNE

Lets just hope what that farmer saw WAS the result of distemper and not the result of some deer hunters who want to remove any/all animal (EXCEPT) the deer from eating on their precious corn pile.

I know the distemper disease is bad for any animal that goes through it, and lets hope we as sportsmen can do our part to reduce or eliminate wildlife from going through it. But for those folks that think they have the right to exterminate a certain species from their corn pile, now that gets me fired up!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:57 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Terrell
UKC Forum Member

Dave I have seen that done and it cost me a good dog.
All because of a deer hunter wanted rid of the corn eating coon,

Phone # 937-213-1779

Old Post 02-23-2017 04:07 PM
Doug Terrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Terrell Click here to Send Doug Terrell a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Terrell Find more posts by Doug Terrell Add Doug Terrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prowler47
UKC Forum Member

tough

rocketman i have talked about the poisoning of coon on here before was told by one guy on here that just did not happen, deer hunters would not do that. well some of them do. i have seen it and it has hurt the coon population in southern ohio. i wish they would ban that stuff. their is other stuff to kill flys with. i have never called the game warden on anyone but i will if i catch them putting that stuff out.

Old Post 02-23-2017 08:40 PM
prowler47 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prowler47 Click here to Send prowler47 a Private Message Click Here to Email prowler47 Find more posts by prowler47 Add prowler47 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

I can't say much about recent tracks as haven't been out for a few weeks but I can tell u we had a bad run of distemper this year. Never did kill 1 of this years kits all kill season. I notice it in November. Usually here in the land of plenty its bang bang in the first part of season but my hound was having to get deeper than usual to even strike a track. Some woods it was like a ghost town. I know we have it better than most around here and there's still plenty of coon but mother nature is pretty unforgiving when it comes to fixing a problem like over population.

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Old Post 02-24-2017 12:27 AM
lucas foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucas foster Click here to Send lucas foster a Private Message Click Here to Email lucas foster Find more posts by lucas foster Add lucas foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lonelyndeep4341
UKC Forum Member

Cheyenne An Trevor I been out An about there are ares deff hit by distemper Randy when we hunted out at those spots toward Glenn's An such I'm assuming is the area u told me on the phone they other nite were the farmer was I seen several coon with matted eyes stumbling An such they was to many incidents to spread out to be poinsinoing

Old Post 02-24-2017 05:01 AM
Lonelyndeep4341 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lonelyndeep4341 Click here to Send Lonelyndeep4341 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lonelyndeep4341 Find more posts by Lonelyndeep4341 Add Lonelyndeep4341 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Hilty
UKC Forum Member

Hot outside

Layups here. Coyotes are moving, double lights on my dog. Cool down coming soon.

Old Post 02-24-2017 01:35 PM
Mike Hilty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Hilty Click here to Send Mike Hilty a Private Message Find more posts by Mike Hilty Add Mike Hilty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jfraley357
UKC Forum Member

Crazy weather

Out walkimg the pup letting her get use to the woods and what not ive seen 3 dead ones and 2 more floating in the creek i dont know how i feel abought this warn weather yet still treeing but tough tracks there definetly going farther thain normal

PR WILD RIDE SOUTH CREEK QUEEN

Old Post 02-24-2017 11:24 PM
Jfraley357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jfraley357 Click here to Send Jfraley357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jfraley357 Find more posts by Jfraley357 Add Jfraley357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jfraley357
UKC Forum Member

Crazy weather

Out walkimg the pup letting her get use to the woods and what not ive seen 3 dead ones and 2 more floating in the creek i dont know how i feel abought this warn weather yet still treeing but tough tracks there definetly going farther thain normal

PR WILD RIDE SOUTH CREEK QUEEN

Old Post 02-24-2017 11:24 PM
Jfraley357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jfraley357 Click here to Send Jfraley357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jfraley357 Find more posts by Jfraley357 Add Jfraley357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Mullins
UKC Forum Member

This past week with as warm as its been has been harder to tree any this week than when it was in the 20s-30s at night. Lot of den trees with very little tracks

Old Post 02-25-2017 03:03 AM
Jason Mullins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Mullins Click here to Send Jason Mullins a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Mullins Find more posts by Jason Mullins Add Jason Mullins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambert dillon
UKC Forum Member

After that front pushed in tonight they ran really good. Old dog and young dog put one up a fence post and a sapling side by side. Saw 4 cross road on way to woods.

Old Post 02-25-2017 09:11 AM
lambert dillon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lambert dillon Click here to Send lambert dillon a Private Message Click Here to Email lambert dillon Find more posts by lambert dillon Add lambert dillon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: CHEYENNE

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Lets just hope what that farmer saw WAS the result of distemper and not the result of some deer hunters who want to remove any/all animal (EXCEPT) the deer from eating on their precious corn pile.

I know the distemper disease is bad for any animal that goes through it, and lets hope we as sportsmen can do our part to reduce or eliminate wildlife from going through it. But for those folks that think they have the right to exterminate a certain species from their corn pile, now that gets me fired up!!

I hunt all over this area!! havnt seen any just lieing around!! other than ones i left there!! early for destemper here!! i would call it FLY Bate!! one farmer got caught a couple yrs back!! about a mile from me!! 2K FINE HE GOT!! BET HE DONT DO THAT AGAIN!! Deer hunters do same thing tho!! idiots!!sure call dnr they will check out the reason!! they are dead all over!!

Old Post 02-25-2017 02:58 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nkuhl
UKC Forum Member

Dead coon

Yep fly bait and coke. Supposedly a deer hunter did this in woods behind me last fall. Killed 30 some coon in couple days. I'm working to catch up with him to have a discussion. Coon were eating his corn pile I guess. Idiot don't even own the property.

Old Post 02-25-2017 05:10 PM
nkuhl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nkuhl Click here to Send nkuhl a Private Message Click Here to Email nkuhl Find more posts by nkuhl Add nkuhl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Terrell
UKC Forum Member

Well it's going to be in the 20's tonight not counting the wind who's all going out to see if they are moving better than the last 2 weeks of warm weather?

Phone # 937-213-1779

Old Post 02-25-2017 07:27 PM