UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 30 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Coon tracks Ohio (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928475498)

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 02-22-2017 09:55 PM:

Coon tracks Ohio

Sure has been rough hunting around my house since the last warm up this week. Can't hardly run a track and not seeing any coon laying up or hit on the road. Had better hunts when it was 20 degrees a few weeks ago.

How's your hunting been this week?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by Atsteel on 02-23-2017 12:02 AM:

Been treeing a bunch of coon best february hunting I've had in awhile.

Posted by Jmyers8 on 02-23-2017 12:37 AM:

Weve been having some thing in north central ohio lots of dens with rough tracks

Posted by tln70 on 02-23-2017 12:57 AM:

I been teeing coons but it's tuff, bad tracks. A lot of dens. LOOK OUT FOR THE COYOTES!!!! They have coming right in on my dog. 20 yards from my the dang thing followed with 50 of the truck.

Posted by Doug Terrell on 02-23-2017 01:05 AM:

Trevor they have been moving pretty good in the southern part of Ohio most night.

Phone # 937-213-1779

Posted by Jackson87 on 02-23-2017 02:37 AM:

Ive been treeing a lot of lay ups the last 2 weeks.No tracks other then a few short ones that got ambushed near a den.Seems like there sticking together.

Posted by Cheyenne on 02-23-2017 01:43 PM:

we got bad distemper in some woods here, farmer told me yesterday he went for a walk and seen coon all over dead.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Posted by Cory Estes on 02-23-2017 01:47 PM:

Its been tough over here in southeastern Indiana. My 3.5 yr old has been struggling a bit. Still treein some coon. my big money pup treed his first coon dead alone last night. talk about an awesome feeling.

*Akc Supreme GrNiteCH (National Black
Gold Leader), Ukc NiteCh Ging's Stylish
Cane
*Ging's Stylish Samsonite (Rat Attack)
*Flatrock River Ridge (Big Money x Buck Creek&Tequila Sunrise)
"A Man's Ego Is A Heavy Burden For A Hound To Carry"
*Owner@ Flatrock River Coonhounds*

Posted by Sonny Phipps on 02-23-2017 03:08 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne
we got bad distemper in some woods here, farmer told me yesterday he went for a walk and seen coon all over dead.

That may be lead poisoning , not distemper

Posted by Sonny Phipps on 02-23-2017 03:12 PM:

We ran a couple good tracks, But seemed to trailed more of them that were hard to finish then good ones. My idea was that the warm weather caused the coons to need water before dark so they moved early (Before dark) and then laid up again until the working man was in in bed. JMO

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 02-23-2017 03:15 PM:

Since the warm up I have been treeing some coon but nothing like I normally do. Good spots that always have good tracks and several of them can't even get a track started. Don't remember the last time I've seen it this bad.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by Toad Hill on 02-23-2017 03:44 PM:

You guys in thick coon crack me up when you go to talking like this LOL
The thing is, you just dont know how good you really have it.
You're spoiled !

Posted by Rocketman55 on 02-23-2017 03:57 PM:

CHEYENNE

Lets just hope what that farmer saw WAS the result of distemper and not the result of some deer hunters who want to remove any/all animal (EXCEPT) the deer from eating on their precious corn pile.

I know the distemper disease is bad for any animal that goes through it, and lets hope we as sportsmen can do our part to reduce or eliminate wildlife from going through it. But for those folks that think they have the right to exterminate a certain species from their corn pile, now that gets me fired up!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Posted by Doug Terrell on 02-23-2017 04:07 PM:

Dave I have seen that done and it cost me a good dog.
All because of a deer hunter wanted rid of the corn eating coon,

Phone # 937-213-1779

Posted by prowler47 on 02-23-2017 08:40 PM:

tough

rocketman i have talked about the poisoning of coon on here before was told by one guy on here that just did not happen, deer hunters would not do that. well some of them do. i have seen it and it has hurt the coon population in southern ohio. i wish they would ban that stuff. their is other stuff to kill flys with. i have never called the game warden on anyone but i will if i catch them putting that stuff out.

Posted by lucas foster on 02-24-2017 12:27 AM:

I can't say much about recent tracks as haven't been out for a few weeks but I can tell u we had a bad run of distemper this year. Never did kill 1 of this years kits all kill season. I notice it in November. Usually here in the land of plenty its bang bang in the first part of season but my hound was having to get deeper than usual to even strike a track. Some woods it was like a ghost town. I know we have it better than most around here and there's still plenty of coon but mother nature is pretty unforgiving when it comes to fixing a problem like over population.

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Posted by Lonelyndeep4341 on 02-24-2017 05:01 AM:

Cheyenne An Trevor I been out An about there are ares deff hit by distemper Randy when we hunted out at those spots toward Glenn's An such I'm assuming is the area u told me on the phone they other nite were the farmer was I seen several coon with matted eyes stumbling An such they was to many incidents to spread out to be poinsinoing

Posted by Mike Hilty on 02-24-2017 01:35 PM:

Hot outside

Layups here. Coyotes are moving, double lights on my dog. Cool down coming soon.

Posted by Jfraley357 on 02-24-2017 11:24 PM:

Crazy weather

Out walkimg the pup letting her get use to the woods and what not ive seen 3 dead ones and 2 more floating in the creek i dont know how i feel abought this warn weather yet still treeing but tough tracks there definetly going farther thain normal

PR WILD RIDE SOUTH CREEK QUEEN

Posted by Jfraley357 on 02-24-2017 11:24 PM:

Crazy weather

Out walkimg the pup letting her get use to the woods and what not ive seen 3 dead ones and 2 more floating in the creek i dont know how i feel abought this warn weather yet still treeing but tough tracks there definetly going farther thain normal

PR WILD RIDE SOUTH CREEK QUEEN

Posted by Jason Mullins on 02-25-2017 03:03 AM:

This past week with as warm as its been has been harder to tree any this week than when it was in the 20s-30s at night. Lot of den trees with very little tracks

Posted by lambert dillon on 02-25-2017 09:11 AM:

After that front pushed in tonight they ran really good. Old dog and young dog put one up a fence post and a sapling side by side. Saw 4 cross road on way to woods.

Posted by CHEWBACH on 02-25-2017 02:58 PM:

Re: CHEYENNE

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
Lets just hope what that farmer saw WAS the result of distemper and not the result of some deer hunters who want to remove any/all animal (EXCEPT) the deer from eating on their precious corn pile.

I know the distemper disease is bad for any animal that goes through it, and lets hope we as sportsmen can do our part to reduce or eliminate wildlife from going through it. But for those folks that think they have the right to exterminate a certain species from their corn pile, now that gets me fired up!!

I hunt all over this area!! havnt seen any just lieing around!! other than ones i left there!! early for destemper here!! i would call it FLY Bate!! one farmer got caught a couple yrs back!! about a mile from me!! 2K FINE HE GOT!! BET HE DONT DO THAT AGAIN!! Deer hunters do same thing tho!! idiots!!sure call dnr they will check out the reason!! they are dead all over!!

Posted by nkuhl on 02-25-2017 05:10 PM:

Dead coon

Yep fly bait and coke. Supposedly a deer hunter did this in woods behind me last fall. Killed 30 some coon in couple days. I'm working to catch up with him to have a discussion. Coon were eating his corn pile I guess. Idiot don't even own the property.

Posted by Doug Terrell on 02-25-2017 07:27 PM:

Well it's going to be in the 20's tonight not counting the wind who's all going out to see if they are moving better than the last 2 weeks of warm weather?

Phone # 937-213-1779