UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Diamond Naturals Extreme Athelete ??
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JPRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

Diamond Naturals Extreme Athelete ??

Just looking for some feedback on this feed if anyone out there is using it.
Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-20-2016 05:21 AM
JPRITCHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JPRITCHARD Click here to Send JPRITCHARD a Private Message Find more posts by JPRITCHARD Add JPRITCHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Yes, by far the best feed I have ever used. Have to cut it way back or hunt the hair off them or they get fat. Hunt til daylight and still have energy to go back the next night.

Old Post 11-20-2016 05:33 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hopm
UKC Forum Member

one of the better feeds I've used. Little higher priced....smaller package...I went a different direction

Old Post 11-20-2016 06:28 AM
hopm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hopm Click here to Send hopm a Private Message Find more posts by hopm Add hopm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

All I feed best I haveseen that is readily available in my area !!!!! It's not cheap but it also doesn't take but one say 16 oz up aday to each dog and they look and hunt great ! If I am hunting one hard in hotter temps iwill add one scoop of super fuel with therefor daily and you will see a substantial difference also atleaat up hear but Imature would be same down there when I buy 10 bags at a time tsc gives me 10% off aswellz

Last edited by POTOMAC on 11-20-2016 at 10:15 AM

Old Post 11-20-2016 08:36 AM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

we fed it for a couple years.

you would be better off with pro plan

Old Post 11-20-2016 01:30 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NcTreed
UKC Forum Member

I fed it for a while and dogs looked great.

Old Post 11-20-2016 02:37 PM
NcTreed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NcTreed Click here to Send NcTreed a Private Message Find more posts by NcTreed Add NcTreed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

I would not pick pro plan over dea. I've fed both to the same dogs and can't keep weight with pro plan, end up feeding more and cleaning up more

Old Post 11-20-2016 02:39 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaun Paton
UKC Forum Member

Diamond

My son and I feed this to our bear hounds during hard running. Our dogs stay in great shape and have the stamina to go day after day of hard hunting. It's well worth the price to keep your hound from being run down.

Shaun Paton
Chase Creek Kennels

Old Post 11-20-2016 04:10 PM
Shaun Paton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaun Paton Click here to Send Shaun Paton a Private Message Find more posts by Shaun Paton Add Shaun Paton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

I had a buddy that could not keep weight on his dog, it just looked like crap all the time. I had him bring him to me I told him give me $50 and pick him up in two weeks. When he came back he couldn't believe it was his dog. Extreme a thelete and a good worming ant the dog pit on about 15+lbs. In two weeks. That said I feed Victor now with the same results I believe both are great feedsbut I can save a little on vVictor and my dog hunts just as hard and recovers just as fast.

Last edited by rob thompson on 11-20-2016 at 04:26 PM

Old Post 11-20-2016 04:19 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rob thompson
I would not pick pro plan over dea. I've fed both to the same dogs and can't keep weight with pro plan, end up feeding more and cleaning up more

I have had the exact opposite experience.

Way more waste, usually looser with extreme athlete. After 4 months I had one dog just quit eating it. I wouldn't feed it to a lap dog

Old Post 11-20-2016 10:54 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

DEA vs Pro Plan

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis

Way more waste, usually looser with extreme athlete. After 4 months I had one dog just quit eating it. I wouldn't feed it to a lap dog

Have go agree with you on this Josh,
Pro plan IMO is by far the better food. I have never had any luck with Diamond products. Loose stool, dogs won't eat it and then Diamond would have a recall on one of their products. I recently switched back to Black Gold and won't be feeding that anymore.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Last edited by MIKE CARDER on 11-20-2016 at 11:45 PM

Old Post 11-20-2016 11:41 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stanley Lewis
UKC Forum Member

Been feeding it several years as far as I'm concerned none better. Cost 37.50 including tax for 40 lb. bag.

Old Post 11-20-2016 11:44 PM
Stanley Lewis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stanley Lewis Click here to Send Stanley Lewis a Private Message Click Here to Email Stanley Lewis Find more posts by Stanley Lewis Add Stanley Lewis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Is it just me, or does DEA seem incredibly inconsistent? I fed it for a couple years, and it seemed like every 2-3 bags I'd get one that looked and smelled very different. Most of the dogs would eat it, but when I came across those strange bags the pickier dogs wouldn't touch it. This was independent of where I purchased the bags.
And all the recalls and poisoned dogs finally scared me off.

Old Post 11-21-2016 03:07 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilkes1
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
That said I feed Victor now with the same results I believe both are great feedsbut I can save a little on vVictor and my dog hunts just as hard and recovers just as fast.

Rob, which victor do you feed? Im giving the victor professional purple bag a try now and am liking it so far. seems to be good stuff

Old Post 11-21-2016 05:47 AM
wilkes1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wilkes1 Click here to Send wilkes1 a Private Message Find more posts by wilkes1 Add wilkes1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

I have been feeding the 24/20 in the colder months and the green bag 26/18 in the summer. I feed the purple to the house dogs. I've been really impressed with it especially the waste, there is a lot less.

Old Post 11-21-2016 12:43 PM
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis

that's what happened to my dog after being on proplan, I put him back on Victor he gained about 10lbs. Back. Strange how dogs react to different feed.

Old Post 11-21-2016 12:46 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
that's what happened to my dog after being on proplan, I put him back on Victor he gained about 10lbs. Back. Strange how dogs react to different feed.

I'm not sure I didn't get a bad bag.

Old Post 11-21-2016 05:14 PM
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

I know for a fact with dea you only feed very little and most think a dog can't survive on that little of food but when there stool is lose on dea they are getting to much cut it back and it will be tight !!

Old Post 11-21-2016 07:32 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I fed dea to my female for a while and she did great on it. She just quit eating it one day, I figured she wasn't hungry. That went on a couple days so I put some 4health down and she gobbled it up. I feed victor now but I will say my bulldogs are on 4health salmon and potato and they look good but they are just yard dogs.

Old Post 11-21-2016 07:48 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

How much is the Victor feed running compared to the Diamond EA?

Old Post 11-21-2016 08:04 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Cooper
UKC Forum Member

I feed Loyall active adult dog food. It is 26/ 19. My dogs love it. Very little waste. I paid $28.00 for a 40 pd bag. A good friend of mine feeds Showtime dog food in the 24/ 20 formula. He swears by it. He buys it in 50 pd bags. I'm not sure what he pays for it.

Old Post 11-22-2016 05:19 PM
Craig Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Cooper Click here to Send Craig Cooper a Private Message Find more posts by Craig Cooper Add Craig Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

Mine have a burritos and beer diet. They stay just as fat and happy as I do. As long as we don't have too many jalapeņos or cheap beer our stools stay firm and regular.

Old Post 11-22-2016 05:29 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I have always fed purina dog chow and hunted my dogs hard I got one now that paces in the pen between that and hunting him he looks like a gutted snow bird all the time I either am going to have to add somthing to it or go to pro plan or somthing else I have wormed him gave him LA200 he is just to boney for me thinking about maybe value pack idk !!

Old Post 11-22-2016 05:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I have also made the switch to Loyall dog food. I can get the Active Adult, no corn, wheat, or soy, for $25.75 for a 40 pound bag because of quantity. Nutreena makes Loyall and have a breeders club that you can join and get coupons and I have heard that they are coming up with a program to buy 9 bags and get one free. I'm also going to go back to mixing dry milk replacer in with the dog food. I've done that in the past and it worked extremely well. The cost of the milk replacer per pound is more than the price per pound of the dog food but I was able to cut the dog food amount way back by adding the milk replacer. I also used the milk replacer to get dogs to drink in the dead of winter when the water would get froze up.

Old Post 11-22-2016 05:46 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilkes1
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
How much is the Victor feed running compared to the Diamond EA?

Its costing me right at 35 bucks a bag here in sc for the Victor professional 26/18. 40 lb bag. And the 30/20 hi pro plus was around $37

Old Post 11-22-2016 06:16 PM
wilkes1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wilkes1 Click here to Send wilkes1 a Private Message Find more posts by wilkes1 Add wilkes1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote