UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Caught rabbit?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bob keese
UKC Forum Member

Caught rabbit?

Well this weekend was some of the best running conditions I've seen in years. It reminded me of hare trials, fast and smooth.

Now for my question.

The pack is running extremely big and judges are having trouble keeping up with the hounds. The pack goes silent and the judges catch up to the dogs and they notice one dogs has the rabbit in its mouth. The other hounds are searching and are not very near the dog with the rabbit. The rabbit is whole and no growling was heard. Should this be scored as a Caught Rabbit or no score cause the judge didn't actually see the rabbit being caught?

What are your thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2016 03:20 PM
bob keese is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bob keese Click here to Send bob keese a Private Message Click Here to Email bob keese Find more posts by bob keese Add bob keese to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOHBC
UKC Forum Member

Yes I would rule it caught. Was the rabbit stiff??

Hard for any judges to stay up on a pack that is stroking the rabbit. Gotta love a pack that can hammer a rabbit and catch it. Wish I was there.

Hair or Hole Beagle Club

Old Post 03-22-2016 02:00 AM
HOHBC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOHBC Click here to Send HOHBC a Private Message Click Here to Email HOHBC Find more posts by HOHBC Add HOHBC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Bob, sounds like "a rabbit caught" would be the correct scoring.

Old Post 03-24-2016 01:17 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Considering the scenario, the bigger question may be determining if that was actually the dog that caught the rabbit?

Old Post 03-24-2016 01:20 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midvalleybeagle
UKC Forum Member

True my question would be To be fair if u didn't actually see that dog catch it I wouldn't score it. I know dogs that catch them kill them and then won't touch them. Kinda the same as you can't go off of sound in checks and so on.

GRPCH GRCH MID VALLEY BUNNY BUSTER
TWO FIRST IN HB ALSO. STATE RACE WINNER 2015 PP

GRPCH HBCH MID VALLEY HURRY UP SWEET PEA
2015 MARYLAND STATE PP CHAMPION 5TH IN WORLD 2018

MID VALLEY BUNNY BUSTERS DREAM

MID VALLEY CRACK HEAD NOLA

MID VALLEY & FRAZIERS PICKING BANJO

MICHAEL TOBERY
JENNIFER TOBERY
MICHAEL TOBERY JR
CHASE TOBERY
KAYLYNN TOBERY

Old Post 03-24-2016 06:16 PM
midvalleybeagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for midvalleybeagle Click here to Send midvalleybeagle a Private Message Click Here to Email midvalleybeagle Visit midvalleybeagle's homepage! Find more posts by midvalleybeagle Add midvalleybeagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote