UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Probiotics
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Probiotics

We've had a sick hound this week & he's been on some pretty strong antibiotics...our vet reminded me to give him probiotics . When your fighting any kind of bacteria that requires antibiotics it is killing off the good & the bad . Probiotics help to re-establish the good bacteria in the intestional track. Probiotics are found in yogurt & in pill form in your local pharmacy or meds section in Wal-Mart & dollar stores. 1 pill a day & continue for awhile after antibiotic treatment. Also helps dogs (& humans) with digestion & bowel issues.
And for any of you that had been following my 8 mo old got a first thread ...Warrior is feeling much better I think were finally out of the woods. He's home eating & drinking thinking this house dog stuff is a pretty good life ....hopefully he dissides to be a coondog in a couple of weeks again. lol

Home of :
ALL GRAND GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA
and the future generation....
ALL GRAND REDNECK MAFIA'S BACKWOODS SHACK (Mafia/Rat's Hi Country Ann)
ALL GRAND REDNECK MAFIA'S RANSOM (Mafia/Minkler's Kansas Maxine)
AND HOME OF THE QUICK START PUP TRAINING PROGRAM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-01-2013 08:04 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Johnson
I believe I read on one of your posts that you feed Victor dog food.
I was told by the local distributor that Victor is one of the few feeds that have probiotics and prebiotics added.

Good to know that your young dog is feeling better.

Thank you I'm so glad he's better too , he gave us a big scare .And yes I feed & recommend Victor dog food & it has additives for digestive health it would be great if he would eat it right now -this one had barely eaten anything in almost a week right now it's chicken boiled & de-boned. And has been on antibiotics through his IV. He better not get any ideas that I'm cooking for him for the rest of his life lol.
I'm gonna start him on some feed w/ the chicken broth on it today . He's got some weight to put back on .
But if your dog is on antibiotics give it a probiotic to help dogs system maintain the good bacteria ,most people don't feed Victor & some that would like to don't have a store in their area that sells it but more & more are by demand.

Home of :
ALL GRAND GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA
and the future generation....
ALL GRAND REDNECK MAFIA'S BACKWOODS SHACK (Mafia/Rat's Hi Country Ann)
ALL GRAND REDNECK MAFIA'S RANSOM (Mafia/Minkler's Kansas Maxine)
AND HOME OF THE QUICK START PUP TRAINING PROGRAM

Old Post 11-01-2013 03:17 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

A good thing to give your dog when your give doxycycline for lyme.

Old Post 11-02-2013 04:55 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote