UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Va coon season
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Va coon season

Let's hear everybody's coon season updates so far. Feel free to include time of night and weather also.

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-17-2013 09:39 PM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Bird 76
UKC Forum Member

first night and pup got her first coon. I believe shes 10 months, but may be 11. Amelia Va and about 9pm...starting the season off right. I plan on tanning this hids as long as she keeps improving and i decide shes a keeper.

Old Post 10-20-2013 09:27 PM
Jay Bird 76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Bird 76 Click here to Send Jay Bird 76 a Private Message Find more posts by Jay Bird 76 Add Jay Bird 76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I've hunted three nights, knocked out two coon. Opening night of season is the only night I haven't seen eyes looking down at me.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-21-2013 12:35 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jha
UKC Forum Member

hunted Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I wasn't expecting much due to the full moon. looked at coon every night, although on Thursday that was due to the dog actually pulling a coon from up under the creek bank. all in all it's a good start.

Old Post 10-21-2013 03:41 AM
jha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jha Click here to Send jha a Private Message Click Here to Email jha Find more posts by jha Add jha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That Dog
UKC Forum Member

Just got a new dog today 10 month old redtick good dog need some woek but I did a drag off a fresh road kill tonight for about 2 hours let him look for it and he's improving everytime trees hard but won't open up on track but after he gets aggervated he will chop kinda on tree but u gotta encourage him...he's gonna be a nice one by the end of the season I do believe....can someone with a trackin system and a good older dog be willing to eet up with me one night and see if there older dog can teach my pup a few tricks he's outta little miss ann and something else nice english dog just need somme help and he will be all coon dog.

Old Post 10-21-2013 04:34 AM
That Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for That Dog Click here to Send That Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email That Dog Find more posts by That Dog Add That Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That Dog
UKC Forum Member

I'm in alleghany co down on 42

Old Post 10-21-2013 04:35 AM
That Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for That Dog Click here to Send That Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email That Dog Find more posts by That Dog Add That Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joennate
UKC Forum Member

treed 3 tonight with my male dog out of high x .knocked one out little wet but a good night .

Old Post 10-25-2013 04:24 AM
joennate is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joennate Click here to Send joennate a Private Message Click Here to Email joennate Find more posts by joennate Add joennate to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jha
UKC Forum Member

treed two and a grinner. I can live with an infrequent slick tail.

Old Post 10-25-2013 04:43 AM
jha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jha Click here to Send jha a Private Message Click Here to Email jha Find more posts by jha Add jha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Since last Saturday night I have hunted every night but Sunday and Wed. I knocked out a coon Mon and Tue, Thur he made two den trees and one slick tree, Friday night he treed one in less than 5 mins, Tonight he treed one in about 20 mins. I've knocked 6 out so far this season.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-27-2013 04:13 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justus
UKC Forum Member

Here's GrNite Smoke

Here's a pup off him NiteCh Diamond

Father and daughter

GrNite-Queen of Diamonds-(GrNite TnT's Smokeman-Lesters Queen)

TK'S Turkey Cocks Slinger-(GrNite-Charlie Brown-GrNite-Queen of Diamons

Diamonds 14k-(GrNite-Days hardwood Lonzo-GrNite-Queen of Diamonds

Old Post 10-27-2013 04:56 AM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
youngwalkerman
UKC Forum Member

Went last Saturday made 4 trees looked at 13 coons went tonight made den and killed one

Old Post 10-27-2013 06:04 AM
youngwalkerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for youngwalkerman Click here to Send youngwalkerman a Private Message Click Here to Email youngwalkerman Visit youngwalkerman's homepage! Find more posts by youngwalkerman Add youngwalkerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluet1k
UKC Forum Member

VA

Jaybird what part of Amelia are you in? Im in Paineville

Old Post 10-28-2013 04:02 AM
Bluet1k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluet1k Click here to Send Bluet1k a Private Message Click Here to Email Bluet1k Find more posts by Bluet1k Add Bluet1k to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jha
UKC Forum Member

I only got to hunt two nights this past weekend. had two fairly hard tracks but treed both, and had one short easy one that ended in a hole in the ground.

Old Post 10-29-2013 01:28 AM
lgblnc
UKC Forum Member

its official its time for a new dog doing it on its own .. anybody got something for some kids ???? my 5yo wants to hunt .. papers and breed dont matter though i like my blue dogs

Old Post 10-30-2013 04:31 PM
lgblnc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lgblnc Click here to Send lgblnc a Private Message Click Here to Email lgblnc Find more posts by lgblnc Add lgblnc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

Well finally had a night worth talking about. Cut loose withing 15 minutes trail started. Ran about 100 yards ( very slow going). there started treeing. Seemed like they ran the trakcs every which way. Took a little bit for the to finally lock down and tree. Walked over to the tree seen a big ole fat coon sitting there. Looked around in the top another set of eyes. Ended up being 4 kits and the momma in the tree. Cut them loose again up the creek form where we started ran up the creek into the cornfield then back over to the creek. Started treeing walked over there is the coon sitting in the top. Looked at watch it was 9:11. Back home in the house by 9:30. Great night.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 10-30-2013 08:43 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote