UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Black and white blueticks
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bluebellchopper
UKC Forum Member

Black and white blueticks

I have to say I like the looks of a darker marked up bluetick more even tho it has nothing to do with hunting ability. I'm just curious what blood from years ago makes these black and white blueticks pop up from time to time even out of a all blue cross? Just curious maybe a little history lesson from a old timer. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2013 01:24 PM
bluebellchopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluebellchopper Click here to Send bluebellchopper a Private Message Click Here to Email bluebellchopper Visit bluebellchopper's homepage! Find more posts by bluebellchopper Add bluebellchopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

here is a thread on that very thing that was started previously:

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...=928294260&

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 02-27-2013 03:04 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
408northville
Banned

Hound x Birddog cross

Old Post 02-28-2013 12:16 AM
408northville is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 408northville Click here to Send 408northville a Private Message Click Here to Email 408northville Find more posts by 408northville Add 408northville to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOOSIERBLUE
UKC Forum Member

who knows

prior to 1946 blueticks were reg as english, all color combinations in some litters

Old Post 03-01-2013 02:00 AM
HOOSIERBLUE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOOSIERBLUE Click here to Send HOOSIERBLUE a Private Message Click Here to Email HOOSIERBLUE Find more posts by HOOSIERBLUE Add HOOSIERBLUE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prostockpat
Banned

blk. & white

what happened in the past....stays in the past!
enough said

Old Post 03-01-2013 05:16 AM
prostockpat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prostockpat Click here to Send prostockpat a Private Message Click Here to Email prostockpat Find more posts by prostockpat Add prostockpat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogcrazy
New UKC Forum Member

I Need info on these black an white blueticks People are giving me A hardhard time because I have two black an white males out of spring hill blue raisin Cain an whiteutchman Northern an smokey river lines

Old Post 06-04-2015 01:30 AM
coondogcrazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogcrazy Click here to Send coondogcrazy a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogcrazy Find more posts by coondogcrazy Add coondogcrazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondogcrazy
New UKC Forum Member

I Meant spring hill blue raisin Cain utchman northern an smoked river

Old Post 06-04-2015 01:34 AM
coondogcrazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogcrazy Click here to Send coondogcrazy a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogcrazy Find more posts by coondogcrazy Add coondogcrazy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 408northville
Hound x Birddog cross
How often does a chop mouth blue tick turn up. That bird dog cross has got to be the biggest myth in coon hunting. I never saw a bawl mouth bird dog.

Old Post 06-04-2015 10:44 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

Diamond Jim blood, old Uchtman.

There were light colored dogs in the OO Grant stock that old Lake Barr came from.

Also, as someone said, years ago before Blues and Walkers separated, all three were registered as English.

Old Post 06-04-2015 10:59 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Must say that color doesn't bother me. In the past I favored the medium to darker colored blueticks with the dark tan trim. Today, I breed for intelligence, athleticism, desire to catch on the ground and confirmation. My old Daisy female that was a great reproducer was open ticked and I kept an open ticked female by her that I call Pearl. I sent Daisy to Larry Anderson in Montana to try to get a litter out of Rocky. Most folks who have hunted with Pearl would take her off my hands if she was available.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-22-2015 12:45 AM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
farmerblues
UKC Forum Member

I had a black and white male out of Uchtmans Hornet and Smokey River Joey

Old Post 06-22-2015 01:18 AM
farmerblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for farmerblues Click here to Send farmerblues a Private Message Click Here to Email farmerblues Find more posts by farmerblues Add farmerblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote