UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > 7ft Rattle snake/Goshen Va
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Timberdog English
UKC Forum Member

7ft Rattle Ga,bad info still big snake

GRCHNTCH TIMBER VALLEY WY, CORBETT'S TIMBERDOG RED THUNDER [MOONIE],Nt Ch COWLES BIG RIVER RED BULL, CORBETTS HARDTIME INKS OLLIE,Whiskey River Moonshine,Alabama Wild Dawg,CoonValley Duck Duck Goose, Sunset Abby

Last edited by Timberdog English on 07-14-2012 at 04:06 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-13-2012 09:54 PM
Timberdog English is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Timberdog English Click here to Send Timberdog English a Private Message Click Here to Email Timberdog English Find more posts by Timberdog English Add Timberdog English to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kardinalkennels
UKC Forum Member

state record rattler???

Little better than 74" is the current I think.

Nice one for sure, even dead he still looks like he is threaten you.

Pups and started dogs available from time to time.

Old Post 07-13-2012 11:45 PM
kardinalkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kardinalkennels Click here to Send kardinalkennels a Private Message Find more posts by kardinalkennels Add kardinalkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slowlane
UKC Forum Member

snake

now thats a biggun

Old Post 07-14-2012 01:36 AM
slowlane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slowlane Click here to Send slowlane a Private Message Click Here to Email slowlane Find more posts by slowlane Add slowlane to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaun Paton
UKC Forum Member

Snake

I will keep shoveling snow up here in northern Michigan just so I don't have to put up with them rascals.

Old Post 07-14-2012 02:38 AM
Shaun Paton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaun Paton Click here to Send Shaun Paton a Private Message Find more posts by Shaun Paton Add Shaun Paton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twablue3
UKC Forum Member

snake

Holy $#*+ we got pretty close to a 4 footer down on the nc coast while cheaking a track we thought it was big coming up during chase season next month sure hope i don't come across a giant like that wow i wonder how old that thing was

Old Post 07-14-2012 03:17 AM
twablue3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for twablue3 Click here to Send twablue3 a Private Message Click Here to Email twablue3 Find more posts by twablue3 Add twablue3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WILDHORSE
UKC Forum Member

sorry

that snake may have been killed where you said but i received that pic. on my phone 2 years ago saying it was killed in western nc. i would like to know for sure where it was killed . you could bet i would not hunt there

Old Post 07-14-2012 11:58 AM
WILDHORSE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WILDHORSE Click here to Send WILDHORSE a Private Message Click Here to Email WILDHORSE Find more posts by WILDHORSE Add WILDHORSE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gopower
New UKC Forum Member

never saw a rattler colerd like that around here and last time i heard it was against the law to kill rattlesnakes in va. i could be wrong tho

Old Post 07-14-2012 01:00 PM
gopower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gopower Click here to Send gopower a Private Message Click Here to Email gopower Find more posts by gopower Add gopower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Tom,

I think someone is pullin' your leg.That exact same pic was sent to me on my phone 2 yrs. ago by a guy who had sent it to him sayin' that the snake was killed here in Chesapeake,Va.Someone is pullin' a practical joke on ya buddy.Hell,we got some big Canebreak rattlers around here,but nothin' like that.If we did,I'd quit huntin'.
Rob

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 07-14-2012 01:24 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bcboy081
UKC Forum Member

Im not a snake expert but that looks more like a diamondback and we don't have those in VA

Old Post 07-14-2012 04:59 PM
bcboy081 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bcboy081 Click here to Send bcboy081 a Private Message Click Here to Email bcboy081 Find more posts by bcboy081 Add bcboy081 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gopower
New UKC Forum Member

Either way thats a heck of a snake

Old Post 07-14-2012 05:18 PM
gopower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gopower Click here to Send gopower a Private Message Click Here to Email gopower Find more posts by gopower Add gopower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Timberdog English
UKC Forum Member

georgia snake

killed near savanah ga last year someone was playing a prank but still very big snake the largest rattler killed in va was in goshen it is hanging in shop in lexington va

GRCHNTCH TIMBER VALLEY WY, CORBETT'S TIMBERDOG RED THUNDER [MOONIE],Nt Ch COWLES BIG RIVER RED BULL, CORBETTS HARDTIME INKS OLLIE,Whiskey River Moonshine,Alabama Wild Dawg,CoonValley Duck Duck Goose, Sunset Abby

Old Post 07-15-2012 04:51 AM
Timberdog English is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Timberdog English Click here to Send Timberdog English a Private Message Click Here to Email Timberdog English Find more posts by Timberdog English Add Timberdog English to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeR
UKC Forum Member

Like most pictures of BIG deer, bear, snakes etc. rumors run rampant.

That snake is an Eastern Diamondback. VA is a little far North for them.

GrNiteCh Ch Oak Branch's Black Bird Star
Wipeout Chesapeake Piper

Old Post 07-16-2012 01:16 PM
MikeR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MikeR Click here to Send MikeR a Private Message Click Here to Email MikeR Find more posts by MikeR Add MikeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

ONE IMPORTANT STATISTIC IS MISSING FROM THIS STORY, HOW LONG IS THE STICK BEING USED TO HOLD THE SNAKE CLOSE TO THE CAMERA???

Old Post 07-18-2012 12:58 AM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishbuddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hey Preacher!!!
ONE IMPORTANT STATISTIC IS MISSING FROM THIS STORY, HOW LONG IS THE STICK BEING USED TO HOLD THE SNAKE CLOSE TO THE CAMERA???

Not long enough if it was me !!!!!!

Old Post 07-19-2012 01:53 AM
englishbuddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishbuddy Click here to Send englishbuddy a Private Message Find more posts by englishbuddy Add englishbuddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
e.t.sawyerjr
UKC Forum Member

Re: sorry

quote:
Originally posted by WILDHORSE
that snake may have been killed where you said but i received that pic. on my phone 2 years ago saying it was killed in western nc. i would like to know for sure where it was killed . you could bet i would not hunt there

no not come to eastern nc if you do not want to hunt where they are that big

Old Post 07-19-2012 08:25 PM
e.t.sawyerjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for e.t.sawyerjr Click here to Send e.t.sawyerjr a Private Message Click Here to Email e.t.sawyerjr Find more posts by e.t.sawyerjr Add e.t.sawyerjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mtncoon
UKC Forum Member

It was killed in ga it was issued in georgia outdoor news....i think around savannah,ga

Old Post 07-21-2012 01:23 AM
mtncoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mtncoon Click here to Send mtncoon a Private Message Find more posts by mtncoon Add mtncoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WILDHORSE
UKC Forum Member

rattelers

id sure like to be able to see how many rattlers it had.

Old Post 07-21-2012 12:56 PM
WILDHORSE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WILDHORSE Click here to Send WILDHORSE a Private Message Click Here to Email WILDHORSE Find more posts by WILDHORSE Add WILDHORSE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

i encountered a 5 ft rattler last year. when it struck, it reached out a ways. i bet if that seven footer hit you, even with snake proof stuff on, it'd still knock you down. like being punched. some things were meant to go extinct, saber tooth tigers, t rex and poisionus snakes.

Old Post 07-24-2012 04:38 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Plott55
Banned

Snakes

Eastern Diamond-back Rattle Snakes do exist and DO GET BIG!!! Seven ft. would not be a record!!!

They share habitat with the Timber Rattlers which peak out around Five a half feet ( and are the most common and most wide spread ) and the Pigmy; which are about a foot long.

We have a few ROSS ALLENS around but to me; any one who will catch a RattleSnake doesn't have the mental capacity to be called smart.

My motto==I've never seen a RattleSnake to big to kill!!! and I've never seen one small enough to catch.

I guess the anti's that want to protect RattleSnakes live in town.

Last edited by Plott55 on 07-29-2012 at 11:00 AM

Old Post 07-29-2012 10:52 AM
Plott55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Plott55 Click here to Send Plott55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Plott55 Find more posts by Plott55 Add Plott55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bcboy081
UKC Forum Member

Eastern Diamondback rattlesnakes don't live in Virginia where this snake was supposed to be killed

Old Post 07-29-2012 06:00 PM
bcboy081 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bcboy081 Click here to Send bcboy081 a Private Message Click Here to Email bcboy081 Find more posts by bcboy081 Add bcboy081 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris McCrary
UKC Forum Member

Georgia Outdoor News did the article on it several years ago. Was killed in Ga..still a big snake but theat thing has been killed all over the us by the same guy wearing the same outfit..must be like Troy and his lucky shirt!

Old Post 07-31-2012 06:51 PM
Chris McCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris McCrary Click here to Send Chris McCrary a Private Message Find more posts by Chris McCrary Add Chris McCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bcboy081
Eastern Diamondback rattlesnakes don't live in Virginia where this snake was supposed to be killed
You are correct on that. Only rattlers in the State of Virginia is the Cane-break rattler.And they are mostly found around here where I live & around some of the Dismal Swamp.And they DO git big.Biggest one I've seen,was a 51/2 footer with 12 rattles and a button.There is a country store up the road with a showcase of rattles off of rattlers killed locally.The biggest one has 17 rattles on it,but doesn't say how big the snake was.I'd hate to come face to face with that sucker while coonhuntin'.
Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 07-31-2012 08:31 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bcboy081
UKC Forum Member

Where i live in Virginia we have Timber rattlesnakes which are found in most areas in Virginia

Old Post 08-01-2012 01:06 AM
cliffhanger
UKC Forum Member

yeah I got the same pic text a few years ago, its a eastern diamond back non in Va. Canebrake rattlers in the south eastern part of the state, and the western VA mountains are full of timber rattlers

Old Post 08-10-2012 04:33 AM
cliffhanger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliffhanger Click here to Send cliffhanger a Private Message Click Here to Email cliffhanger Find more posts by cliffhanger Add cliffhanger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ldt77
UKC Forum Member

got one here a few years back that was 5' 10'' i stepped within one foot of it. it never moved till i took 5 or 6 steps and my brother hit the bushes with a stick. i almost peed myself lol

Not telling the whole truth is the same as telling a lie.
You get what you pay for.

Old Post 08-13-2012 08:59 PM
ldt77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ldt77 Click here to Send ldt77 a Private Message Click Here to Email ldt77 Find more posts by ldt77 Add ldt77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote