UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Michigans swamp rooster redtick??
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coonhunterms
UKC Forum Member

Michigans swamp rooster redtick??

A buddy of mine wanted me to post this ad for him to see if anyone knew of this dog and if there are any puppies out there out of him. Any help would be appraciated. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-25-2003 06:40 PM
coonhunterms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunterms Click here to Send coonhunterms a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunterms Find more posts by coonhunterms Add coonhunterms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunterms
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 09-25-2003 08:19 PM
coonhunterms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunterms Click here to Send coonhunterms a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunterms Find more posts by coonhunterms Add coonhunterms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bear
UKC Forum Member

are you kidding???

Old Post 09-25-2003 09:06 PM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Click Here to Email Bear Find more posts by Bear Add Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hardwoodrunner
UKC Forum Member

You got to be kidding? Yes I know where there are some grand daughters of his , they are 3 months old and SS paid up in PKC
Send me an email at hardwoodrunner@yahoo.com and I will tell you about them.

Old Post 09-25-2003 09:31 PM
hardwoodrunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hardwoodrunner Click here to Send hardwoodrunner a Private Message Click Here to Email hardwoodrunner Find more posts by hardwoodrunner Add hardwoodrunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunterms
UKC Forum Member

why

why did both of you ask me if I were kidding about this dog. Tell me about him because I have no clue.

Old Post 09-25-2003 10:21 PM
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Michigan Swamp Rooster is one of,if not the best known English stud dog of all time. Some would argue the best reproducing of all time,some would argue against that.There is over 3100 pups on the ground out of Rooster.I don't think any other english stud dog comes close to that many pups produced.
I think he is still producing pups and in my opinion a pup off of him and the right female would be worth having.
I hope that info fills you in some on Rooster.

Old Post 09-25-2003 10:27 PM
Rusty Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty Johnson Click here to Send Rusty Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Rusty Johnson Find more posts by Rusty Johnson Add Rusty Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bear
UKC Forum Member

3157 pups produced 67 grnites , 119 nitech , 95 show ch, 4 gr field ch ,2 fd ch ,5 gr w ,ch 2 wch

Old Post 09-25-2003 10:28 PM
Bear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bear Click here to Send Bear a Private Message Click Here to Email Bear Find more posts by Bear Add Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Mims
UKC Forum Member

The reason they asked if you were kidding is because he is the greatest reprodcing English in history (percentage wise). He has around 3500 pups on the ground. It is not hard at all to find direct sons and daughters of him. I don't beleive they were trying to be smart, but he is kinda like the Lipper of English dogs.

Old Post 09-25-2003 10:29 PM
Adam Mims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Mims Click here to Send Adam Mims a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Mims Find more posts by Adam Mims Add Adam Mims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Mims
UKC Forum Member

He has gone sterile, but is still alive.

Old Post 09-25-2003 10:30 PM
Adam Mims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Mims Click here to Send Adam Mims a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Mims Find more posts by Adam Mims Add Adam Mims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

Swamp Rooster

A weathy fellow spent over $1000 a month advertising him. I wonder how many of the folks who hunted pups out of him ever hunted with him or saw a video of him treeing coon? Very few, I would bet. I saw one time where a magazine did a interview with his former owner as if he was a top breeder of English Coonhounds. Where was this very wealthy guy before he was spending all of this money advertising in the same magazine and and where is the same fellow now? I think alot of long time successful English breeders have been overlooked while this fellow just spent alot of money and not much else got credit for being a succesful breeder. I know some folks are going to say I am jealous but I would rather see some hardworking long time breeder get recognition over some flash in the pan guy who wouldn't know a good English if one bit his behind. I wonder how many Swamp Rooster dogs could also point birds?

Old Post 09-26-2003 12:54 AM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Redtick I was wondering when you would find this post. You did exactly what I thought you would do. You are getting to predictable for your own good.

"Coon Eyes Matter"
Boss Lights
San Mateo, Fl

Old Post 09-26-2003 01:53 AM
Bruce Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Conkey Click here to Send Bruce Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Conkey Find more posts by Bruce Conkey Add Bruce Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Dave,
I know you don't like Rooster at all. Is it because a man who could afford to run the ads owned him,or do you just not like Rooster?
I know a lot of people don't like a certain dog just because of who owns it and your in that situation now.Thats not a put down from me towards you and your dogs and you can beleive that or tell me i'm full of you know what,but i've heard several people say they like your dogs bloodlines,but wouldn't own any of your stuff just because of you.

Old Post 09-26-2003 01:57 AM
Rusty Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty Johnson Click here to Send Rusty Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Rusty Johnson Find more posts by Rusty Johnson Add Rusty Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Houndster
UKC Forum Member

Lets do the math.

3100 pups on the ground, at the very least 4 times as many grand pups, hmmmm Dave you prolly just offended upwards of 10,000 people that has Rooster in there dogs, with that pointer remark....LMAO Now is that anyway to matain your UKC Good Guy status? Your not being very helpful.

http://flameNenglish.homestead.com/flameNenglish.html

Home of
GRCH NITECH 'PR' Roper Hill's Smooth Cotton
CH NiteCH 'PR' Roper Hill's Midnite Jenny
'PR' Roper Hills Polly Ester

205-281-6364
205-655-4754
email: jlandrl2@aol.com

Old Post 09-26-2003 02:23 AM
Houndster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Houndster Click here to Send Houndster a Private Message Click Here to Email Houndster Find more posts by Houndster Add Houndster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Stein
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, watch out his posse will be all over you, he never bashes, is so helpful........etc, etc.

This is pretty sad he just continues to get away with this stuff.

Old Post 09-26-2003 03:45 AM
Ray Stein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Stein Click here to Send Ray Stein a Private Message Click Here to Email Ray Stein Find more posts by Ray Stein Add Ray Stein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coonhusker
UKC Forum Member

Not that I'm agreeing but...

I think having money to advertise and hunt for a living does influence these numbers. If I had the money to be a profesional hunter/breeder, I think all my dogs would have better titles. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against someone that works hard to make a living at doing this, but if I had alot of money I would sure try to make my mark in the coonhunting business. It just seems to me that there is alot of high quality hounds out their that never get in the limelight because of money. Most of the people I hunt with are doing good just to afford a quality hound, let alone hunt it for $20 every Friday and Saturday night. If you take these hounds out the equasion, these numbers would be alot different. Don't get me wrong though what this hound has achived is spectaculor, regardless of handler/owner.

Old Post 09-26-2003 05:03 AM
Coonhusker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coonhusker Click here to Send Coonhusker a Private Message Click Here to Email Coonhusker Find more posts by Coonhusker Add Coonhusker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

I run some ads. Look in the upcoming Coonhound Bloodlines and December's American Cooner. But, I also give every pup or stud fee buyer video tape of Little Bam treeing coon by himself and with other dogs. Also included is 4 other Grand Nite Champion brothers and sister treeing coon from strike to the tree so everyone can see that it is the family of dogs, not just 1 dog. Swamp Rooster was just hype and alot of folks bought it, plain and simple. Look at the number of folks that bought the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" B.S..
Houndster, if there is some way to prove it, I would bet that there is some bird dog in there just like there are some blueticks who have been proven not to be out of Spanky. Pedigrees are not always correct. There, I have lost my good guy status as far as UKC is concerned. I want those guys that are smart enough to keep the Swamp Rooster out of their dogs, not the ones that are not.
Bruce, I saw this thread from day 1. You wouldn't be striring the pot by using another user name would you? Pulling on Old Redtick's chain wouldn't be nice.

Old Post 09-26-2003 01:06 PM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

coonhunterms

I own dogs that have Rooster blood and I also own dogs that carry the blood that Redtick hunts.

Do I like them both? YES

Can Dave prove his bloodlines have no birddog, shepard, foxhound, etc.?? NO

Are people happy with their Rooster dogs, winning hunts, shows, swim races, and trials, pleasure hunting? YES

Have a lot of other lines or breeds been accused of having mixed blood? YES

Has Rooster crossed well on a lot of other lines? YES

Did Wyatts money effect the ability to get the word out.YES

Just because someone has the money to advertise a dog doesn't mean the dog can't produce. No difference Dave pushing his video's all the time, what's the difference, both trying to get the word out. If you don't go and try out a dog or get the facts before you breed that's your fault. Can videos be cut, edited, coon released ahead of time, of course, but am I accusing Dave of "setting up" his videos. NO

Don't let the "experts" discourage you from asking questions and knock you for not knowing who Rooster is, we all start somewhere. Dave has a lot of knowledge of dogs as do many others on here, I have asked MANY questions of Dave and others on this board. If you want info on Rooster I have two really good articles on Rooster with all his history and a nice picture of him when he was still located in Michigan. Good luck and keep asking questions.

ps.....I have dogs with both Daves breeding crossed on Rooster in em, that Rooster sure puts the track and tree in them, my double bred Rooster female Kate can really find those layups!

Good luck!

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 09-26-2003 01:41 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Whats the big deal on if anybodies hunted with Rooster? When you buy a pup or stud fee from Rooster,your not buying Rooster.Your buying what he reproduces and i'd say from all the gr.nt's. and nt.ch's. he has reproduced.Surley all them dogs are not hype.
I've hunted with Dave while he was filming and I know that those nights,nothing was set up,but I know stuff was edited that he didn't want folks to see.I remember that the first thing he told me was that if a dog does something wrong that he does not put that on tape because he didn't want to embarass anybody.(hmmm....anybody or himself?) I remember him having that shocking unit out with that great big tall antenna trying to burn that Pepper dog that he told me he thought was running fast game.(hmmm...I thought these dogs was naturally straight)
Yes,he'll get on here and tell how he has video of my dog doing stuff wrong too,and he's right.My dog did make mistakes,they all do.That doesn't embarrass me,thats just part of the game.Why cut it out and not show it,thats part of hunting.(hmmmm.....that might ruin part of the hype that these dogs on tape are SIMPLY THE BEST!)
Bottom line on all these stud dogs.They throw good ones and they all throw bad ones.Some are gonna like certain bloodlines,some are not.You like what you feed,they like what they feed,and everybody is happy.
HAVE A GREAT DAY FELLOW HUNTERS!!

Old Post 09-26-2003 02:00 PM
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Right On, Rusty

I agree completely! We English Breeders need to stick together!

We all have faults, our dogs all have faults! When we knock others on a public board we hurt our organization and all coonhunter/owners as a whole.

Rusty did I see somewhere you like to hunt Whitetails??? That's another sport VERY dear to my heart!!!

Everybody have a GREAT weekend! We have been in the 40's last couple nights and RUNNIN HAS BEEN VERY GOOD!!!! Almost had to put a sweatshirt on under my bibs last night! LOL!!

Good Luck!

Past Home of:

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 09-26-2003 02:43 PM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Doug,
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO BOW HUNT WHITETAILS!!!
In fact,if the wife said either pick deerhunting or coonhunting....well,i'd have some dogs for sale. Don't get me wrong.I really like coonhunting,but for me bowhunting beats it out by a slim margin. Oct.1 our season opens and i'm pumped and ready.
Visit my site and on page 3 you can see a couple of the deer i've got lucky with.
If you ever get to IL. and want to chase a deer give me a holler and we'll go.

Old Post 09-26-2003 02:58 PM
Jim Fraze
UKC Forum Member

This is the kind of crap that Redtick always comes up with. The man is extremely jealous because Wyatt Wright had money and he puts down the Rooster line at every opportunity. He always talks about people ganging up on him and bashing his dogs but in reality it's him that does the bashing of any strain other than his own. I have never bashed Dave's dogs but I'll tell you straight up front that the man is a bona-fide idiot that thinks any strain of dogs other than his is no good. He's always nice and helpful in the beginning but that is just a ploy of his to try to sell you a pup. Tell him you hunt another strain of dogs than what he hunts and see how fast he turns on you. The man has done more to cause dissention among English breeders than anyone alive.

Old Post 09-26-2003 03:19 PM
Jim Fraze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Fraze Click here to Send Jim Fraze a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Fraze Find more posts by Jim Fraze Add Jim Fraze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

Well Sir

Ditto for me, I LOVE hunting Whitetails with a bow and slug gun!

But it would be REAL HARD to give up my dogs!! I'll check out your site, I am pumped too, our bow season opens Oct. 15, this cool weather and leaves starting to turn got me really anticipating gettin in a tree stand. Your state is known for big bucks, I watch all the whitetail shows I can on the Outdoor Channel and Illinois is mentioned a lot!! I will definitely take you up on that offer in the future!!! I have only been seriously hunting deer with a bow for about ten years and taken three bucks and four does with a bow in that timeframe, so I have been very lucky. Good luck hope ya stick a big ole non-typical wallhanger!!!

ps....also a friend of mine trials beagles, he can't work anymore has a nerve disease, sometimes hard to walk a long ways. Sad thing is he is only 38 yrs' old, hunted all his life a real NY redneck. Well he can't hunt all his dogs so lending me one of his females for rabbitt season so I am real excited about that, got rabbitts all over my property this year! Good luck Rusty!

Past Home of:

Current

Old Post 09-26-2003 03:26 PM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I have hunted with Rooster

It was many years ago. On a early competition hunt in Michigan during the month of February. The snow was deep; it was bitter cold; and the wind was blowing hard.

I saw Rooster do a good job and tree coons on the outside. He was a coon dog make no mistake. I don't remember if he ended up winning the cast or not, but I do remember it was a close cast between two nice hounds.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 09-26-2003 03:39 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Doug,
It would be hard to get rid of my dogs too,but also,I know my wife would never tell me to choose one over the other.I'm very lucky and have a great wife that supports my hunting.
Good luck getting the big boy!

Old Post 09-26-2003 05:48 PM
Dirtdevil
Banned

Redtick buys the dogs he studs out ...he doesn't train them himself.

His dogs all claim fame that other breeders/hunters worked to achieve.

He has half a dozen breeds of dogs ...sure sign of a non-hunting peddler.

Pushes videos so nobody will actually push him to go to the woods with the dogs.

Sucks when your actions are always telling off on you , don't it !!!

Old Post 09-26-2003 07:23 PM
Dirtdevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dirtdevil Click here to Send Dirtdevil a Private Message Find more posts by Dirtdevil Add Dirtdevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote