UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Bear hound guide
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Bear hound guide

Looking for a bear hound guide in west virginia or any hound guide in the surrounding states,went to Maine and wasn't impressed.Could anyone point me in the right direction?Thanks Wayne

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2011 11:25 AM
WWRIDGERUNNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WWRIDGERUNNER Click here to Send WWRIDGERUNNER a Private Message Click Here to Email WWRIDGERUNNER Find more posts by WWRIDGERUNNER Add WWRIDGERUNNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvWalker
UKC Forum Member

WV

I don't know if you paid to be guided in Maine or not, but it's illegal to get paid to guide in WV. So you'll have a little more trouble finding a guide you kinda just have to find names and numbers for people that hunt and see if you can ride along.

Old Post 11-04-2011 01:08 PM
wvWalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvWalker Click here to Send wvWalker a Private Message Click Here to Email wvWalker Find more posts by wvWalker Add wvWalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Sorry didn't know that,thanks for the info.Wayne

Old Post 11-04-2011 02:01 PM
WWRIDGERUNNER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WWRIDGERUNNER Click here to Send WWRIDGERUNNER a Private Message Click Here to Email WWRIDGERUNNER Find more posts by WWRIDGERUNNER Add WWRIDGERUNNER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffdoghunter
UKC Forum Member

Guided hunt in WV

Yea it is illegal to guide a bear hunt in WV. It is also illegal to bait in the state. If you really want a good hunt (meaning the dogs find the track from rig to tree) send me a PM. I will let you tag along with me in December. I hunt mostly by myself or with family members and we don't like to shoot, just run, tree and let them go. But on occassion we take one to reward the dogs.

Old Post 11-04-2011 02:38 PM
jeffdoghunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffdoghunter Click here to Send jeffdoghunter a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffdoghunter Find more posts by jeffdoghunter Add jeffdoghunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ihunt4u
UKC Forum Member

bear hound guide

where in maine did you hunt?

Old Post 11-09-2011 10:10 PM
ihunt4u is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ihunt4u Click here to Send ihunt4u a Private Message Click Here to Email ihunt4u Visit ihunt4u's homepage! Find more posts by ihunt4u Add ihunt4u to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Down east.I would rather not say what guide I went with.

Old Post 11-09-2011 10:16 PM
ihunt4u
UKC Forum Member

bear

i sent you a p.m

Old Post 11-09-2011 10:57 PM
ihunt4u is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ihunt4u Click here to Send ihunt4u a Private Message Click Here to Email ihunt4u Visit ihunt4u's homepage! Find more posts by ihunt4u Add ihunt4u to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvplott
New UKC Forum Member

what guide service did you use in maine?

Old Post 11-18-2011 03:42 AM
wvplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvplott Click here to Send wvplott a Private Message Click Here to Email wvplott Find more posts by wvplott Add wvplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvplott
New UKC Forum Member

try 3 rivers guide service in crystal maine

Old Post 11-18-2011 03:45 AM
wvplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvplott Click here to Send wvplott a Private Message Click Here to Email wvplott Find more posts by wvplott Add wvplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks,I've seen his ads,William landrum runs his hounds for him correct?I was def thinking about giving him a call.thanks for the help Wayne

Old Post 11-18-2011 10:04 AM
landrumkennels
New UKC Forum Member

no. i do not run for him anymore! i will be running for a different outfitter next year u can contact me for more info if needed
William Landrum 1-540-292-7909

Old Post 11-19-2011 12:48 AM
landrumkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for landrumkennels Click here to Send landrumkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email landrumkennels Visit landrumkennels's homepage! Find more posts by landrumkennels Add landrumkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

Thanks William,you and your hounds were the reason I was thinking about that guide.I'll be calling you thanks again Wayne

Old Post 11-19-2011 10:10 AM
ihunt4u
UKC Forum Member

bear hound guide

did you use your own dogs or the outfitters dogs ?

Old Post 11-19-2011 10:55 PM
WWRIDGERUNNER
UKC Forum Member

I used the guides.I emailed you but got no answer.

Old Post 11-20-2011 02:50 AM