UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Guy Ormiston, Don Little and Randy Sexton
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hectorp
New UKC Forum Member

Guy Ormiston, Don Little and Randy Sexton

I am planning to buy some blueticks pups from Guy Ormiston and to know more about his hounds, I was reading another time his past articles from Coonhound Bloodlines.

I have been a suscriber to CB from the year of 99, but I gave to the American School here in town some issues from 99 to 2002. From 2003 to date, I have almost all of them.

Very good articles from Mr. Ormiston and lot of infomation of the Bluetick Breed, genetics, breeding, hide dogs and training.

I have two question not referring to Mr. Ormiston:

1.-What happen to Don Little? He used to write article name "On Breeding and Training" his last article I read in the Sept. 2005 issue, was: You canīt Judge a Hound by its Titles.

2.- What happen to Randy Sexton? He had articles for more than a year "Becoming a World Class Breeder" He raise several Black and Tan hounds and was getting advice from some very knowledgable breeders. His last articule was in April 2006, but I didnīt find he was quiting his project or anything. He just stop writing about his project.

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-14-2011 05:17 PM
hectorp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hectorp Click here to Send hectorp a Private Message Find more posts by hectorp Add hectorp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okietreedog
Banned

if you will search world class breeder I think he is still writing, i think ukc bloodlines closed down the article if memory service me correct.

Adam Davis, owner handler Backwoods Blues
Home of some trashy culls,
it ain't the years it the miles that make me look this way

Old Post 08-14-2011 05:23 PM
okietreedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okietreedog Click here to Send okietreedog a Private Message Click Here to Email okietreedog Find more posts by okietreedog Add okietreedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rrs
UKC Forum Member

Don Little

Don still writes articles for the American Cooner....

Old Post 08-14-2011 05:37 PM
rrs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rrs Click here to Send rrs a Private Message Click Here to Email rrs Find more posts by rrs Add rrs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Re: Guy Ormiston, Don Little and Randy Sexton

quote:
Originally posted by hectorp
I am planning to buy some blueticks pups from Guy Ormiston and to know more about his hounds, I was reading another time his past articles from Coonhound Bloodlines.

I have been a suscriber to CB from the year of 99, but I gave to the American School here in town some issues from 99 to 2002. From 2003 to date, I have almost all of them.

Very good articles from Mr. Ormiston and lot of infomation of the Bluetick Breed, genetics, breeding, hide dogs and training.

I have two question not referring to Mr. Ormiston:

1.-What happen to Don Little? He used to write article name "On Breeding and Training" his last article I read in the Sept. 2005 issue, was: You canīt Judge a Hound by its Titles.

2.- What happen to Randy Sexton? He had articles for more than a year "Becoming a World Class Breeder" He raise several Black and Tan hounds and was getting advice from some very knowledgable breeders. His last articule was in April 2006, but I didnīt find he was quiting his project or anything. He just stop writing about his project.

Thanks

The best way to find out about any man's dogs is to go hunting with them. Be careful paying attention to anyone else's opinion's of someone's dogs. For every honest and true opinion you get on here on the messag board you will get 2 that are due to nothing but jealousy or just downright meaness.

Old Post 08-14-2011 07:00 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

i really respect Don Little

He has a ton of knowledge of breeding hounds and genetics of hounds.
Genetics is the key to great breeding. anybody can just breed two dogs together, but if you do your homework and look at the genetics side of both parents it can save you a lot of money, time, and energy in raising pups.

Where we hunt what we show and show what we hunt.
Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 08-14-2011 08:54 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackwater Pete
UKC Forum Member

Randy failed miserably in the attempt to be a world class breeder

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Old Post 08-14-2011 09:32 PM
Blackwater Pete is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackwater Pete Click here to Send Blackwater Pete a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackwater Pete Find more posts by Blackwater Pete Add Blackwater Pete to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruce hammontre
UKC Forum Member

http://www.worldclassbreeder.com/

Old Post 08-14-2011 09:35 PM
bruce hammontre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruce hammontre Click here to Send bruce hammontre a Private Message Click Here to Email bruce hammontre Find more posts by bruce hammontre Add bruce hammontre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hectorp
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater Pete
Randy failed miserably in the attempt to be a world class breeder

Blackwater Pete, I think you were correct about Randy failing in becoming a world class breeder.

I did try to enter his page and register it was not possible and the page had a picture in 2008 of some Leopard Hound Puppies.

Thanks for the replies.

Old Post 08-27-2011 03:24 AM
hectorp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hectorp Click here to Send hectorp a Private Message Find more posts by hectorp Add hectorp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CountryMile
UKC Forum Member

Hector by any chance did you maybe get a pup from me 6 -8 years ago? It would have been Hammer blooded and replaced a gyp pup that died. Came from Michigan. Dave

Old Post 08-27-2011 12:52 PM
CountryMile is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CountryMile Click here to Send CountryMile a Private Message Click Here to Email CountryMile Find more posts by CountryMile Add CountryMile to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hectorp
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CountryMile
Hector by any chance did you maybe get a pup from me 6 -8 years ago? It would have been Hammer blooded and replaced a gyp pup that died. Came from Michigan. Dave

Dave it wasnīt me. I have bought some dogs in the States but they were from Doug Meyer from Sandpoint, Idaho those were Walkers for Big Game and I also bought some from Chris Todd of Arizona and Mike Leonard of New Mexico, this were from Old Strains for Big Game in the Southwest (Goswick and Jeff Allen Breeding)

This year I am going to try the Blueticks for the first time. From Mr. Guy Ormiston (Oklahoma) and Gary Roberson (Texas)

Saludos

Hector

Old Post 09-08-2011 03:55 AM