UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > **please help with my kennel smell**
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
charlesbarnette
UKC Forum Member

**please help with my kennel smell**

o.k. guys i need some help really bad, my wife and my neighbors are about ready to kill me and my dogs, i live in a subdivision so my yard isn't that big and in my yard is our swimming pool and behind that is my dog kennel, my kennel is built up off the ground about 2 foot, it has 2 x 4's spaced about 1/2" apart for the floor so the poop and pee will fall between them when i wash it out, the only problem is the big pile underneath the kennel, the smell will kill you, you can't stand to sit outside, does anybody have any advise on how to kill that poop smell, i have tried lime and that doesn't work, thanks for any help

After the antichrist, his prophet, and the devil are defeated, Jesus will set up peace on earth. This time period will be 1,000 years which has been called the Millennial Reign of Christ. Jesus will forever rule over the earth with His servants from this point on. Jesus will set up His capital in Jerusalem . It will be a time of unprecedented peace between men and even the animal kingdom.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-02-2011 03:55 AM
charlesbarnette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charlesbarnette Click here to Send charlesbarnette a Private Message Click Here to Email charlesbarnette Find more posts by charlesbarnette Add charlesbarnette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

LOL Clean up the mess, lime it, build a slide under the run that drains into a septic tank. You can use a 55 gal. barrel for a septic tank

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 06-02-2011 04:02 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
LOL Clean up the mess, lime it, build a slide under the run that drains into a septic tank. You can use a 55 gal. barrel for a septic tank
lol ill second that with the clean up part

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 06-02-2011 04:06 AM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Karl Spillane
UKC Forum Member

bleach,lots of it

PKC SCH GR.NT.CH. SKUNA RIVER SISSY (RIP)
Dual Grand Dukates Hillbilly Thunder(RIP)

"IF IT EATS HERE IT DOES WHAT IT WAS BRED TO DO"

252-308-8621

Old Post 06-02-2011 04:21 AM
Karl Spillane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Karl Spillane Click here to Send Karl Spillane a Private Message Click Here to Email Karl Spillane Find more posts by Karl Spillane Add Karl Spillane to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Millwood
UKC Forum Member

I use powder lime

Old Post 06-02-2011 04:27 AM
Jon Millwood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Millwood Click here to Send Jon Millwood a Private Message Find more posts by Jon Millwood Add Jon Millwood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charlesbarnette
UKC Forum Member

i bleach the kennel every saturday and the powdered lime is what i have tried twice, but thanks for the advice

After the antichrist, his prophet, and the devil are defeated, Jesus will set up peace on earth. This time period will be 1,000 years which has been called the Millennial Reign of Christ. Jesus will forever rule over the earth with His servants from this point on. Jesus will set up His capital in Jerusalem . It will be a time of unprecedented peace between men and even the animal kingdom.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Old Post 06-02-2011 05:05 AM
charlesbarnette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charlesbarnette Click here to Send charlesbarnette a Private Message Click Here to Email charlesbarnette Find more posts by charlesbarnette Add charlesbarnette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

you feeding ole roy ????

Old Post 06-02-2011 05:57 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Washing it out is your problem. Mine's like yours except I have 2X4 ripped on 45 degrees and an inch spacing between them and I have another that has hog parler flooring . Either way, they tromple it through and I have never washed it. The poop underneath is dry and after 15 years has only accumulated a foot deep. Also the poop is full of 1/2 inch long mealybug looking things constantly working it. I'll send you some if you want to try it. The only time I smell mine is 2 days after a cold snap when the bugs weren't working.
Technically, you have created anaerobic conditions with a little aerobic crust , the worst condititions for stink. Put a roof on the kennel if you don't have one and fix the floor. To get rid of the smell right now , put a plastic liner in your truck bed and shovel and haul it off or skip the liner and stop by a car wash on the way back. Then lime what you didn't get. If you insist on washing, then build a septic system which is probably illegal, and when it goes to messing up you have real problems.
PS. that kind of system does not work good for a lazy dog. You might have to get a hyper dog to do the trompling to put in with one if that is the case.

Last edited by l.lyle on 06-02-2011 at 10:32 AM

Old Post 06-02-2011 06:10 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason smith
UKC Forum Member

no water

He's right stop washing it and cover it with lime.

Old Post 06-02-2011 02:19 PM
Jason smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason smith Click here to Send Jason smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason smith Visit Jason smith's homepage! Find more posts by Jason smith Add Jason smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skyblu
UKC Forum Member

Clean it up!

Wet POOP is DISGUSTING - just putting lime on it won't solve your problem. With the big "AR" situation we have nationwide, you need to clean it up ASAP before a neighbor sends in Animal Control or the Health Department!
HSUS has published instructions for "Neighborhood pet elimination methods."

Old Post 06-02-2011 03:01 PM
skyblu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skyblu Click here to Send skyblu a Private Message Click Here to Email skyblu Find more posts by skyblu Add skyblu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rough Northern
UKC Forum Member

Tear it down. Pour a concrete slab. Get a small bucket line it with a couple garbage bags. Dispose to crap weekly and spray concrete down with bleach once or twice a week.

It'll be so clean you'll be able to eat off it.

Old Post 06-02-2011 03:22 PM
Rough Northern is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rough Northern Click here to Send Rough Northern a Private Message Find more posts by Rough Northern Add Rough Northern to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

You eat off it. Concrete is the stinkingest thing yet . You'd be better off not to even spray that down. What ya'll need is more land and let nature take care of itself. I ain't scooped poop since I worked for a veterinarian 40 years ago. Concrete looks good to the dog catcher, Lamb and Rice is also a good catch phrase but more popular today is chicken and rice LOL . Of course I would probly pour concrete on top of me heart pine floors if I was trying to raise a bull calf in the house. Do what you got to do I recon to be popular and make everybody HAPPY.

Old Post 06-02-2011 04:00 PM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I use plastic buckets as mentioned above also, 5 gallon with a lid lined with double 8 gallon garbage bags .Throw it out with trash weekly .In between if odors arise Odor Mute or Kennel Guard has worked for me for the urine smell.The constant wetting down is part of your problem also as mentioned already.

Old Post 06-02-2011 04:12 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roughcreek
UKC Forum Member

a great neighber !!

i had to come back & read this 4 times & i realized this was not a joke post. lets see, i live in a subdivion !! my neighbers are complaining !! my wife is complaining !! i caint stand to sit out in my yard for the smell !!

GEEWIZ WALLY, WHAT AM I GONA DO ?????

I COULD CLEAN UP THE STINKING MESS !!
NO LETS THINK ABOUT THIS !!
I COULD JUST MAKE EVERYBODYS LIFE MISERABLE !!
I COULD THROW LIME ON IT & HOPE IT GOES AWAY !!
I COULD JUST LIVE MY NASTY A$$ IN IT TILL MY NEIGHBERS HAVE HAD ENOUGH & CALL THE LAW !!

GEEWIZ WALLY, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO !!

270 524 3585

HOME OF
ntchgrch.rough creek easys ragin cole HTX (co owner david miller)
grntchch.rough creek getto queen
ntchch.rough creek bumble bea (co owner jamie swann)
pr.rough creek special ed (walker dog)

PAST HOME OF
ntch.rough creek easy ace
grntchgrch.rough creek easys thunderstick HTX
grntchgrch.rough creek little ann
grntchgrch.hurikane creek uglystick
grntchgrch.rough creek double shot
grntchgrch.rough creek easys big timber
grntchgrch.rough creek little zipper
grntchgrch.puke box annie
grntchgrch.shaker hill sho gun
grntchgrch.mogan ridge rough creek dolly
ntchch.rough creek smokin spazz
ntch.rough creek black satin
ntch.diblings northern grace

Old Post 06-02-2011 06:35 PM
roughcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roughcreek Click here to Send roughcreek a Private Message Find more posts by roughcreek Add roughcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

now thats funny right there beave LOL clean it up use contractor garbage bags too start from the sounds of the amount. lime it afterwards and cleanup every day or so. QUIT WATERING IT

Old Post 06-02-2011 07:59 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbcoonskinner
UKC Forum Member

start you some corn meal worms and dump them on the crap and quit adding water to pile. lime real good after every rain will help some.How is your fly situation?

Home of:
Red Eagle Chief

Old Post 06-02-2011 08:26 PM
cbcoonskinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbcoonskinner Click here to Send cbcoonskinner a Private Message Click Here to Email cbcoonskinner Visit cbcoonskinner's homepage! Find more posts by cbcoonskinner Add cbcoonskinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lakeland Kennel
Banned

The simple, cheap solution is to spread plenty of garden lime. It costs about $3 a 50# bag, a little more for pelletized lime. Just spread it around the entire kennel area. It will kill most of the odors and is 100% safe. Be sure to use garden lime.

LAKELAND KENNELS
PKC Sq Ch Lakeland's Mini Mouse
SqCh Lakeland's Goldie
SqCh Lakeland's Kate
GrCh HBCh Lakeland's Cricket II

Old Post 06-02-2011 09:53 PM
Lakeland Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lakeland Kennel Click here to Send Lakeland Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Lakeland Kennel Find more posts by Lakeland Kennel Add Lakeland Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Clean it daily and bleach it first and then keep lime on it for the poop smell a lot of time the urine soaks in the woods and smells terrible on a humid day so keep it hose off and bleach first then you can pour some vinegar and mr clean cleaning solution on the wood. Do that the first time and make it a severe cleaning and then for real if you clean everyday it doesn't take long and you can control most of the odors with lime. But you got to get it cleaned first.also hunting the dogs every nite will help cause they clean out in the woods and won't need to in the kennel

Old Post 06-02-2011 10:35 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

Do you smell your own poop? Do you poop in the house? Ever wondered why you don't smell your own poop in your house? It goes in a sewer or septic tank. Put the dogs in one and you will never smell it either. Pretty simple, just put a slide under your dog run and wash it down the slide into a pipe that has been cut in half. Tie the pipe to a septic tank of some kind and you won't smell it again. Put yeast in the septic once a month and a 55 gallon barrel will last 4 dogs a long time.

Oh yea you will need a stick or two of lateral line comeing out the other side of the septic tank to give the water a place to go. That stays under ground and makes your garden grow.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Last edited by Okie Dawg on 06-03-2011 at 01:47 AM

Old Post 06-03-2011 01:45 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charlesbarnette
UKC Forum Member

Re: a great neighber !!

quote:
Originally posted by roughcreek
i had to come back & read this 4 times & i realized this was not a joke post. lets see, i live in a subdivion !! my neighbers are complaining !! my wife is complaining !! i caint stand to sit out in my yard for the smell !!

GEEWIZ WALLY, WHAT AM I GONA DO ?????

NO LETS THINK ABOUT THIS !!
I COULD JUST MAKE EVERYBODYS LIFE MISERABLE !!
I COULD THROW LIME ON IT & HOPE IT GOES AWAY !!
I COULD JUST LIVE MY NASTY A$$ IN IT TILL MY NEIGHBERS HAVE HAD ENOUGH & CALL THE LAW !!

GEEWIZ WALLY, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO !!

you know thats what stinks about this site, if somebody has a problem that they would like some advice on, somebody always thinks there a comedian, i'll be willing to bet you that my kennel is probaly nicer than your trailer, i do live in a nice subdivision, have great neighbors and thats why i'm trying to find a soultion, i'm sure that the people in your trailer park don't mind your dogs because their probaly use to it, but mines not, so if all you can do is make negitive post just have your internet turned off and get your own cable tv instead of stealing it from your neighbors and as far as this slide people keeps talking about i don't fully understand, my kennel is two runs that are a total of 10' wide and is 16' long, the dog houses are made onto the back of the kennel and it does have a metal roof, i will try this slide if someone can explain a little better, i've never seen one

Last edited by charlesbarnette on 06-03-2011 at 02:11 AM

Old Post 06-03-2011 02:07 AM
Kris Cisna
UKC Forum Member

When I lived in the big city I scooped and threw it in the city issued trash can. I now live in a small town and we can burn. I scoop and burn. I use Lime to help the piss smell and things are good... oh except for when I clean a turtle and forget to throw the left overs away LMAO!! The wife is still complaining about that one!

Old Post 06-03-2011 03:25 AM
Kris Cisna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kris Cisna Click here to Send Kris Cisna a Private Message Click Here to Email Kris Cisna Find more posts by Kris Cisna Add Kris Cisna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ladycoonhuntr
UKC Forum Member

they are are right ... ou are first gonna have to clean it all out...and let it dry out....

after that for the urine smell you can try Sweet PDZ for horses. It works quite well.

CH Hayseed's Sweet Talkin Sadie
Steele Farm Marly
Steele Farm Tucker

PR Mitchell's Whiskey In a Jar
May 14,2006 - Feb 13,2010

Old Post 06-03-2011 03:33 AM
ladycoonhuntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ladycoonhuntr Click here to Send ladycoonhuntr a Private Message Find more posts by ladycoonhuntr Add ladycoonhuntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redoak Redbones
UKC Forum Member

smell

my dogs have indoor outdoor pens and i found that the kennel always smelled bad so i had a brain wave to put oil dry down on the floor of my pens inside and out and it works very well the dog dirt dont get stuck down on hot days and the inside smells clean

PR Redoak DW Swamp Doctor Silas

Old Post 06-03-2011 03:37 AM
Redoak Redbones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redoak Redbones Click here to Send Redoak Redbones a Private Message Click Here to Email Redoak Redbones Find more posts by Redoak Redbones Add Redoak Redbones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OhioHideHunter
UKC Forum Member

LOL, I think Id go look at Roughcreeks place before I called him trailer trash, alot of people would die for his place,

Old Post 06-03-2011 04:04 AM
OhioHideHunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OhioHideHunter Click here to Send OhioHideHunter a Private Message Find more posts by OhioHideHunter Add OhioHideHunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charlesbarnette
UKC Forum Member

thought i was doing a good thing by building my kennel off the ground, guess i should have thought about what to do with all the poop, lets say that i clean it out then sprinkle lime down and keep it raked out, do you think it will work, i know it can't hurt and has to be better than it is now, but i don't want to smell any poop and can i wash it out

Old Post 06-03-2011 04:08 AM