UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UKC Forum Member

I guess Loyd forgot about Robert and Ira crossing Goldie on streak and running ads on the pups in the yearbooks. You know streak had a set of pearly white ksba papers just like any other kemmer registered dawg.

Loyd, you should have got one of those pups from robert...they made pretty good dawgs.

I had a finished kemmer dawg about 20 years ago....have some now too....I really like kemmer stock mountain curs and have been pleased with their hunting abilities throughout. However, I cannot treat folks the way some of the leadership of the ksba has in the past. Jason Bickford was the ring leader in dealing out misery to alot of the kemmer membership, including me. His lies cost the association alot of members and the respect that it use to have in the mtn cur world.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-16-2010 01:42 AM
TOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOP Click here to Send TOP a Private Message Click Here to Email TOP Find more posts by TOP Add TOP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feist
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by TOP
I guess Loyd forgot about Robert and Ira crossing Goldie on streak and running ads on the pups in the yearbooks. You know streak had a set of pearly white ksba papers just like any other kemmer registered dawg.

Loyd, you should have got one of those pups from robert...they made pretty good dawgs.

I had a finished kemmer dawg about 20 years ago....have some now too....I really like kemmer stock mountain curs and have been pleased with their hunting abilities throughout. However, I cannot treat folks the way some of the leadership of the ksba has in the past. Jason Bickford was the ring leader in dealing out misery to alot of the kemmer membership, including me. His lies cost the association alot of members and the respect that it use to have in the mtn cur world.

Streak's sire South's Baldie was used by Bill Barger, Robert Kemmer, & Carl Smith back in the day. Barger & Smith still have good lines going today. Robert Kemmer's not hunting and relying on others for feedback on his crosses cost him over the years.

Old Post 11-16-2010 02:45 AM
Feist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feist Click here to Send Feist a Private Message Find more posts by Feist Add Feist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Feist
Streak's sire South's Baldie was used by Bill Barger, Robert Kemmer, & Carl Smith back in the day. Barger & Smith still have good lines going today. Robert Kemmer's not hunting and relying on others for feedback on his crosses cost him over the years.

Exactly, because he surrounded himself with "yes" men. So they told him everything worked weather it did or not. I have no doubt he had a good dog every once in a while. But it wasn't from excellent breeding, more like blind luck.

Of course you could go back and look at the papers and look at all the HOF dogs and say well there were some good dogs in their background. But when you control what gets in there and the number of pups one pops out overrides one's performance in the woods and in comp. that really isn't an accurate measure is it?

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 11-16-2010 03:01 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feist
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
Exactly, because he surrounded himself with "yes" men. So they told him everything worked weather it did or not. I have no doubt he had a good dog every once in a while. But it wasn't from excellent breeding, more like blind luck.

Of course you could go back and look at the papers and look at all the HOF dogs and say well there were some good dogs in their background. But when you control what gets in there and the number of pups one pops out overrides one's performance in the woods and in comp. that really isn't an accurate measure is it?

Exactly!

Old Post 11-16-2010 04:37 AM
Feist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feist Click here to Send Feist a Private Message Find more posts by Feist Add Feist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ericsplls
New UKC Forum Member

I think the outcrosses have been a problem since they have been registering feists/curs. There will allways be someone trying to breed a hound with short ears and a bark instead of a bawl. It's not just kemmer curs but walcurs and pointcurs. Mr Kemmer has bred some outstanding dogs but I believe there are better kemmers out there than the ones that the man their named after is currently breeding. Even relying on honest feedback from customers leaves a big void in a breeding program. The statements that he knows his dogs so good he can look at a dog in a pen and visualize it's potiential are either fool hearted or just plain kemmer envy. I seriously doubt the man raises a female for a year breeds them then wait two years to see how those dogs turned out before making that cross again. No disrespect to mr kemmer I spoke with him several years ago and do believe he thinks he's doing the right thing but it's probably time he found the right person to carry on what he started years ago while there may be something worth salvaging in his kennels.

Old Post 11-16-2010 05:52 AM
ericsplls is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ericsplls Click here to Send ericsplls a Private Message Click Here to Email ericsplls Find more posts by ericsplls Add ericsplls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
donnybennett
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TURBO DOG
Tim I like the way you major in the minors and minor in the majors! This little episode was back in 2005 and has been dealt with as has been a lot of other issues! There will always be some folks that try to destroy a breed of dog for whatever reasons!! You should know that very well! That is why I appreciate folks trying to preserve a particular breed of dogs, including you even though we are at odds on other issues. I have seen a lot of things first hand in the cur dog world, more specifically the mtn cur world. I am where I am at today because I know that the DEDICATED breeders are preserving a line of dogs that our founders thought worthy of saving and the Kemmer Stock Mtn Curs do not take a back seat to any other breed of cur dogs so why change.

The KABA is doing well and more determined than ever to preserve the 100% foundaion stock of dog that Robert Kemmer developed.

I appreciate your concerns but rest assure that the KSBA in on track and our directional compass is set for the task at hand of preserving these Kemmer dogs.

Hope you have a good weekend!!

lmao... THE ONLY REASON YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE TODAY CHARLES IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE CHROME PLATED KNEE PADS AND LIE LIKE THE REST OF THEM. JUST LIKE I COULD NOT GET A STRAIT ANSWER ON THE DOG I USED TO OWN REGARDING HIS PAPERS. AND AS FOR YOU SAYING ON OTHER BOARDS THE TRASH WAS TAKING OUT OF THE KSBA HECK YOUR STILL IN THE KSBA

Old Post 11-20-2010 09:15 PM
donnybennett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for donnybennett Click here to Send donnybennett a Private Message Find more posts by donnybennett Add donnybennett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

LOL

Old Post 04-20-2013 05:22 AM
TOP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOP Click here to Send TOP a Private Message Click Here to Email TOP Find more posts by TOP Add TOP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Top you dug up an oldie, that was when ole twolips was FDM.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 04-20-2013 02:19 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TURBO DOG
UKC Forum Member

AWE!!!!.....

........The good ole days!

LOL!!!!

I think Todd is infactuated with fdm's historical 'cut and paste' methodology of plagiarism!

http://treeprokennels.webs.com/

"TREE DOGS ARE BORN NOT MADE"

Old Post 04-20-2013 06:44 PM
TURBO DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TURBO DOG Click here to Send TURBO DOG a Private Message Click Here to Email TURBO DOG Visit TURBO DOG's homepage! Find more posts by TURBO DOG Add TURBO DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UKC Forum Member

Re: AWE!!!!.....

quote:
Originally posted by TURBO DOG
........The good ole days!

LOL!!!!

I think Todd is infactuated with fdm's historical 'cut and paste' methodology of plagiarism!

it was crazy.....wasn't it...ha ha

this old thread came up in a search.....had forgotten about it....

Old Post 04-21-2013 11:27 PM