UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Plans to build a show bench????
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Perry Fraze
UKC Forum Member

Plans to build a show bench????

My 7 and 4 year old daughters have decided they want to start showing coon hounds. I have always just hunted them, never shown one in my life. Wondered if anyone had any good plans on how to build a show bench.
Also, any tips you can give me one training a dog to stand on the bench would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-26-2010 03:18 AM
Perry Fraze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Perry Fraze Click here to Send Perry Fraze a Private Message Click Here to Email Perry Fraze Find more posts by Perry Fraze Add Perry Fraze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jabrown
UKC Forum Member

Can't help you with tips on how to train a dog on the bench, but here are the dimensions out of the rule book, which you can find on the UKC website, and you can also find a lot of tips on how to train a dog to stand on a bench and how to build a bench by using the search option on the tool bar at the top right of the page. Good luck and God bless you and your daughters.

The bench on which the dogs shall be shown must be two (2) feet high and eighteen (18) inches wide with the top covered with indoor/outdoor carpeting or some similar non-slip surface. Individual benches of a minimum length of 44 inches are recommended.

Joshua 24:15

Josh Brown
The Barber Shop
Cuba, MO
573-205-1391

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-26-2010 03:37 AM
jabrown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jabrown Click here to Send jabrown a Private Message Click Here to Email jabrown Find more posts by jabrown Add jabrown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote