UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > valbazen
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
coonin77
UKC Forum Member

valbazen

does any1 use this wormer its got albendazole in it if so how much do u use per puond of dog? its sold as a cattle wormer

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2010 09:19 PM
coonin77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonin77 Click here to Send coonin77 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonin77 Find more posts by coonin77 Add coonin77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey_Lee
UKC Forum Member

1cc per 10lbs for 3 days. If it's the same stuff I get it should be white and thin like milk. I only dose mine with it every other month, but I use another wormer 1 time a month that my vet mixes up for me.

Last edited by Casey_Lee on 03-09-2010 at 09:36 PM

Old Post 03-09-2010 09:26 PM
Casey_Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey_Lee Click here to Send Casey_Lee a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey_Lee Find more posts by Casey_Lee Add Casey_Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

valbazen

do not use on a stud dog or bitch you want to breed in the next 45 days after using

Old Post 03-09-2010 10:23 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishpride
UKC Forum Member

do yourself a favor and get the safeguard liquid wormer it has a picture of a goat on it but it is much better wormer.....

Nite ch Englishprides Carolina Jasmine
Bobby Williams-803-669-7443

Old Post 03-09-2010 11:18 PM
englishpride is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishpride Click here to Send englishpride a Private Message Click Here to Email englishpride Find more posts by englishpride Add englishpride to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonin77
UKC Forum Member

english pride

how much u usa of that per pound of dog?

Old Post 03-10-2010 02:48 AM
coonin77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonin77 Click here to Send coonin77 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonin77 Find more posts by coonin77 Add coonin77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishpride
UKC Forum Member

SAFEGUARD1cc per 5lbs VALBAZEN1CC per 10lbs but the safe guard is much better wormer......

Nite ch Englishprides Carolina Jasmine
Bobby Williams-803-669-7443

Old Post 03-10-2010 04:32 AM
englishpride is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishpride Click here to Send englishpride a Private Message Click Here to Email englishpride Find more posts by englishpride Add englishpride to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonin77
UKC Forum Member

safrgaurd

thanks

Old Post 03-10-2010 09:27 AM
Blue Ice
UKC Forum Member

Valbazen

is good on tape worms Safeguard isn't. I use both.

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Old Post 03-10-2010 11:04 AM
Blue Ice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Ice Click here to Send Blue Ice a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Ice Find more posts by Blue Ice Add Blue Ice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Donaldson
UKC Forum Member

I used to use Valbazen. There were post on here and coondawgs.com made by vets about the possible effects of valbazen on bone marrow suppression. I also found a few articles online stating the the same. I decided that Safeguard was a more effective and safer wormer. If my dogs get tapes which happens about 1 every two years, I go get praziquantel and takes care of them.

Mike Donaldson
donaldsonmb@bellsouth.net

Old Post 03-10-2010 11:49 AM
Mike Donaldson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Donaldson Click here to Send Mike Donaldson a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Donaldson Find more posts by Mike Donaldson Add Mike Donaldson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

I use Valbazen , My vet told me to give 1cc per 10lbs one time...
She said no reason to give 3 times , if you have whips give one shot in 2 weeks down the road.
She is one of the best vets in the area, and said it was the best wormer i could use......

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 03-10-2010 12:28 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonin77
UKC Forum Member

valbazene

is it good 4 everything except hart worms?

Old Post 03-16-2010 12:56 AM
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

caution

valbazen can make males and females sterile for 45 days after worming keep this in mine when doing it

Old Post 03-16-2010 01:29 AM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
glassy mtn eng.
UKC Forum Member

ive used valbazen only for a couple of years now an i love it. best wormer i have ever used. it expells (not prevents) liver flukes,tape worms,stomach worms,intestinal worms,an lung worms. my dogs have not had worms in a long time. i use to use safe guard an ivamec an they dont compare. but thats just my opinion.

HOME OF:
J AN Bs BULLET PROOF MONK AKA KROOK
(2 1STs)

Old Post 03-16-2010 02:07 AM
glassy mtn eng. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for glassy mtn eng. Click here to Send glassy mtn eng. a Private Message Click Here to Email glassy mtn eng. Find more posts by glassy mtn eng. Add glassy mtn eng. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thomas Williams
UKC Forum Member

on my bottle it says for a 50lb sheep give 1.5 ml. a ml and cc are the same. so wouldn't 1 cc(ml) per 10lbs be a little much?

Old Post 03-16-2010 03:38 AM
Thomas Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thomas Williams Click here to Send Thomas Williams a Private Message Find more posts by Thomas Williams Add Thomas Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Thomas , Thats what she told me to use , I asked her two different times...

Old Post 03-16-2010 12:34 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey_Lee
UKC Forum Member

My vet is also a very very respected vet around my area...and that is what the dosage he recommends is. 1cc per 10lbs for 3 days. But I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Old Post 03-16-2010 02:16 PM
Casey_Lee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey_Lee Click here to Send Casey_Lee a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey_Lee Find more posts by Casey_Lee Add Casey_Lee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey_Lee
UKC Forum Member

Re: caution

quote:
Originally posted by patches9452
valbazen can make males and females sterile for 45 days after worming keep this in mine when doing it

I wormed my female, and bred her the next week. First litter she had 10 pups and 2 died, and second litter she had 8 and 1 died. If I see ole momma coming in heat and I want to breed her she gets dosed up right then with wormer and a 7 in 1 shot. Don't know what it does or if it's all in my head, but I believe it makes the puppies heathier if ole momma dog is cleared out of everything when the pups are born. + for the first 6 weeks of their lives they are living off momma's immunites, and I don't want my momma dog giving anything to her pups that may hurt their growth potential.

Last edited by Casey_Lee on 03-16-2010 at 02:34 PM

Old Post 03-16-2010 02:30 PM
WV Frank
New UKC Forum Member

Iverhart Max

This wormer gets it all including Tapeworm. It prevents all infestations except Tapeworm and just kills the tapeworm and bots every month when you give it to them. It is a chewable pill that my hounds love. Virbac makes it.

Old Post 03-16-2010 02:37 PM
WV Frank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WV Frank Click here to Send WV Frank a Private Message Find more posts by WV Frank Add WV Frank to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thomas Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
Thomas , Thats what she told me to use , I asked her two different times...

Ok I was just wandering. I have a buddy that told me to use 1cc per 10lbs. Said he's been doin it for years. Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing. Thanks

Old Post 03-17-2010 02:39 AM
Thomas Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thomas Williams Click here to Send Thomas Williams a Private Message Find more posts by Thomas Williams Add Thomas Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonin77
UKC Forum Member

valbazene

just started using this wormer i was told 2 use 1 cc per 10 pounds . 4 3 days wait . 3 weeks do it again start process over in 3 months?

Old Post 03-17-2010 09:36 AM
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

She said the only reason to use 3 days is if you have infestation of tape worms ....

Old Post 03-17-2010 12:20 PM
Mike Donaldson
UKC Forum Member

Here are several reference on the use of albendazole (valbazen) in dogs. Just throwing this out there for those looking for a wormer and need to know risk involved.

The last poster on this thread, Allen, is a vet who hunts.
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...hlight=valbazen

HunterDVM who posted on the second page of this thread is also a vet that hunts.
http://www.coondawgs.com/forum/view...en&start=15

Here is an internet article. Notice the side effects of albendazole (Valbazen)
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5587754_u...azole-dogs.html

Mike Donaldson
donaldsonmb@bellsouth.net

Old Post 03-17-2010 12:59 PM
Mike Donaldson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Donaldson Click here to Send Mike Donaldson a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Donaldson Find more posts by Mike Donaldson Add Mike Donaldson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey_Lee
UKC Forum Member

I'm extremely happy with the results I have had from valbazen. Yeah it says "side effects this and side effects that"....BUT how many different pills and / or medication do we humans take that has severe side effects to them and nothing happens when you take it????? I will stick with what I know works, and what my vet reccommends for me to use. Which is 1 cc per 10 pounds of Pyrentel Green (His Mixture that gets all worms but tape and serves as heart worm preventative), and every other month 1cc per 10 pounds of Valbazen / Albenzinol (sp??).

Old Post 03-17-2010 02:11 PM