UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > VALBAZEN (wormer)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JeremyBayless
UKC Forum Member

VALBAZEN (wormer)

VALBAZEN (wormer) This stuff is JUNK
I just gave a youth a young dog 11month male in hopes she would make something of the dog Hes been thin since I got him and thought it was just the way he was (never seen any worms)
Well I guess she took him to the vet and he has worms bad I guess Ill be finding something else to worm my dogs with.
This really bothers me because it makes me look like I dont take care of my dogs and if you ask my wife I spend to much time with the dogs in fact I just finished a 3 day worming 2day
Is there something out there that REALLY WORKS Ive used Ivomec too and didnt really care for it either
Like most everyone I dont want to spend a ton of money to worm my dogs if I can help it but I want something that works

(937)214-4725
BIG_Country_kennels@yahoo.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2009 01:58 AM
JeremyBayless is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyBayless Click here to Send JeremyBayless a Private Message Click Here to Email JeremyBayless Find more posts by JeremyBayless Add JeremyBayless to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathan Crump
UKC Forum Member

Why didnt you like Ivomec ? I use it and my dogs are clean of worms when tested.

Old Post 10-23-2009 02:22 AM
Jonathan Crump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan Crump Click here to Send Jonathan Crump a Private Message Click Here to Email Jonathan Crump Find more posts by Jonathan Crump Add Jonathan Crump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

valbazen

how much did you give

Old Post 10-23-2009 02:35 AM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyBayless
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Crump
Why didnt you like Ivomec ? I use it and my dogs are clean of worms when tested.

Never saw worms but had them tested and they were full of them.

(937)214-4725

Old Post 10-23-2009 02:52 AM
JeremyBayless is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyBayless Click here to Send JeremyBayless a Private Message Click Here to Email JeremyBayless Find more posts by JeremyBayless Add JeremyBayless to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyBayless
UKC Forum Member

Re: valbazen

quote:
Originally posted by patches9452
how much did you give

I give 1cc per 10 pounds but 3days in a row most of my dogs are over 50pounds so i usually gave 6cc

(937)214-4725

Old Post 10-23-2009 02:58 AM
Jonathan Crump
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JeremyBayless
Never saw worms but had them tested and they were full of them.

was this with Ivomec or the valbazen ???????????

Old Post 10-23-2009 03:02 AM
Jonathan Crump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan Crump Click here to Send Jonathan Crump a Private Message Click Here to Email Jonathan Crump Find more posts by Jonathan Crump Add Jonathan Crump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

never had a problem with it at all

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 10-23-2009 03:05 AM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dual walkers
UKC Forum Member

wormer

ive used valbazen for years. its good and never had a problem.. i use it on puppies. give little puppies around 2 to 3 cc . use the pills from vet on grown dogs two times a year. in spring and fall it cost 20.00 bucks but well worth it ../ good worming and purina pro plan peformance feed you can hunt and work them all you want and they stay in excellent shape..

CANYON CREEK KENNEL owner Steve Randolph, [home of top hunting and show treeing walker coon-hounds] THE PROUD HOME OF 2007 A.C.H.A. WORLD SHOW CHAMPION /UKC & AKC OPPOSITE SEX WORLD SHOW CHAMPION. 2006 BEST IN SHOW WINNER AT UKC, PREMIER. 2010 NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION WALKER. 2010 OVERALL BROOD FEMALE WINNER.. AT AUTUMN OAKS.. [CCH.GRCH.HILLTOP LITTLE TAMMY]

Old Post 10-23-2009 03:49 AM
dual walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dual walkers Click here to Send dual walkers a Private Message Click Here to Email dual walkers Find more posts by dual walkers Add dual walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyBayless
UKC Forum Member

wormer

Dont quote me on this but I belive a friend of mine also had a problem with VALBAZEN he sold a dog and it was full of wip worms.
I had this problem with the IVOMEC too it wasnt killing the worms
I was giving two full syringes 6cc for dogs that weigh around 45-55 pounds 3 days in a row with both Valbazen and Ivomec

(937)214-4725

Old Post 10-23-2009 04:06 AM
PlottChaser
UKC Forum Member

Re: wormer

quote:
Originally posted by JeremyBayless
I had this problem with the IVOMEC too it wasnt killing the worms
I was giving two full syringes 6cc for dogs that weigh around 45-55 pounds 3 days in a row with both Valbazen and Ivomec

That's a heck of a lot of Ivomec.

Hunting is one of those pleasures that you won't understand if you have to have it explained, which is good because folks who enjoy it can't fully explain why. -Ron Spomer

Old Post 10-23-2009 12:08 PM
PlottChaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlottChaser Click here to Send PlottChaser a Private Message Click Here to Email PlottChaser Find more posts by PlottChaser Add PlottChaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: wormer

quote:
Originally posted by PlottChaser
That's a heck of a lot of Ivomec.
OK, Ivomec won't get whips and it won't get rounds, I don't care how much you give them, volume in wormers isn't the answer. Every wormer is specific for certain worms; take a fresh stool sample to your vet, have them "float" it and buy the wormer specific for the worms he has. Unless you have a serious round worm infestation or tapes you won't see any worms in the stool and when you do the infestation is severe. It sometimes amazes me that hunters will have a dog worth a thousand dollars, a twenty thousand dollar pu to hunt out of, a three hundred dollar light, hundred and fifty dollar boots, etc and won't spend thirty dollars at the vet to keep their hound worm free. Just my opinion. Tom

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll (Qualified 2010 UKC World Hunt)
Dual Ch Bumper ( Qualified 2014 UKC World Hunt}

Old Post 10-23-2009 01:04 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Ice
UKC Forum Member

I have never

had a problem with Valbazen. It has always worked with my hounds. I worm them out once a month 1 cc per 10lbs as you said. My dogs are worm free. Me honestly I like the stuff.

Dalton's Bluetick & English Kennels

At the Foot of The Blue Ridge Mtns.

North Carolina
336-409-0580
Email: terryd4423@hotmail.com

Larry Puckett of Ararat NC(Handler & Good Friend)

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English)

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker)

Our Website below thanks for visting!!!

Dalton's Bluetick & English Kennels

Old Post 10-23-2009 01:26 PM
Blue Ice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Ice Click here to Send Blue Ice a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Ice Find more posts by Blue Ice Add Blue Ice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyBayless
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: wormer

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
OK, Ivomec won't get whips and it won't get rounds, I don't care how much you give them, volume in wormers isn't the answer. Every wormer is specific for certain worms; take a fresh stool sample to your vet, have them "float" it and buy the wormer specific for the worms he has. Unless you have a serious round worm infestation or tapes you won't see any worms in the stool and when you do the infestation is severe. It sometimes amazes me that hunters will have a dog worth a thousand dollars, a twenty thousand dollar pu to hunt out of, a three hundred dollar light, hundred and fifty dollar boots, etc and won't spend thirty dollars at the vet to keep their hound worm free. Just my opinion. Tom

WOOOO
Hang on a second I never said I wouldnt spend the money for the dogs but like most people on here if I can find something that works Ill do it myself. I was just giving heads up about my experance with Valbazen.
Why would anyone spend 50$ to take 1 dog to the vet when he can spend 5-7$ to do it there self COME ON THIS AINT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!
I like to feed my dogs good food too but if I can get it for 15$ a bag why would I spend 20-30$ for a difrent brand just because of the name on the bag.
Theres a big difrence between a Chevy and a CADILAC but they both give the same results they both get you from point A to point B with a 20,000$ difrence thats why I drive a CHEVY not a Cadilac if I had money to spend on a CADILAC I would but I dont

(937)214-4725

Last edited by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 at 04:36 PM

Old Post 10-23-2009 03:55 PM
Jim Hill
UKC Forum Member

are you just using valbazen or are you using ivromic too

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Old Post 10-23-2009 04:16 PM
Jim Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Hill Click here to Send Jim Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Hill Add Jim Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyBayless
UKC Forum Member

wormer

I stoped using Ivomec around a year ago been using Valbazen alone now for awhile now

(937)214-4725

Old Post 10-23-2009 04:27 PM
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

Since you stopped using Ivomec, what do you use for heartworms?

Unfortunately there is not a one size fits all wormer that knocks everything out in just one product.

I use 3 different wormers normally.........Ivomec for heartworms, SafeGuard for regular worms, and then a tapewormer.

CoonDawgs.com - A Site Designed for Coon Hunters

American Houndsmen - Vintage Hound Hunting

CoonDogCemetery.com - Key Underwood Coon Dog Memorial Graveyard

HuntingBassets.com - A Site Dedicated to Hunting with Basset Hounds

Kennels.CoonDawgs.com - Affordable Kennel, Associations, and Supply Websites

Drew "Buckshot" Werndli
Phone [615] 216-5650

Old Post 10-23-2009 04:52 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Visit Buckshot's homepage! Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIG$BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Ivomec should be used as a heart worm treatment ONLY i give it once ever sixty days as far as valbazen it is a good drug it is a good wormer but one must mix it up dont just use it i use atguard hog wormer every other time i once seen a litter of pups cured of parvo with valbazen dont know what is in it but it dang sure cured them two died be for he started treating them but saved the other six

NTCH DUVALL'S BIG MONEY SLIDDER(BuckyXBucky daughter)
Home of those with drive
Speak the truth it will set you free

Old Post 10-23-2009 05:05 PM
BIG$BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG$BLUES Click here to Send BIG$BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BIG$BLUES Find more posts by BIG$BLUES Add BIG$BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

JEREMY-----I have used VALBAZEN for years it has worked for me and is also good for COCCIDIOSIS in pups --the VET MERCK book says to use 1cc per 4.4 lbs. for [3] days in a roll and repeat in [21] days--- you still have to give ivomec either in pill from or liquid for heart worms

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 10-23-2009 05:14 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyBayless
UKC Forum Member

Ivomec

Ive never seen IVOMEC in pill form maybe Im over looking it where you get that at
I tryed the paste and the liquid maybe I got the wrong kind???????????
The Ivomec I got is in a brown box
Ivomec
(ivermectin)
Injection
for cattle and swine
1% sterile solution

(937)214-4725

Old Post 10-23-2009 05:23 PM
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

HeartGuard is the pill version.

CoonDawgs.com - A Site Designed for Coon Hunters

American Houndsmen - Vintage Hound Hunting

CoonDogCemetery.com - Key Underwood Coon Dog Memorial Graveyard

HuntingBassets.com - A Site Dedicated to Hunting with Basset Hounds

Kennels.CoonDawgs.com - Affordable Kennel, Associations, and Supply Websites

Drew "Buckshot" Werndli
Phone [615] 216-5650

Old Post 10-23-2009 05:38 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Visit Buckshot's homepage! Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN THE WOODS
UKC Forum Member

Ivomec....1cc for every 10lbs seems like alot to me! I do a tenth of a cc for every 10lbs of body weight every 30 days in the warmer months back off to 60 days when its cold. Has worked for me combined with other wormers.

Old Post 10-23-2009 08:01 PM
IN THE WOODS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN THE WOODS Click here to Send IN THE WOODS a Private Message Find more posts by IN THE WOODS Add IN THE WOODS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capt_agricultur
UKC Forum Member

Baaaaaa

We use it on our sheep......

Old Post 10-23-2009 08:23 PM
capt_agricultur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for capt_agricultur Click here to Send capt_agricultur a Private Message Click Here to Email capt_agricultur Find more posts by capt_agricultur Add capt_agricultur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
UKC Forum Member

Jeremy.The problem with the Panacur ,Safe Guard and valbazen,etc., is there are two types of tapes.They do not get the most common form.ONLY ONE TYPE.Ivomectin is given at 2 tenths CC for a 50 lb dog for heart wormer.Whips will not show up in a stool normally unless it is a really bad infestation. Then they are so miniscule you won't see them unless you check really hard after the dog goes.Dogs will not keep on weight when they have whips.There is basically nothing over the counter that will get them EXCEPT ivomectin but you need to increase the dosage to 1/2 cc or more.Also once wormed be advised ,If you have your dog tied out DO NOT TIE ANY DOGS THERE AGAIN for at least two years.The only thing thats kills the eggs is sunlight and time. Another thing about the larger ivomectin dosage it will also kill ear mites.I have had limited success for tapes with Happy Jack Tape Wormer but 100 percent success with praziquantel.The best wormer I have used for hooks and rounds is [pyrantel pamoate] aka Strongid Paste.Get it at the farm store in the horse wormer tube and it will last you way longer and cheaper then those little ones they sell for dogs.This is all stuff I have learned from my own personal experience and is first hand knowledge.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
Home of:
NtChGrCh Pr Dryfork Blue Lucky
2009&2013 Pa Show Handler Of The Year
2009&2013 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
GrCh Dryfork A Dog Named Boo
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2012 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 10-24-2009 at 01:30 AM

Old Post 10-24-2009 01:24 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Style

I have spoken with 4 different vets, and I was told that the pill Drontal Plus takes care of everything but heart worms (tapes included) ivermectin takes care of heart worms...

Old Post 10-24-2009 02:40 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote