UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bayer Tree & Shrub
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John M. Horner
UKC Forum Member

Bayer Tree & Shrub

What is the proper dosage and application?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-28-2009 11:35 PM
John M. Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John M. Horner Click here to Send John M. Horner a Private Message Find more posts by John M. Horner Add John M. Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIG$BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Dep on how big your dog is 50 lb dog around 12cc down there back works great for fleas

Old Post 07-28-2009 11:40 PM
BIG$BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIG$BLUES Click here to Send BIG$BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BIG$BLUES Find more posts by BIG$BLUES Add BIG$BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John M. Horner
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 07-29-2009 02:05 AM
John M. Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John M. Horner Click here to Send John M. Horner a Private Message Find more posts by John M. Horner Add John M. Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stone3
UKC Forum Member

fleas

im not sure about the dosage but my buddy tried it and he said it works great!!

Zach Smith
Cell:910 220 6775
Home:910 439 5262

Old Post 07-29-2009 02:09 AM
Stone3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stone3 Click here to Send Stone3 a Private Message Find more posts by Stone3 Add Stone3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joey Donelson
UKC Forum Member

John, I put 18cc on a 70 lb dog & it works for me.

Old Post 07-29-2009 05:13 AM
Joey Donelson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joey Donelson Click here to Send Joey Donelson a Private Message Click Here to Email Joey Donelson Find more posts by Joey Donelson Add Joey Donelson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roosterrun
UKC Forum Member

I have been putting 10cc on a hound and 5cc on pups the size of Beagles.Works pretty good.Does'nt last quite a month but maybe I was'nt using enough.I started out 1cc to 10lbs and found that was'nt working to well so I went to 2cc to 10lbs

Old Post 07-29-2009 05:54 AM
roosterrun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roosterrun Click here to Send roosterrun a Private Message Click Here to Email roosterrun Find more posts by roosterrun Add roosterrun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bubba41034
UKC Forum Member

has anyone used it on bred females

Old Post 07-29-2009 06:37 AM
bubba41034 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bubba41034 Click here to Send bubba41034 a Private Message Click Here to Email bubba41034 Find more posts by bubba41034 Add bubba41034 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAZ
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bubba41034
has anyone used it on bred females

yes I have used it on 8 week pups too. I rub some on belly to. I have had it all over me and never bothered me. But Bio-spot a different story a packet broke in my pocket and my leg burned all night long now i know why the poor dogs would whine and itch after I applied it. Won't use it anymore this stuff is great and not as strong. I apply every 3 weeks. I have reccommended it to several that said frontline quit working and they were surprised when this did work and saved money too. Only thing is they are now selling some with added fertilizer so be careful not to buy that one.

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
www.impressivekennel.com

I an You are highly favored, deeply loved, forever forgiven, greatly blessed!!!! Why? because of Jesus!!!! Whats my job BELIEVE AND RECEIVE IT!!!

Old Post 07-29-2009 07:44 AM
TAZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAZ Click here to Send TAZ a Private Message Click Here to Email TAZ Visit TAZ's homepage! Find more posts by TAZ Add TAZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c.salyers
UKC Forum Member

15cc for 45 to 65 pound dog
turn them over and rub it in from neck to belly
i havent seen a flea in 2 years

N.K.C. Reserve World Ch. Ch.NiteCh Salyers SamHale

Old Post 07-29-2009 09:20 AM
c.salyers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c.salyers Click here to Send c.salyers a Private Message Click Here to Email c.salyers Visit c.salyers's homepage! Find more posts by c.salyers Add c.salyers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stone3
UKC Forum Member

how often do you do it?

Zach Smith
Cell:910 220 6775
Home:910 439 5262

Last edited by Stone3 on 07-29-2009 at 03:50 PM

Old Post 07-29-2009 01:21 PM
Stone3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stone3 Click here to Send Stone3 a Private Message Find more posts by Stone3 Add Stone3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skyblu
UKC Forum Member

BIO SPOT

The last time I used Bio Spot several years ago, my B&Ts lost hair so I bathed them to try & remove any residue. I'll NEVER use Bio Spot again.

Old Post 07-29-2009 03:34 PM
skyblu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skyblu Click here to Send skyblu a Private Message Click Here to Email skyblu Find more posts by skyblu Add skyblu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c.salyers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Stone3
how often do you do it?

you can try it monthly but after a couple of months you wont see anymore fleas

N.K.C. Reserve World Ch. Ch.NiteCh Salyers SamHale

Old Post 07-29-2009 06:27 PM
c.salyers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c.salyers Click here to Send c.salyers a Private Message Click Here to Email c.salyers Visit c.salyers's homepage! Find more posts by c.salyers Add c.salyers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAZ
UKC Forum Member

I have been using the Bayer tree and Shrub since this post first started and seen results within 24 hrs as well as many others i have told, with no side effects. It really works. Now I and others can't find it at our local Walmart or Lowes anymore.

Someone I know contacted the company and they said they are only making the one with the added protect and feed now. That the other after sellling out there will be no more. So if anyone has some located at thier store and will be at AO please let me know I will send you $$ to buy me 2 or 3 quarts.

I have looked on Bayers site and the only thing I can find with the ingredient
Imidacloprid acting alone is the Dual Action Roach Killer Power Pen : which has 2.15% Imidacloprid

While at the vets today I looked at the label of Advantage for dogs and it is at a strength of 9.25 % Imidacloprid. This is 4 times stronger than the pen for one dog.
I know several were complaining that the Frontline isn't working anymore its like the fleas are immune.

So I am thinking maybe the pen will work as did the Tree and Shrub I just don't want to put the added ingredient in the new Tree and Shrub on my dogs.
So if there are any experts on chemicals on here and strengths please post will the pen work or has anyone else found something comparable?
I have also started giving everyone a dose of Vitamin B complex daily was told mosquitos, fleas and ticks won't bite the dogs or humans with B vitamins in their system. Thanks for replies.

www.impressivekennel.com

I an You are highly favored, deeply loved, forever forgiven, greatly blessed!!!! Why? because of Jesus!!!! Whats my job BELIEVE AND RECEIVE IT!!!

Old Post 08-06-2009 07:53 AM
TAZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TAZ Click here to Send TAZ a Private Message Click Here to Email TAZ Visit TAZ's homepage! Find more posts by TAZ Add TAZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by c.salyers
you can try it monthly but after a couple of months you wont see anymore fleas

THATS RIGHT. I DONT USE IT MONTHLY, ONLY IF I HAVE A PROBLEM.

Old Post 08-06-2009 11:04 AM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

i used it last year and put it in a spray bottle and spray their bellies and rub it in. i used it 2-3 times all year and have not used it this year at all. i have also put it in a sprayer and sprayed the yard good.

spraying it worked better than the syringe did for me.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 08-06-2009 05:43 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatcowboy49
UKC Forum Member

Bayers

Bayer Advanced Tree and Shrub: I saw it at Walmart the other day for $18.99. It's a blue bottle, I think a quart.

I have used it for the last 2 years, and still using out of the same bottle, even with all the dogs I have.

I use a syringe (no needle), and stripe it down their backs like you do the Frontline, etc. Use it full strength, do not dilute it. I wear gloves, and rub it in. Some say put it on their bellies, but I don't want them to be able to lick it off. Don't bathe the dogs for 3 days before, or 3 days ofter. Needs the oil in their skin to penetrate, and they say it takes 3 days for it to absorb, but I checked my dogs the next day, and there were no fleas, and they were so full of them, I was embarassed to take them anywhere.

5 ml on dogs 11-20 lbs
10 ml on dogs 20-40 lbs
15 ml on dogs 40-60lbs
20 ml dogs over 70lbs

Good Luck

Old Post 08-07-2009 12:35 AM
fatcowboy49 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatcowboy49 Click here to Send fatcowboy49 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatcowboy49 Find more posts by fatcowboy49 Add fatcowboy49 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbillyhoghnt
UKC Forum Member

if you can't find in the bayer brand at lowes or wal mart go to tsc they have a different brand same thing and a little cheaper in a 40oz. bottle.

Old Post 08-07-2009 12:46 AM
hillbillyhoghnt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbillyhoghnt Click here to Send hillbillyhoghnt a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbillyhoghnt Find more posts by hillbillyhoghnt Add hillbillyhoghnt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TRIPLE"B"KENNEL
UKC Forum Member

FLEAS

WHAT ABOUT INSIDE DOGS? WHAT IS GOOD FOR THEM WITH KIDS AROUND...

BILL LIVENGOOD

HOME OF THE TRASHY DOGS
NITECH. GRCH. 'PR' BILL'S TRASHY BLUE FLAME
GR.NT.CH. 'PR' JAMIE & BILL'S TRASHY AMOS 2011 PERFORMANCE SIRE S.S. STAKE SIRE
'PR' SKYLARS TRASHY LITTLE MOLLIE CO OWNED WITH SKYLAR LIVENGOOD
'PR' BILL'S TRASHY RED VOODOO

Old Post 08-07-2009 06:11 AM
TRIPLE"B"KENNEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TRIPLE"B"KENNEL Click here to Send TRIPLE"B"KENNEL a Private Message Find more posts by TRIPLE"B"KENNEL Add TRIPLE"B"KENNEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

let it dry and you should be ok

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 08-07-2009 10:42 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAZ
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hillbillyhoghnt
if you can't find in the bayer brand at lowes or wal mart go to tsc they have a different brand same thing and a little cheaper in a 40oz. bottle. [/QUOTE

Thanks I will try there in the city. we only have orscheln's here.

www.impressivekennel.com

Old Post 08-08-2009 05:36 AM
Blue Style

how do you know which one your local stores are carrying, the one with or without the added ingredient? How can you tell which it is? Do you guys have any pics of what the old bottle and ingredients were, versus the new stuff?

Old Post 08-08-2009 09:24 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

Matt, the new bottle will say New and improved WITH FERTILIZER.

Old Dominion Tree and Shrub and Gordon's Tree and Shrub (Tractor Supply) is like the original Bayer Tree and Shrub version.

Old Post 08-09-2009 12:24 AM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAZ
UKC Forum Member

thanks Buckshot for the info on off brands. Didn't know about the other 2 til your post. I will look for them around here.

Matt
Here is a link on a discussion board with pictures of the Bayer and the Gordons brand both that I found today while searching for place to buy close.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=328515

www.impressivekennel.com

Old Post 08-09-2009 01:02 AM
Blue Style

thanks guys, I am gonna have to check to see which it is I bought...

Old Post 08-09-2009 02:44 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roosterrun
UKC Forum Member

Will the one with added fertilizer hurt a dog?

Old Post 08-09-2009 06:51 AM
roosterrun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roosterrun Click here to Send roosterrun a Private Message Click Here to Email roosterrun Find more posts by roosterrun Add roosterrun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote