UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Nocturnal Nailer ??
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Paul Jones
UKC Forum Member

Nocturnal Nailer ??

what are his traits accuracy,wide hunter, mouth, trashy ect.... ?also was wondering how nailer blood cross's on clover? any ansewers would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-05-2008 10:11 PM
Paul Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Jones Click here to Send Paul Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Jones Find more posts by Paul Jones Add Paul Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lowell Lynn
UKC Forum Member

Very Stylish tree dogs. They absolutely love to tree.

Old Post 12-05-2008 10:55 PM
Lowell Lynn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lowell Lynn Click here to Send Lowell Lynn a Private Message Click Here to Email Lowell Lynn Find more posts by Lowell Lynn Add Lowell Lynn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Jones
UKC Forum Member

are they tree happy slickers??

Old Post 12-05-2008 11:59 PM
Paul Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Jones Click here to Send Paul Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Jones Find more posts by Paul Jones Add Paul Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEOKHUNTER
Banned

Nailor

Had a male dog that was Nailer on both sides he acutally had nailor twice on top and twice on bottom. He would chop a tree in half, he had over 140+ bpm, and id say he was over 90% accurate and he wasnt a really wide hunter but he would not stop a track for nothing and he would not pull from a tree if a train went by him, he was a hell of a dog. He was killed in a pond by a 25 pound coon. But I guess he died doin what he loved.

Old Post 12-06-2008 05:50 AM
NEOKHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NEOKHUNTER Click here to Send NEOKHUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email NEOKHUNTER Find more posts by NEOKHUNTER Add NEOKHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NEOKHUNTER
Banned

Oh and that was the only walker I ever owned. He was given to me from my grandpa

Old Post 12-06-2008 05:51 AM
NEOKHUNTER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NEOKHUNTER Click here to Send NEOKHUNTER a Private Message Click Here to Email NEOKHUNTER Find more posts by NEOKHUNTER Add NEOKHUNTER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

i had two directly out of nailor,both were slick tree idiots......TC

Old Post 12-06-2008 08:45 AM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Southern Coondog
UKC Forum Member

I HAVE A MALE OFF NAILOR SEMN AND HE IS NICE AS THEY COME. HE HUNTS MEDIUM TO WIDE, HAS A HUGE MOUTH AND IS A VERY CLASSY TREE DOG THAT IS VERY VERY ACURATE.

DUAL GRND NAILORS SOUTHERN COUNTRY ROCK. S.S AND PER. SIRE

Old Post 12-06-2008 10:30 AM
Southern Coondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Southern Coondog Click here to Send Southern Coondog a Private Message Find more posts by Southern Coondog Add Southern Coondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex W Sims
UKC Forum Member

Paul here's the pic.

Old Post 12-06-2008 02:03 PM
Rex W Sims is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex W Sims Click here to Send Rex W Sims a Private Message Click Here to Email Rex W Sims Find more posts by Rex W Sims Add Rex W Sims to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
liberalcreek
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
i had two directly out of nailor,both were slick tree idiots......TC

LOL!!. I have probably hunted more nailor dogs than anyone and NEVER had one that was a slick treeing idiot. If anything else they were too picky and making sure they had the meat before setting down to tree.

Old Post 12-06-2008 02:11 PM
liberalcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for liberalcreek Click here to Send liberalcreek a Private Message Find more posts by liberalcreek Add liberalcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Eastman
UKC Forum Member

One thing we all seem to overlook is: the female has something to do with it to.

Old Post 12-06-2008 08:42 PM
Travis Eastman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Eastman Click here to Send Travis Eastman a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Eastman Find more posts by Travis Eastman Add Travis Eastman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

He Crossed very well with a "Lock Down" Female !! = "Texas Lotto" and a few others in that same Litter !! Very Good Breeding

----------NT CH ‘PR’ Yadkin River Jeff
--------GR NT CH ‘PR’ Yadkin Tar Rattler
----------NT CH ‘PR’ Tar Heel Peggy
----GR NT CH ‘PR’ Nocturnal Nailer
----------GR NT CH GR CH ‘PR’ House’s Lipper
--------GR NT CH GR CH ‘PR’ Lock Down Lassie
----------NT CH ‘PR’ Rockers’ Banjo Style Babe
-Dual GR GR NT CH CH ‘PR’ Texas Lotto
----------NT CH ‘PR’ Jim’s Cedar Creek Clipper
--------GR NT CH ‘PR’ Timber Rattler
----------GR NT CH ‘PR’ Griffin’s Dina
----GR NT CH GR CH ‘PR’ Lock Down Queen
----------GR NT CH GR CH ‘PR’ McKnight’s Rex
--------‘PR’ Lock Down Rexine
----------GR CH ‘PR’ House’s Lady

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 12-06-2008 at 10:09 PM

Old Post 12-06-2008 09:51 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypoe
Banned

Id say I got the chance to hunt with as many direct sons and daughters as anyone, and one trait seemed to come through no matter what kind of female they were out of. TREE DOGS.

Some were wide hunters, some close. Some accurate, some slick treein monsters. Good track dogs, and some that couldnt track themselves back to the food dish. Everyone was a Kady-bar-the-door TREE DOG though.

RIP Loose

Old Post 12-06-2008 10:22 PM
larrypoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrypoe Click here to Send larrypoe a Private Message Click Here to Email larrypoe Find more posts by larrypoe Add larrypoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

They seem to generally be large size dogs too.
As for slick treeing, my experience with them has been just the opposit Just about any idiot can train any treedog to be a slick treeing idiot. Many dogs get blamed for their trainers stupidity.

Old Post 12-06-2008 10:29 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joe33
UKC Forum Member

nailor dogs

that is the only breed of walker i will hunt had several nailor dogs and loved every one of them had just a couple of slick trees but i would say 90 percent of the time they had the meet. wish i could get my hands on anouther nailor pup i do have a grand son to nailor right now that i crossed his dad with a clover female and he is a coon dog seems they croos good with clover breed females too.

Old Post 12-06-2008 11:10 PM
joe33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joe33 Click here to Send joe33 a Private Message Click Here to Email joe33 Find more posts by joe33 Add joe33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

just a thought

They may be releasing some semen soon.......................

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 12-07-2008 01:07 AM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chiggers
UKC Forum Member

I bred to him twice and bought several other pups and young dogs off him, still have one directly off him and Stylish Anna in the back yard 14 years old. Some were real Good and some were real Bad. I only had one that would not tree.

Old Post 12-07-2008 01:31 AM
Chiggers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chiggers Click here to Send Chiggers a Private Message Click Here to Email Chiggers Find more posts by Chiggers Add Chiggers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

JIM,--could be they were trained by an idiot , but slick treeing is a bred in fault.it is caused by weak tracking ability.the track is the math the tree is the answer ,if they can't do the math they will never get the answer right. i would say who ever made the cross that produced the slick treeing dogs was the idiot. any time you have a stud bred as much as nailor,sackett jr or some of the other dogs that were bred so much, your gonna have them all over the board. and its because the breeder did not know how to cross dogs for their traits. most were crossed to make money on what ever was the top going stud dog at the time, not to produce balanced dogs.nailor was a overpowering tree dog, bred to a female that was all tree dog and weak on the track could and did produced slick treeing idiots, you can not train a dog to be a good track dog,it has to be bred into them.there is no stud dog that will dominate the traits of any and every female he is bred to.slap happy breeding to make money is what produced so many culls from all stud dogs.when you see a all grand litter,do you take into consideration that the cross was made to produce all grands on the papers and no thought to traits and if the cross will produce a balanced dog?.just because two i had were slick treeing idiots does not mean they all were. just like because all the ones you hunted with were not, does not mean that NONE were.any idiot can pay the stud fee and breed his female, it takes some one with some breeding knowledge to breed the right female to the right stud to produce a balanced litter of coondogs ...................TC

Last edited by toe cutter on 12-07-2008 at 05:34 PM

Old Post 12-07-2008 05:29 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

I couldn't agree more.

Old Post 12-07-2008 05:44 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

unless the sire and dam are directly out of nailor and clover or selective line bred ,you will get a mixed bag of genes that don't contain much of the original genes that nailor and clover had.line breeding is the only way to ensure you keep the desired traits that you want in any bloodline..line breeding is a term invented to describe a milder form of inbreeding.which is breeding within a family of dogs and it is done to keep the desired traits of that bloodline.I have only been breeding and training dogs for 36 yrs,so my opinions on this cross would probably be considered stupid and idiotic compared the experts ...............TC

Last edited by toe cutter on 12-07-2008 at 06:23 PM

Old Post 12-07-2008 06:18 PM
BOOBOOBRADY
UKC Forum Member

I disagree the stran of nailor dogs i hunt there strong point is TRACKING and having them coons when you get there as far as tree dogs thats about 50% of them most scream and squall. but you can bet when they open there mouth most of the time they will be in front and will have seen them as far as 400 yards ahead of dogs on a the track

PKC.PRIDE #84822
1-270-699-1037
CH GrNitech Triple Creek Lock S.S and performance sire R.I.P 12-31-12
Ch Nitech Tar Scream'n ThunderStorm

Come on people drop you're ego and admitt you just got beat, made a bad call, dog made a mistake, what ever.You can't get cheated that much

Old Post 12-07-2008 06:18 PM
BOOBOOBRADY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BOOBOOBRADY Click here to Send BOOBOOBRADY a Private Message Click Here to Email BOOBOOBRADY Find more posts by BOOBOOBRADY Add BOOBOOBRADY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BOOBOOBRADY
I disagree the stran of nailor dogs i hunt there strong point is TRACKING and having them coons when you get there as far as tree dogs thats about 50% of them most scream and squall. but you can bet when they open there mouth most of the time they will be in front and will have seen them as far as 400 yards ahead of dogs on a the track
i never said nailor dogs were weak track dogs. i thought we were talking about dogs directly out of nailor and not a strain off him. every out cross made dilutes the genes nailor put in his pups. i have a female out of gap and her mother is out of Xjr. i would not say she is sackett jr bred or nailor bred even though gap has sackett jr and Xjr has nailor blood. just because a dog shows a certain hound in their ped does not mean it is still that dogs blood or traits that makes it run a track or tree a certain way. it is the traits the dog got from the mixed bag of genes, unless it is a line bred bloodline from the original sire or dam.other wise its traits are far from what the original sire and dam produced in a litter of pups.thats what out crosses are for , to change or put a desired trait into a litter that the original sire and dam were weak at reproducing.or to remove a undesired fault from a bloodline.pups directly out of nailor were stronger on the tree instinct.it could hurt you or help you depending on the traits of the female you bred him to.unless a dog is line bred out of nailor,his grand pups and great grand pups are far from what nailor produced in the pups directly off him....................TC

Old Post 12-07-2008 06:50 PM
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Nailor

quote:
Originally posted by NEOKHUNTER
Had a male dog that was Nailer on both sides he acutally had nailor twice on top and twice on bottom. He would chop a tree in half, he had over 140+ bpm, and id say he was over 90% accurate and he wasnt a really wide hunter but he would not stop a track for nothing and he would not pull from a tree if a train went by him, he was a hell of a dog. He was killed in a pond by a 25 pound coon. But I guess he died doin what he loved.
this is an example of a line bred nailor dog that still had a good dose of nailor blood and showed nailor traits in the way this dog treed.some one line bred him top and bottom to keep nailor bloodline traits in the pups ..........................TC

Old Post 12-07-2008 06:57 PM
crittergetter12
UKC Forum Member

nailor

here is my male directly out of nailor great track dog and has the coon 90 to 95 % of the time best dog i ever followed

Old Post 12-07-2008 08:50 PM
crittergetter12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crittergetter12 Click here to Send crittergetter12 a Private Message Find more posts by crittergetter12 Add crittergetter12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

Here is an interesting link with some discussion on Nailor.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post 12-07-2008 09:31 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truebluefordman
UKC Forum Member

why dont you all tell the other side to them .. they all where ILL. yes 99% where some of the best tree dogs alive but all would it a dog up right now... that was a true trait of nailer... dont get me wrong he pass on the whole package coon dog as do a lot of studs but he did it with style though.

boy's i tell ya how it is. i'am not here to bs you. i'am here to hunt dogs and get you the most for your money.my door is open for anyone to come hunt, spend the night or the weekend i hunt hard and it shows in my dogs 317-494-1098 danny suttles

Old Post 12-07-2008 09:49 PM
truebluefordman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truebluefordman Click here to Send truebluefordman a Private Message Click Here to Email truebluefordman Find more posts by truebluefordman Add truebluefordman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote