UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Registrations > question about registering an American Pitbull Terrier
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
laluna111
New UKC Forum Member

question about registering an American Pitbull Terrier

Hello, My name is Lauren and im very new to this site. I own an American Pitbull Terrier, this is my first dog i've ever owned. I was told when i bought the puppy that he would come with papers, i bought him when he was 8 weeks old, He is now almost 6 months old and i would very much like to register him.. anywhere!.. but i never recieved any sort of papers.. come to find out the sire and dam have NO papers. its obvious that my dog is purebred though. he's very beautiful and i would love for the chance to stud him. I have no pedigree or papers from the sire or dam, I cant even get in touch with the man I bought him from. is there anything i can do to get him registered? I will buy necessary DNA testing and everything.

Last edited by laluna111 on 10-06-2008 at 03:46 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-06-2008 03:34 PM
laluna111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for laluna111 Click here to Send laluna111 a Private Message Find more posts by laluna111 Add laluna111 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

Thank you for contacting United Kennel Club. We appreciate your interest.

For a dog that is not already registered with UKC as part of a litter, and whose parents are not both UKC registered, we do offer Single Registration. The rules for Single Registration for the American Pit Bull Terrier are as follows:

1. The dog must be at least one year of age

2. Completed UKC "American Pit Bull Terrier Application for Single Registration" (available on our website at http://www.ukcdogs.com/res/pdf/fo23adm.pdf)

3. Copy of dog's registration certificate from UKC recognized registry. For APBT we recognize the American Kennel Club, American Dog Breeders Association (ADBA), The Kennel Club, The Canadian Kennel Club or any FCI registry

4. Copy of dog's complete three generation pedigree (photocopy or handwritten pedigree is acceptable)

5. Three color photos (one of each side and one from the front in a standing position)

6. The dog must be inspected by an approved UKC inspector. View Inspectors List for contact information for the inspector in your area. If an inspector is not available, a 20 minutes video presentation may be submitted in lieu of an inspection. The video should show the dog in a public place interacting and being pet by strangers

7. Registration fee of $45.00 (payable as a personal check, money order or MasterCard or Visa)

Please note that these requirements are needed to register your dog with UKC. Examinations and DNA profiling provide limited information and would not be sufficient to register a dog or verify a dog is purebred. A dog without a complete three generation pedigree and registration with an approved registry will not be considered for registration with UKC. If you are unable to provide all of the above requirements, you may list your dog through our Limited Privilege program if the dog has been spayed or neutered.

Please feel free to reply to this email to request an "American Pit Bull Terrier Application for Single Registration" be mailed to you, be sure to include your name complete mailing address and name of the application you wish to receive.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Old Post 10-06-2008 05:05 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laluna111
New UKC Forum Member

The only problem is that i can't supply a 3 generation pedigree because i have no knowledge of the dog's sire and dam information. is there anyway that i can like supply a DNA test or and equivalent?

Old Post 10-06-2008 05:30 PM
laluna111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for laluna111 Click here to Send laluna111 a Private Message Find more posts by laluna111 Add laluna111 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

No, we need 3 generation pedigree information. Without this information, you will not be able to register your dog with us.

Old Post 10-07-2008 01:05 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TongaKidd
New UKC Forum Member

Hi Russell, is 3 generations the parents of each parent, the parents and the pup? Also, if I breed a UKC registered dog with an dog registered to a different registry does it weaken the pedigree or bloodline?

Last edited by TongaKidd on 01-26-2016 at 05:54 PM

Old Post 01-26-2016 05:48 PM
TongaKidd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TongaKidd Click here to Send TongaKidd a Private Message Click Here to Email TongaKidd Find more posts by TongaKidd Add TongaKidd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

A 3 generation pedigree consists of the parents, Grandparents & Great Grandparents of a dog. If you breed a UKC dog with a dog registered with another registry, that litter would not be able to be registered with UKC.

Old Post 01-26-2016 06:35 PM
TongaKidd
New UKC Forum Member

wow! ok... thanks for the info.

Old Post 01-26-2016 07:36 PM
TongaKidd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TongaKidd Click here to Send TongaKidd a Private Message Click Here to Email TongaKidd Find more posts by TongaKidd Add TongaKidd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith
Banned

You're welcome. Have a great day!

Old Post 01-26-2016 07:40 PM