UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Redtick Beagles??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Wheat Light
UKC Forum Member

Redtick Beagles??

I thought I had saw about every color of Beagle, but I recently saw Nutters Kennel website and saw some Redtick Beagles. Here's the question: most of the redtick breeders I have seen are AKC hunters, not UKC. Is anyone raising UKC registered Redtick Beagles? Question #2: How do the redticks compare to other beagles as far as field trialing go? I prefer the Hound/Hunter format myself. Just wondering how one would be for this type of UKC hunt.

Thanks for any and all your help.

PF

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-09-2008 09:13 PM
Wheat Light is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wheat Light Click here to Send Wheat Light a Private Message Click Here to Email Wheat Light Find more posts by Wheat Light Add Wheat Light to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

The coloring has absolutely nothing at all to do with their hunting speed or style. There are tri colored hounds that run very very slow, brace style, and some that run like race horses and everything in between. Same for beagles with red ticks on them... I'm sure you can find some strains that run brace style and there are bound to be some strains that run real fast. Find the color you like then find a strain that runs the style you want. But the color never dictates the ability.

Old Post 07-09-2008 11:25 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEW/BOY
UKC Forum Member

redtick beagles

Me and a hunting buddy of mine, have ran this bloodline for a while now. I just had a litter of UKC registered redtick beagles, they are 19 days old now. Man it is one of the best looking litters I have had. But yeah it dont matter about the color, how they hunt. It is just we like the looks of a redtick, or bluetick beagle.

Old Post 07-09-2008 11:34 PM
DEW/BOY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEW/BOY Click here to Send DEW/BOY a Private Message Click Here to Email DEW/BOY Visit DEW/BOY's homepage! Find more posts by DEW/BOY Add DEW/BOY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbowman
UKC Forum Member

I have 2 redticks that are Loko - Hanks Jo Jo blue breeding for sale right now. They are about 9 weeks old.

Old Post 07-10-2008 08:30 PM
rbowman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbowman Click here to Send rbowman a Private Message Click Here to Email rbowman Find more posts by rbowman Add rbowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wheat Light
UKC Forum Member

When I get some more beagles, I'm going to get some redticks. We're getting ready to move right now so I can go back to college, so I'm not sure I'll have time to hunt when I get down in the thick of it. I'll be looking for some, though in a couple years. I think they are good looking dogs.

PF

Old Post 07-10-2008 09:28 PM
Wheat Light is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wheat Light Click here to Send Wheat Light a Private Message Click Here to Email Wheat Light Find more posts by Wheat Light Add Wheat Light to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

would like to see pics of the 'redtick' beagles you speak of, never heard of them, i've heard of 'ticked' beagles, but aren't beagles supposed to be solid colored, like a mini-walker dog?? thats what mine looks like, grand show, won every show i put him in, the people around here have 'ticked' beagles and i aksed the judge why not those dogs, he said my dog has correct coloring

this is my pup, his names Tucker, forgot his show name cuz he's 6 and hasnt been shown sense he was about 2 1/2 and i dont remember where his papers are

Last edited by RED REBELS on 07-10-2008 at 11:26 PM

Old Post 07-10-2008 11:13 PM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wheat Light
UKC Forum Member

Here is just a portion of the UKC official breed standard for Beagles:

"The Beagle has been referred to as "a foxhound in miniature." A smooth, short-haired hound; slightly longer than tall. Ears lay close to the head. Usually tri-color (black, white and tan), but all typical hound color combinations are acceptable."

All typical hound colors are acceptable, thats what it said. I'd say the judge you had didn't read the official breed standard very well. I'm not too interested in the shows anyway, I'm more interested in the hunt.

I didn't mean to imply they were any worse or better for the color as far as hunting goes, sorry if I did. I think they are good looking hounds. I just haven't seen too many redticks that are UKC registered or are being advertised as stud dogs, thats all. I'll be looking up some of you guys when I get back to it, so I can buy a pups or older dogs.

Thanks a lot for the info guys, maybe one of you will post some pictures of you dogs.

PF

Old Post 07-11-2008 12:49 AM
beaglerMc
UKC Forum Member

I saw Ray Bowmans redticks a couple of weeks ago and will have to say those were some of the best looking redticks I have seen. Personally, if you're into shows, I don't believe color should be the difference. Isn't it based on conformation? Not all beagles are tri-color. I know of a bunch of RED beagles that are either Show Champions or Grands. Anyway, there is good and bad in any color, color does not make the dog anyway, but a good looking dog thats a good rabbit dog just makes it that much better.

Last edited by beaglerMc on 07-11-2008 at 01:11 AM

Old Post 07-11-2008 12:58 AM
beaglerMc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for beaglerMc Click here to Send beaglerMc a Private Message Click Here to Email beaglerMc Find more posts by beaglerMc Add beaglerMc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilson
UKC Forum Member

I have redtick beagles, I would post a picture of them just don't know how. so if red rebel if you would send me your email address i will send you some pictures. My email is vwilson3@columbus.rr.com

Old Post 07-11-2008 02:06 AM
wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wilson Click here to Send wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email wilson Find more posts by wilson Add wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bev
UKC Forum Member

Here's a pic of a redtick female of mine. She has thrown many marked up like her over the years. Dolly has been one of the best gundogs and field trialing dogs to ever wear one of my collars. She was very fast as a young hound, and was always around the rabbit (good attention to line, not rough-running).

Old Post 07-11-2008 04:18 AM
Bev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bev Click here to Send Bev a Private Message Click Here to Email Bev Visit Bev's homepage! Find more posts by Bev Add Bev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arizonabeagle
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RED REBELS
would like to see pics of the 'redtick' beagles you speak of, never heard of them, i've heard of 'ticked' beagles, but aren't beagles supposed to be solid colored, like a mini-walker dog?? thats what mine looks like, grand show, won every show i put him in, the people around here have 'ticked' beagles and i aksed the judge why not those dogs, he said my dog has correct coloring

this is my pup, his names Tucker, forgot his show name cuz he's 6 and hasnt been shown sense he was about 2 1/2 and i dont remember where his papers are

beagles can be any hound color
english coonhounds are mostly redticked but theres blueticks englishes too. blue tick and blue gascon hounds are blue ticked
there for beagles can be blue or red ticked and most still have the tri color patches as well

i wish i coulda found some red ones when i was on the market
beautiful dogs..

Old Post 07-11-2008 07:29 AM
arizonabeagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arizonabeagle Click here to Send arizonabeagle a Private Message Click Here to Email arizonabeagle Find more posts by arizonabeagle Add arizonabeagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

this is a pic of my neighbors beagle (lightning, cuz she was really fast when she was younger)

one of my uncles 1st beagle

his 2nd beagle (he got this beautiful lady to breed to his male , snoopy)

his 3rd beagle (he got this one cuz his 1st two ran away and never came back)

this is my brothers UGLY dog (flash, not sure why he named her this, shes a female)

here are somemore pics i found on my comp of friend's dogs, not sure of names or owners anymore

but this is my rabbit dog

and dont be fooled by his looks, i was mowing grass today and i saw two cute little bunnies, so i called him over to me (after i shut the mower off) and he caught one, it went the WRONG way, and then he brought it to me... yuck

Old Post 07-12-2008 02:40 AM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arizonabeagle
UKC Forum Member

and dont be fooled by his looks, i was mowing grass today and i saw two cute little bunnies, so i called him over to me (after i shut the mower off) and he caught one, it went the WRONG way, and then he brought it to me... yuck [/B][/QUOTE]

did you eat it??

Old Post 07-12-2008 10:18 PM
arizonabeagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arizonabeagle Click here to Send arizonabeagle a Private Message Click Here to Email arizonabeagle Find more posts by arizonabeagle Add arizonabeagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote