UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hank Jr. a houndsman?
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stickbow
UKC Forum Member

Hank Jr. a houndsman?

I heard that Hank Williams Jr. used to run Plotts. Any truth to that?

Also, I think it was Ray Stein who once posted that a former Raider great ran some Cascade Plotts. Was that right Ray?

541-425-0227 - cell

A good hound dog will give his life for you. To return the favor is the least you can do.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2004 01:47 PM
stickbow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stickbow Click here to Send stickbow a Private Message Click Here to Email stickbow Find more posts by stickbow Add stickbow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kroc
UKC Forum Member

Hank Jr

Yes. Bocephus used to hunt plotts and blueticks back in the 70's. Advertised quite a bit. I remember the last night of season in Bald Knob, Ar.......Raining cats and dogs, colder than a well diggers hind end and we'd had enough by 9:00 pm. Went to a diner and up pulls a traveling bus with lots of young ladies and the band..........This was in his wilder days....Very nice guy.....

Old Post 04-12-2004 04:19 PM
kroc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kroc Click here to Send kroc a Private Message Find more posts by kroc Add kroc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Stein
UKC Forum Member

Hank Jr. did competition hunt and advertised his hounds in Full cry. While on a hunt in Colorado with DeMoss and Larry Olin, Jr's Plott got ate by a Puma.

David Casper All Pro tight end of the Oakland Raiders used to hunt with De and Larry and Oliver Smith and purchased some of the remaining hounds that Oliver sold.

Old Post 04-13-2004 12:32 AM
Ray Stein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Stein Click here to Send Ray Stein a Private Message Click Here to Email Ray Stein Find more posts by Ray Stein Add Ray Stein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redneck coondog
UKC Forum Member

famous handlers

we had a ol boy who was from right here in N.C. named Junior Johnson who was a driver crewchief carowner on the nascar circuit who also did alot of coonhunting

Old Post 04-13-2004 12:40 AM
redneck coondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneck coondog Click Here to Email redneck coondog Find more posts by redneck coondog Add redneck coondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stickbow
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding! Thanks for the info guys. Anyone know of any other celebrity houndmen? It's always good to have some star power on our side.

541-425-0227 - cell

A good hound dog will give his life for you. To return the favor is the least you can do.

Old Post 04-13-2004 11:13 AM
stickbow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stickbow Click here to Send stickbow a Private Message Click Here to Email stickbow Find more posts by stickbow Add stickbow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bullet
UKC Forum Member

Ken Curtis (Festus on Gunsmoke)

I heard Ken Curtis used to hunt English hounds. I also heard Corey Feldman was a coon hunter. That was a little harder for me to believe.

No Jesus.....No Peace

Old Post 04-13-2004 11:22 AM
Bullet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bullet Click here to Send Bullet a Private Message Find more posts by Bullet Add Bullet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedMan
UKC Forum Member

Hey redneck coondog, is that the same Junior Johnson that got the full pardon from Pres Reagan (I think) in the '80's for his convictions as a moonshiner and a driver for his dad's moonshining outfit. If it is I saw a thing on the history channel the other day where they was talking to him about moonshining and ridgerunning and he said of all the cars he drove in the racing circuit (before it actually became NASCAR) the fastest car he ever drove was the car he delivered white lightning in. LOL

Old Post 04-13-2004 01:08 PM
RedMan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedMan Click here to Send RedMan a Private Message Click Here to Email RedMan Find more posts by RedMan Add RedMan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blubychoice
UKC Forum Member

hank sings about a hound

in one of his songs. "kind of like my old bluetick hound I like to lay around in the shade"

Old Post 04-13-2004 02:12 PM
blubychoice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blubychoice Click here to Send blubychoice a Private Message Click Here to Email blubychoice Find more posts by blubychoice Add blubychoice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redtickman
UKC Forum Member

charlie daniels sings that song!

Old Post 04-13-2004 03:10 PM
redtickman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redtickman Click here to Send redtickman a Private Message Find more posts by redtickman Add redtickman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redneck coondog
UKC Forum Member

redman

thats the same ol boy

Old Post 04-13-2004 04:17 PM
redneck coondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneck coondog Click Here to Email redneck coondog Find more posts by redneck coondog Add redneck coondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Roy Rogers

Was a coonhunter..... Grandpa Jones......Little Jimmy Dickins........Charlie Daniels..... Hank Jr. ........

Old Post 04-13-2004 11:36 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sheriff Andy
UKC Forum Member

pam anderson hunts walkers... lol just kidding

Old Post 04-14-2004 01:48 AM
Sheriff Andy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sheriff Andy Click here to Send Sheriff Andy a Private Message Find more posts by Sheriff Andy Add Sheriff Andy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I have an old video of Roy Rogers and his coonhounds. I also have some friends in Indiana that know and have taken Jimmy Martin(bluegrass singer)coonhunting.
Ricky Scaggs coonhunted when he was a kid.We saw him in concert last year and he talked about coonhunting.

Old Post 04-14-2004 02:04 AM
Rusty Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty Johnson Click here to Send Rusty Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Rusty Johnson Find more posts by Rusty Johnson Add Rusty Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shane Connor
UKC Forum Member

DAVE DEAN TOLD ME ONE TIME, WHENEVER HE WAS PROMOTING HAMMER 3, HANK JR. CALLED HIM WANTING TO BUY HIM, AND SAID NAME YOUR PRICE, DAVE TOLD HIM THAT HE COULDN'T SELL HIM, HE HAD A FAMILY TO FEED AND HE MADE HIS MONEY PROMOTING THESE DOG'S A LOSS LIKE HAMMER 3 WOULD OF BEEN A BLOW TO HIS KENNEL AND THE HOLE IN BLUETICK HISTORY

Old Post 04-14-2004 02:28 AM
Shane Connor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shane Connor Click here to Send Shane Connor a Private Message Click Here to Email Shane Connor Find more posts by Shane Connor Add Shane Connor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris baker
UKC Forum Member

I beleave that Hank Jr. used to get some of his dogs from Leroy Penny. I do know that Leroy used to go down and go hunting with Hank Jr. Leroy lives about twenty miles from me.

Old Post 04-14-2004 02:56 AM
chris baker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chris baker Click here to Send chris baker a Private Message Find more posts by chris baker Add chris baker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DERICK GOLDMAN
UKC Forum Member

COONHUNTERS

JERRY CLOWER USED TO COONHUNT ALL THE TIME IN HIIS YOUNGER DAYS BUT I THINK HE DID TO PUT MEAT ON THE TABLE FOR HIS FAMILY YALL OUGHT TO LISTEN TO SOME OF HIS ALBUMS LOL

Goldman's Cider Fork Kennel Home of:
Ch Ntch Pr Big River Gomer's Homer
Nt Ch Ch Pr Goldman's Code3 Summer Heat Stroke
Cider Fork Karmas Gona Gitcha