UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many dogs when told to do something by wife looks at dad to see if they have to?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

How many dogs when told to do something by wife looks at dad to see if they have to?

Just wondering if everyone is like that. She tell my pup to do something and the pup looks at me. All I have to say is her name and she knows she has to do it. I have had a lot of dogs and both of my kids did it but this walker pup is the worst I ever had. She is 14 weaks and smart as a tack. Knows how to do or get out of doing anything she puts her mind to. Going to be a hand full for disipline behind my back in the woods. LOL

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Last edited by Okie Dawg on 02-24-2010 at 04:19 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2010 04:16 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

Re: How many dogs when told to do something by wife looks at dad to see if they have to?

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
Just wondering if everyone is like that. She tell my pup to do something and the pup looks at me. All I have to say is her name and she knows she has to do it. I have had a lot of dogs and both of my kids did it but this walker pup is the worst I ever had. She is 14 weaks and smart as a tack. Knows how to do or get out of doing anything she puts her mind to. Going to be a hand full for disipline behind my back in the woods. LOL
Ummm....I can see you got a lot to learn in many ways.

Old Post 02-24-2010 12:18 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NCBLUE
UKC Forum Member

very common! and my wife fusses about it. my dogs are the same way. I used to have a rottie and when i traveled the 1st day I was gone he would listen to anyone. 2nd day I was gone he would be real selective. 3rd day on he wouldnt listen to anyone. when i returned back to perfect manners......lol

Old Post 02-24-2010 12:54 PM
NCBLUE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NCBLUE Click here to Send NCBLUE a Private Message Click Here to Email NCBLUE Find more posts by NCBLUE Add NCBLUE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

Okie D..you ever think of putting a CDX on your huntin hounds?

Old Post 02-24-2010 01:57 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

This boy right here was bad to cut his eyes at momma when he was in my lap. She would sometimes tell him 'yes I see you'! I've had a lot of dogs but I never had one so attached to me. He was a heck of a coon dog as well as a 24/7 companion. They know you so well when they are raised that way.

Old Post 02-24-2010 02:10 PM
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

"Oakie D's Handbook For Training Your All-Purpose Dog" !!! I think that would get em on E-Bay! What ya think Bud!

Old Post 02-24-2010 04:33 PM
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bluedogman
Okie D..you ever think of putting a CDX on your huntin hounds?

Nope but it wouldn't be hard. I had a Blue tic in a search and rescue simenar in Texas that had compitition type obeidence in it. Was awsome to see a hound get air from a sit come position to a heal. I am thinking about doing it with one of two dogs I have now. They have the energy leavel to do it. I love to have a dog trained up like that but never done a hound yet. Got a blue and a walker that would do well though.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 02-24-2010 06:19 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote