UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > If you have to deny a ride to thin the competition you need to find a better dog.
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
Nobody said it was. I was just commenting on how sad it was that out of 3 people nobody would give him a ride. Never saw that before. It is understood at most of the big hunts people ride there together and I have always given rides freely, never even ask for gas but many give me gas money anyway. Heck in some states I get drawn out with Amish or Mennonites and I will give them a tracking collar. It's not my responsibility but why would I not want to do someone a favor?

It's not my responsibility, but I do it because I understand being there with only one vehicle and if it were me I would want to be treated well.

Of course if you are going with responsibility, it's not my responsibility to find a coon either unless my dog is treed on the tree.........I mean if we are going that direction might as well go all the way.

That said a member of this board stated that if they had hung around a little longer he would have gotten him a ride. I believe he would have. That is appreciated and will be remembered. That guy gets a hard time on this board at times but that shows he is an OK guy in my book. I don't know how much good it would have done though cause they left as soon as they got the card, but the sentiment is what counts. I just found out about that offer and I believe it was a legitimate one too, but the logistics of it would not have worked out.

I have never had a problem with people not shining my tree, just score the coon when I find it. I do not want the responsibility or the liability of hauling a stranger in my vehicle up and down the road. If your truck broke down on the way to the woods i would absolutely help you, i would wait until you could find transportation from the club, but I shouldn’t be expected to provide that transportation. Suppose you hitch a ride with me, dogs get busted up and we have to call time to gather them up, you winning with 500+ and i have 25- am i the bad guy if i round my dog up first and you get scratched forbthe hour catching you? Too many bad things happen when you have to hitch a ride or give a ride.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-07-2019 12:04 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Rides.....

It all comes down to Excuses for not wanting to help a fellow out......!!!
For the ones saying its not your Responsibility----If it was your Buddy would you say yes ?....😉

This is what Our Country has become and Coonhunters are Certainly Not what they used to be....😕
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-07-2019 12:20 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You leave the gate open the cows will get out ! You want to know what we mean when we say loopholes in the rules this is one of many. It's became a sad day when hunters go to a hunt looking more to win hunts using the loopholes instead of packing a coondog. Back in the day in the 3 hr hunt days a high percentage of these young guys would have been sent home early till they learned how to behave.

Tar

Old Post 01-07-2019 12:38 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I will give a ride to anyone. I even loaned Curt A my new F250 at the SS and I don’t even like him LOL, I loaned Jim Farmer my new Toyota at SETWD the next day he asked if he could drive it back to motel room because he forgot something, he didn’t forget anything he took and had it detailed, the next year I gave a hunter a ride, he took some minus an with drew, on last drop dogs got deep so we sent him to get my truck and drive around, well he did but rear ended another truck on the way, took out my grill, one headlight and right side fender, my insurance took care of it.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-07-2019 12:40 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Needing help....

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I will give a ride to anyone. I even loaned Curt A my new F250 at the SS and I don’t even like him LOL, I loaned Jim Farmer my new Toyota at SETWD the next day he asked if he could drive it back to motel room because he forgot something, he didn’t forget anything he took and had it detailed, the next year I gave a hunter a ride, he took some minus an with drew, on last drop dogs got deep so we sent him to get my truck and drive around, well he did but rear ended another truck on the way, took out my grill, one headlight and right side fender, my insurance took care of it.

Above & Beyond here...!!!
Good Job....👌
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-07-2019 12:49 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bloxhdc
UKC Forum Member

I agree pretty sad when one of the three wouldn’t give this guy a ride. And something that people tend to forget is most land owners don’t like to see 4 trucks setting in their gate blocking it or going across their pasture or at least that’s the way it is around here.

Old Post 01-07-2019 01:22 PM
bloxhdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bloxhdc Click here to Send bloxhdc a Private Message Click Here to Email bloxhdc Find more posts by bloxhdc Add bloxhdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Jacobs
Banned

You can blame this or that or whoever you want. Quit assuming people are gonna do anything for you and there is no issue.

Old Post 01-07-2019 02:01 PM
Jack Jacobs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Jacobs Click here to Send Jack Jacobs a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Jacobs Add Jack Jacobs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

My reasoning for not letting people ride with me has nothing to do with getting dogs out of cast. Bottom line is of you show up looking for a ride and cant get one thats on you not someone else, i would not spend the time getting a dog ready then rely on a complete stranger to get me to the woods, thats poor planning, thats on you as an owner and handler!

Old Post 01-07-2019 02:02 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

For a win slip and a trophy you would deny somebody an opportunity to compete ?

Not me I would set in the back with a tarp over me in my own truck to make sure they got to hunt. If they made me mad they would be in the back without a tarp going home lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-07-2019 02:08 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by dean jamerson
My reasoning for not letting people ride with me has nothing to do with getting dogs out of cast. Bottom line is of you show up looking for a ride and cant get one thats on you not someone else, i would not spend the time getting a dog ready then rely on a complete stranger to get me to the woods, thats poor planning, thats on you as an owner and handler!

Much of the time when travelling to hunts hours away we go in groups as do so many other people. So nice to see the amount of sportsmanship at helping a fellow sportsman out from people like you NOT!!!
I wish you safety in your travels for you and your dogs but no luck in you endeavors while there.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-07-2019 08:12 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

there are coon hunters and there are 2 hour maniacs its really easy to tell the difference !

Old Post 01-07-2019 08:55 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

Dr. Jimmy,
Sometimes we don’t get the complete story. We get bits and pieces of the story and we have to put them together.

Here’s the things I know. I was the club rep for Palmetto CHA. Palmetto had 8 guides that were guiding cast. Palmetto had cast 33-40. Your dog was on cast 34. Before I the club rep could get cast 33 together at the plate and on there way your handler had left his cast at plate 34. I called the numbers out at plate 34 and when I called his number out our guide(a friend of mine we’ll call him Brunson) and a guy that I had drawn out with on Friday night(a younger gentleman we’ll call him Shore) both said he didn’t have a ride and said withdraw him. I explained that we couldn’t just withdraw him without his signature. The MOH has to scratch him. If not and he goes to the MOH they would be scratched for leaving him. That falls under rule 6.(n) where the cast is separated.

My friend guiding the cast was guiding 1:30 from the fairgrounds. He wasn’t planning on driving your handler back to Orangeburg then another 1:30 home, that’s 3 hours driving time to do someone that he didn’t know a favor. Young Mr Shore and his father were from NC. I think he told me Fayetteville. But, the dog was registered owner in Winston-Salem. This means they were 1:30 closer to home. This leaves the last member of the cast, he lived in TN. Again Orangeburg would also be out of his way.

I will add I saw it was your dog and immediately assumed he not only didn’t have a ride as they were saying but I knew he was scratched for treeing a possum the night before. I had two friends tell me that story previously. So, maybe he had it figured he couldn’t make the final four.

I will also tell you if your handler had a little patience and had stood at plate 33 I feel sure I could have found him a ride. He keeps speaking about they were leaving immediately, he forgets to say he left the cast before the received the scorecard. So, it appears to me that he was in a bigger hurry than the cast. Now, we had two guides in the area besides his cast. My cast was just on the other side of the interstate from him. I have always liked you and you being a fellow B&T man I would have put more effort into getting him a ride than anyone else. But, if he would have acted Saturday as he has acted on social media from the beginning I would have also left him in Orangeburg. Bashing everyone(including the people that you didn’t talk with) for not doing you a favor gets you nowhere. He keeps saying unsportsmanlike for not giving him a ride. It is very unsportsmanlike for walking off and not signing the card. Mr. Burgess won my cast and I’m sure he would have given your handler a ride back to Orangeburg. Another really good friend of mine that was guiding won his cast and won have given your handler a ride back to the club. I know for a fact he would have. Also, if everyone would have lost and your handler was a polite sportsman I would have given him a ride back myself. I did it two years ago to a gentleman that beat me and I gave another cast winner a ride back that same night. So, yes people will help people if they are patient and polite.

Me being a hard working American I have issues with people that think we owe them something. I will do favors for people if they asked politely, I will do favors for people that need them even if they don’t ask. But, I will not do a favor for anyone that thinks I owe them a favor. He paid his entry just as everyone else on the grounds. Your paid entry gives you an entry to compete. Nowhere does it say anyone must give you a ride. I have given people rides, I have loaned my truck, I have ridden with people. But, at no time do I see where anyone is unsportsmanlike if the don’t go out of their way to give someone a ride.

I’m sorry your dog didn’t get to hunt. He had one of the best guides on the grounds. I would have liked to heard his performance on the cast from my buddy. My buddy knows a coondog and I value his opinion. I also wonder if your handler really wanted to hunt or if he is just trying to blame others for his not hunting trying to make it look like those guys were butts and wouldn’t give him a ride. I know my buddy and Mr Shore was a very nice guy on Friday, very enjoyable to hunt with and polite. I feel two just didn’t want to spend 3 hours of their time hauling someone around.

So, after saying all that I will say we all have different opinions.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-07-2019 08:56 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Jacobs
Banned

Hmmmm go figure.

Old Post 01-07-2019 09:02 PM
Jack Jacobs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Jacobs Click here to Send Jack Jacobs a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Jacobs Add Jack Jacobs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Chris will proubally not get on here and say anything , he will just laugh about it thats just the kind of Guy he is .

Well, your really good buddy and great guy has been on Facebook for two days blasting the guide, all the handlers, the club, and the Grand American. So, that is the kind of guy he is.

His guide on the other hand has Facebook but has yet to get on there and blast anyone. He is a really good and super nice guy.

The really funny comment that you made is you and your local club members boycotting. It seems you were boycotting before it happened. 😂😂😂

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 01-07-2019 09:09 PM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Much of the time when travelling to hunts hours away we go in groups as do so many other people. So nice to see the amount of sportsmanship at helping a fellow sportsman out from people like you NOT!!!
I wish you safety in your travels for you and your dogs but no luck in you endeavors while there.

I said many years ago if I can’t drive my truck for whatever reason I will stay at home, I will not rely on anyone else nor put anyone else out because i dont have transportation. I am not relying on anyone else to help me round up my dog. Its your choice to travel in groups whether for convenience, save money etc, but if i am driving halfway across the country to compete i am not relying on someone else, period! The last couple guys i gave a ride to smoked, stunk like a goat, left trash in my truck, just like most of the posters on this board it was expected of me to give a ride, the last one was the straw that broke the camels back, When he got out of my truck the last time I said never again! You can think what you want about my sportsmanship, but nobody owes you a ride!

Old Post 01-07-2019 09:21 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

3 OTHER HUNTERS?

NONE WILL GIVE A RIDE?
BUSH LEAGUE!!

ABOUT AS BAD AS THE BUDDY SYSTEM ,THAT CAN'T SEEM TO 'SEE' YOUR COON.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 01-07-2019 09:24 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares

I’m sorry your dog didn’t get to hunt. He had one of the best guides on the grounds. I would have liked to heard his performance on the cast from my buddy. My buddy knows a coondog and I value his opinion. I also wonder if your handler really wanted to hunt or if he is just trying to blame others for his not hunting trying to make it look like those guys were butts and wouldn’t give him a ride. I know my buddy and Mr Shore was a very nice guy on Friday, very enjoyable to hunt with and polite. I feel two just didn’t want to spend 3 hours of their time hauling someone around.

So, after saying all that I will say we all have different opinions.

KT, he told me you told him you would have gotten him a ride if he had stuck around. If you will notice I have already posted that on here and I also posted that I believed you would have.

I also posted that Max paid him back for taking him by backing a possum while leading the cast the night before LOL.

He left quickly because he was already mad that three people told him they weren't taking him and they were leaving as soon as they got the scorecard. In his mind they were determined not to give him a chance to even make other arrangements with his buddy finding a ride and him driving so he was ticked and done.

He was ticked and probably didn't think about someone else not on the cast giving him a ride so he left before he got into trouble with his anger at the whole situation and I can not fault him for that. I can fault him for not remaining calm and getting mad and "telling people off" especially before even waiting around to see if they really would have left him.

I have not seen any of his posts on social media so that I do not know about and it's not a good look.

KT I have no doubt in my mind that you would have done everything in your power to get him a ride. People may give you a hard time but I have always known you to be fair and try to help.

PS: I tried to PM you that day to see if there was more to it but your PM box is full LOL

Last edited by Rip on 01-08-2019 at 01:37 AM

Old Post 01-08-2019 01:31 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Now then we can all be freinds again.

Tar

Old Post 01-08-2019 01:36 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by dean jamerson
I said many years ago if I can’t drive my truck for whatever reason I will stay at home, I will not rely on anyone else nor put anyone else out because i dont have transportation. I am not relying on anyone else to help me round up my dog. Its your choice to travel in groups whether for convenience, save money etc, but if i am driving halfway across the country to compete i am not relying on someone else, period! The last couple guys i gave a ride to smoked, stunk like a goat, left trash in my truck, just like most of the posters on this board it was expected of me to give a ride, the last one was the straw that broke the camels back, When he got out of my truck the last time I said never again! You can think what you want about my sportsmanship, but nobody owes you a ride!

Defend it all you want but this is a prime example of poor sportsmanship.
If you don't want smoking in your truck ask those who travel with you not to. As for the rest a stop at the gas station trash can and a spritz of febreze. Our son typically travels with us and quite often our daughter's boyfriend. It would be ridiculous for them to drive 12 hours to a hunt separately for safety and financially.
Thankfully those like you are still a minority.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-08-2019 01:52 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rip/K. T.

Glad to see both sides of the situation, Rip, it would appear that your handler choose to handle the matter his way, without really trying, then deferred the blame to others. K. T. Thanks for being a stand up guy, I'm my opinion none of this should have been aired on this forum without all the facts. Way too much negative comments without supporting facts. Dave. P. S. Yes, I have been guilty if the same thing, hopefully, I won't be in the future.

Old Post 01-08-2019 01:54 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

The facts may not have all been stated at first but the fact is that some will not let others ride with them no matter the circumstances $#@%/÷# sportsmanship IMO these people need to stick to pleasure hunting if they do not have it in them to practice good sportsmanship we have no place for them . In reality you should go out of your way to help each other you never know when you yourself may need it. Public forum is exactly where it needs addressed.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 01-08-2019 02:04 AM
JAH
Banned

Giving or not giving a ride has nothing to do with sportsmanship.That is just a convenience. I won't give anyone a ride either.Nor would I accept a ride if I was offered a ride.I'll help you find your coon.Help you find and or catch your dog if need be.But that is about all I'll do.Don't expect me to chit chat either.I'm not there to be a taxi driver or be your friend.I'm there for one reason and that is to hunt.Nothing more nothing less.Anyone that don't like that oh well don't matter to me

Old Post 01-08-2019 02:35 AM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by JAH
Giving or not giving a ride has nothing to do with sportsmanship.That is just a convenience. I won't give anyone a ride either.Nor would I accept a ride if I was offered a ride.I'll help you find your coon.Help you find and or catch your dog if need be.But that is about all I'll do.Don't expect me to chit chat either.I'm not there to be a taxi driver or be your friend.I'm there for one reason and that is to hunt.Nothing more nothing less.Anyone that don't like that oh well don't matter to me

Wow not a very nice guy. Most people with an attitude like that aren't packing enough power. There is another hunt just about any night but Sunday. You can go to win and still have a good time and be a true sportsman no need to be an a$$.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 01-08-2019 02:43 AM
JAH
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Wow not a very nice guy. Most people with an attitude like that aren't packing enough power. There is another hunt just about any night but Sunday. You can go to win and still have a good time and be a true sportsman no need to be an a$$.

If or when I go to a hunt I have enough dog power to win or place close to the top.If I don't think my dog has what it takes to win I save the entry fee and just don't go.You and others do things your way and I'll do things my way.

Old Post 01-08-2019 02:50 AM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Opinions are just that, someone's opinion! While myself and many others willingly give rides and go out of our way to make the hunts better, we can not expect everyone to do the same. I don't agree with those who won't give rides , but that is their choice and like it or not, it is what it is. I would rather quit hunting than to be like that, but it is their choice and one should not expect different. I know all about riding together to save expenses, etc, but it's taking a chance that some will not get a ride due to distance from club, etc. One can not demand good sportsmanship, that's something a person has or has not and is freely given by choice. Public condemnation of those of a different opinion is self serving at best and does not do our sport any good. Do we have to like those of different opinions or ways contrary to ours? No, but they should not be attacked for their honesty in the way they feel. Dave

Old Post 01-08-2019 03:16 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote