UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > If you have to deny a ride to thin the competition you need to find a better dog.
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rip
UKC Forum Member

If you have to deny a ride to thin the competition you need to find a better dog.

In all my years of competition hunting I have never seen this happen. I have always given a ride to people.

I realize that there is no requirement, no rule that you give someone a ride but when you go to a big hunt there are people that need rides because two or three with come in the same truck. Because I know this can happen I always drive but I am that way. Tonight my handler didn't get to hunt at the Grand American because not one of the other three cast members was willing to give him a ride.

Until tonight I never knew of a cast that at least one of the three others were not willing to give a ride but tonight three other "hunters" and I use that term loosely got rid of one of the competition by all three refusing a ride then saying "we are leaving now" to keep him from arranging transportation by having his buddy to get a ride and him drive.

That's pretty sorry IMO. It just shows their lack of dog power.

Before anyone thinks it was anything else, it wasn't. It was 100% done to eliminate a dog from the cast it wasn't because they couldn't it was a cut throat measure.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-06-2019 02:42 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Rip always known you to be a strait shooter sorry to hear this !

Tar

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:02 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I don't think needing a better dog is their biggest problem.

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:09 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Rip always known you to be a strait shooter sorry to hear this !

Tar

Tar really nobody to blame but myself. If I had wanted to be sure that he hunted I should have rented him a truck. Just never thought all three would do that. I never seen it before. Now I have seen where only one dude drove out of all four and it was tough to figure out how to get all 4 to the woods but never seen three people on the same cast all say "no I ain't giving you a ride".

Heck it didn't matter to me really they were hunting an old, out of shape hound with little or no chance of winning due to being 9 years old and looking like a barrel on sticks cause he's so fat it's just they way they did it that riles me.

Heck it wasn't even my idea to put the old fart in it but them young boys that hunt dogs for me like him and wanted him to hunt one more Grand American cause they have had fun with him there in the past.

Next year I'll make sure both of them have their own vehicles.

It just stinks that people would do something like that just to help their chances of winning a hunt.

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:11 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
natnicegg
UKC Forum Member

It's amazing the things that people will do now days. Never hurts to treat people nice, some don't see it that way I reckon.

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:28 AM
natnicegg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for natnicegg Click here to Send natnicegg a Private Message Click Here to Email natnicegg Find more posts by natnicegg Add natnicegg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Did you go in there and talk to the bossman if he listens to me he should listen to you.

Tar

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:29 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

ISN'T THERE SOME RULE ABOUT UNSPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT ETC.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:33 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Chris Strandrige is the handler this happened to, he is a great guy and a good friend of mine, he is a blast to go hunting with and usually has a pretty good dog , He took off work and had a hard time getting the day off to get treated like crap at this hunt , What happened to the day's when UKC would say find him a ride or no one leaves, Chris will proubally not get on here and say anything , he will just laugh about it thats just the kind of Guy he is . Tonight at my club there were a lot of hunters both pleasure and competition that were mad about this and they are planning a boycott. I dont know you personally RIP but rest assured you have a good guy for a handler.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Last edited by wjoey on 01-07-2019 at 12:59 AM

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:36 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Did you go in there and talk to the bossman if he listens to me he should listen to you.

Tar

No I wasn't there. I'm fat and old I let the young boys handle my hounds when they go to town LOL.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway. There is no rule that would force a competitor to take you to the woods nor would I want one. It is 100% up to the good graces of those you draw.

I just never thought fellow houndsmen would do this, not all three. Maybe one but not three.

Heck we are the only sport where the judge is also a competitor and in good spirit of competition we are expected to be fair even though our dog is involved.

I always felt our sport was different, that we had more of a kinship of following hounds.

Obvously I and many others do but some will win at all costs, and occasionally three of them will be on the same cast LOL.

I bet that cast had problems all night if I was a bettin man.

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:37 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Chris is the handler this happened to, he is a great guy and a good friend of mine, he is a blast to go hunting with and usually has a pretty good dog , He took off work and had a hard time getting the day off to get treated like crap at this hunt , What happened to the day's when UKC would say find him a ride or no one leaves, Chris will proubally not get on here and say anything , he will just laugh about it thats just the kind of Guy he is . Tonight at my club there were a lot of hunters both pleasure and competition that were mad about this and they are planning a boycott. I dont know you personally RIP but rest assured you have a good guy for a handler. If a club cant handle 50 cast without over a 2 hour drive they dont need a hunt this big!!!!

Yep me and Chris get along pretty good. He just finished a young dog out to NtCh for me. I wanted him to take him instead of the old fart but he likes Max pretty good. Of course Max paid him back by backing on a grinner while leading the cast last night LOL.

All that aside Chris was more upset tonight than I have ever seen him. He was tore up because he never thought they would be that blunt and do him that way and not even give him a chance to work something else out.

You know Chris he is usually as laid back as anybody but he was HOT tonight LOL.

I just told him next year I would make sure he had a local rental available if needed.

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:49 AM
wjoey
Banned

Link to Chris pulling into the Grand American so you'll get to know him a little

https://www.facebook.com/chris.stan...44378152260090/

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:56 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

something else they made him do lol

https://www.facebook.com/chris.stan...44400648924507/

chris is bad https://www.facebook.com/waterfowlL...c1MzQyMjIwMzcx/

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Last edited by wjoey on 01-06-2019 at 04:10 AM

Old Post 01-06-2019 04:01 AM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I have never heard of such a thing. Love to see the names of the handlers that refused a ride posted.
Sorry to hear about this Rip.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-06-2019 04:22 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Jacobs
Banned

That's why you drive, bad sportsmanship or not, it's not Ukc's job or the other handlers job to make sure you got a ride. Pretty crappy on the other handlers, but you gonna be disappointed alot if you think you can rely on very many coonhunters.

Old Post 01-06-2019 04:46 AM
Jack Jacobs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Jacobs Click here to Send Jack Jacobs a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Jacobs Add Jack Jacobs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Jacobs
That's why you drive, bad sportsmanship or not, it's not Ukc's job or the other handlers job to make sure you got a ride. Pretty crappy on the other handlers, but you gonna be disappointed alot if you think you can rely on very many coonhunters.

Well like I said I always drive but I have never seen this and I been competition hunting since 1989. Just never seen this blatant disregard for a fellow competitor and blatant getting rid of the competition.

It is on us no doubt because my handler was dependent on the good graces of fellow hunters, but he never expected three jerks in one cast.

Its just another lesson.

Old Post 01-06-2019 04:51 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Another why people quit going to hunts and just stay home and pleasure hunt! Whoever these cast members are I wish them mountains, mud to your waist, rain, briars, possums and missed deadlines. The only thing I do wish positive is that eventual you arrive back safely.
I should have said this back in August but will now. Thank you to the guy that loaned his truck to Cheyenne's cast and the slam hunt before Autumn Oaks. All the cast had rode over to that club with someone else and upon drawing out they were completely afoot, someone was kind enough to send their truck with strangers so they could get to the woods. That is sportsmanship above and beyond!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-06-2019 05:41 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I had this same thing happen to me at the Grand American afew years ago. It was a local guy, I paid a guide tthat night to haul me and another cast member. he wasn't a coon hunter so he didn't have a box and he had a single cab truck n his woman was with him so we sat in the bed n held our dogs in the rain for a 30min ride. The other cast member had a quad cab truck but didn't have room, but it was his truck n his rules I reckon. I haven't been back since. There's more to the story, but it was one of those cast where it was just less painful to just withdraw, the other two cast members came out of the woods with a nice score and were all of a sudden buddies and magically there was room for the other cast member a ride back lol.

And RIP, it's probably a good thing you buddy didn't get to go, if they act like that over giving a fellow hunter a ride, I'd say I'd been two hours of complete misery on that cast.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Last edited by jkidd1 on 01-06-2019 at 07:44 AM

Old Post 01-06-2019 07:35 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

RIP

Doc, that is about as low as one can get! I hate to hear something like this, it gives us ALL a black eye. Sorry that something like this happened to you and your handler, both really nice guys. Dave

Old Post 01-06-2019 08:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Sorry this happened, calling these 3 out won’t be that hard if you know your cast number? Also no need to boycott Orangburg or blame UKC it’s not there fault. If I would had known this I could had provided you with a truck.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-06-2019 12:24 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Stinnett
UKC Forum Member

Its sucks for sure!

Gotta tell you that is just the way some folks are now days!

I hate that people are like that.

Coon Hounds
Lake Village, IN
Cell: 219-712-4281
Email:jstinnett@upgen.us

*******HOME OF**********

PCH.GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN SKEETER - BEAGLE
PCH. GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN TRIXIE - BEAGLE
STYLISH BO - TREEING WALKER
CH.S&S BLUE BONNIE - BLUETICK
SPORTMIX DOG FOOD FED & RECOMMENED

Old Post 01-06-2019 01:00 PM
Jim Stinnett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Stinnett Click here to Send Jim Stinnett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Stinnett Visit Jim Stinnett's homepage! Find more posts by Jim Stinnett Add Jim Stinnett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grntinokla
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Jacobs

I agree,this is why I try to drive,but I completely disagree on not being able to rely on coonhunters.I've been around the hunts since the late 70's and I have seen way more like the one Redneck Mafia told about than these guys.This is a pretty sad situation,but I can't think when hunters at a hunt weren't bending over backwards trying to find everyone a ride that needed it.

Old Post 01-06-2019 02:03 PM
grntinokla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grntinokla Click here to Send grntinokla a Private Message Find more posts by grntinokla Add grntinokla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Never had it happen to me buuuuut I am usually the one that furnishes the transportation for everybody unless they want to take their own most pickups seat 4 people easily.

Tar

Old Post 01-06-2019 02:11 PM
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

Learn this lesson a few years ago at walker days if you don't drive your taking a gamble.Its one of the new rules find a way to rid of of the competition. There was a thread on this before.

Old Post 01-06-2019 02:16 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Very sorry this happened to you Rip.

Old Post 01-06-2019 02:39 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

rip

Sorry to hear about what happened some people are just a******s. Last year in an RQE i rode with the guide/judge long story short two dogs took minus points on the last tree and i won my cast the judge/guide led the cast out of the woods the wrong way we came out on the wrong road and had to walk a long ways to the truck then he drove slow back to my truck i missed the dead line lesson learned always drive and always mark the truck i have not been to another comp hunt.

Old Post 01-06-2019 03:04 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote