UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Another thought to Ponder.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Wrong post

Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-25-2018 09:59 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

That's certainly a test for both dog and man. Lol. Personally, I have done more than my share of such hunting, just a little smarter nowadays. I enjoy hunting when the leaves are off and the weather is bearable with no snakes ticks, or poison vine. With the leaves off, the dogs get the points they deserve, whether it be plus or minus, very few circle points. The objective is to tree coons and not to punish the dogs or hunters. There are enough spring and fall hunts to suit me these days and I just love winter hunting. J. S. Dave

Old Post 12-25-2018 10:10 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Almost any STYLE of dog that you like to hunt can be found in the walker breed. The other breeds, as a WHOLE, are more limited in performance style. Not saying that there are not good dogs in every breed, because there are, but GOOD is subjective to your preferred style.

Old Post 12-25-2018 11:16 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Pondering

Its a matter of timing and the situation. The odds are greater when theres more out there looking.

Old Post 12-25-2018 11:53 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

In any breed !!

Find an old boy that's bred , raised and trained and titled his own dogs for 4 or 5 generations and you will see dogs that will just about suit anybody anywhere.

Jmo
Tar

Old Post 12-25-2018 11:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You may be right, or you might just get the kind of dog that suits that ole boy. Hunt with his dog/s and see if you like how they operate. Dave

Old Post 12-26-2018 12:14 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

The biggest reason why I invite you or anyone to come and hunt is to showcase our dogs and due to circumstances beyond our control, neither myself or my hunting partner can get away for a hunting trip. My hunting partners wife is seriously ill and requires 24 hour care and myself, I am tied up with my horses. We can and do hunt a few hours almost every night except Sunday, but overnight trips are impossible for both of us. I feed and water horses morning and evenings , I can hunt at night. My hunting partners daughter cares for his wife, so he can hunt a few hours at night. We both have made numerous hunting trips over the years, but things have changed the last couple of years that prevent this, I wish it was different. I can provide help to feed/water my horses, but my hunting partners situation is the biggest problem to getting away. Trust me, it's not the competition that bother us. Nuff said! Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 12-26-2018 at 01:33 AM

Old Post 12-26-2018 01:29 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dave did you know the man over in rutledge, TN that had about a hundred acre coon pen several years ago. Think he should be about a hour west of you. Can't remember his name right now.

Old Post 12-26-2018 02:16 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conke

No, I did not know him. Sorry. Dave

Old Post 12-26-2018 06:10 AM