UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Peterhunts101 what is your Hunting Experience?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Peterhunts101 what is your Hunting Experience?

Always want to learn what draws someone to Coon Hunting. Apparently you are a young person and coon hunting has caught your eye. Were you raised in the Palm Beach area and what other Hunting Experiences do you have?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2018 12:49 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

It’s funny about seven or 8 years ago on a trip up north I spotted a loose coon dog running around and it was clear he had been abandoned , couldn’t bring the dog home cause we already had a couple dogs, but I fell in love with coon dogs. I started reading about em and when I found out what they were used for I thought it was the coolest thing. My parents never let me hunt though cause they’re more city folk sadly, so i never got one. But now that I can drive I figured I’d really be able to finally get into it so I’ve been researching it a ton and hanging on the forums, I’ll probably spectate a hunt in a month near me. But yea I grew up around PBC, never got to hunt but I couldn’t think of a name so I figured once I have hunted the name would make sense i don’t know it’s stupid lol, but yea that’s about it I just really wanna coon hunt

Old Post 12-22-2018 01:11 PM
Peterhunts101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterhunts101 Click here to Send Peterhunts101 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterhunts101 Add Peterhunts101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

If your ever in ky I’d be happy to take you along.

Old Post 12-22-2018 05:49 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Same here, if you ever pass tru NC give me a call, number is below.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-22-2018 06:00 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

That’d be awesome thanks Jason, don’t go up to ky a lot but you never know. Nite hunter what part of N.C. are you in? Where is Newton? I go up to N.C. every year normally, am heading up there now actually

Old Post 12-22-2018 07:43 PM
Peterhunts101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Peterhunts101 Click here to Send Peterhunts101 a Private Message Find more posts by Peterhunts101 Add Peterhunts101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Peterhunts101
That’d be awesome thanks Jason, don’t go up to ky a lot but you never know. Nite hunter what part of N.C. are you in? Where is Newton? I go up to N.C. every year normally, am heading up there now actually

I’m in Oklahoma till January, Newton is off i40 between Statesville an Hickory.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-22-2018 09:33 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Peterhunts101

My door is always open, come for a hunt anytime. I live approx 30 miles west of Bristol Tn, where hold NASCAR races. Dave

Old Post 12-22-2018 09:48 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Nite hunter thats not too far, probably a few hours to the east. Maybe next year when I’m up this way again. Dave thanks I’m going up to celebrate Christmas with family so probably won’t be able to drive real far or anything but thank you. Swamp I’m in the extreme southwest part of nc so that’s a ways away from me but thank you for the invitation that means a lot. Like I said I’m really up there to celebrate Christmas with family, only up there for a week or so so I can’t really do too much, but that invitation means a lot I’m sure that would be amazing, all you guys are the best your invitations mean a lot

Old Post 12-23-2018 12:55 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Peterhunts101

You are welcome and I understand your situation. If you don't find something , I will keep you in mind if a decent dog turns up for sale. Dave

Old Post 12-23-2018 01:16 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Mckinney
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Nite hunter thats not too far, probably a few hours to the east. Maybe next year when I’m up this way again. Dave thanks I’m going up to celebrate Christmas with family so probably won’t be able to drive real far or anything but thank you. Swamp I’m in the extreme southwest part of nc so that’s a ways away from me but thank you for the invitation that means a lot. Like I said I’m really up there to celebrate Christmas with family, only up there for a week or so so I can’t really do too much, but that invitation means a lot I’m sure that would be amazing, all you guys are the best your invitations mean a lot
what county?

Old Post 12-23-2018 01:29 AM
Mike Mckinney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Mckinney Click here to Send Mike Mckinney a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Mckinney Find more posts by Mike Mckinney Add Mike Mckinney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Mike

It’s clay county I believe

Old Post 12-23-2018 12:47 PM
John Porter
UKC Forum Member

Clay County

Peterhunts101, if you up this way, holler at me. I will meet you and take you out hunting, I am in Cherokee County .

Old Post 12-23-2018 04:11 PM
John Porter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Porter Click here to Send John Porter a Private Message Click Here to Email John Porter Find more posts by John Porter Add John Porter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

John

That’s actually not too far, I doubt I’d be able to make it this trip but maybe next year cause you’re pretty close thanks

Old Post 12-23-2018 10:51 PM
John Porter
UKC Forum Member

Re: John

quote:
That’s actually not too far, I doubt I’d be able to make it this trip but maybe next year cause you’re pretty close thanks

Any time you make it up just yell to me

Old Post 12-23-2018 11:37 PM
John Porter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Porter Click here to Send John Porter a Private Message Click Here to Email John Porter Find more posts by John Porter Add John Porter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

John thanks for sure. Dave sorry didn’t see your post but thank you for keeping an eye out I’m planning on trying to find a dog in January after i spectate a hunt. But yea I have a feeling I’m gonna have trouble finding a dog, I’ve been browsing the classifieds and I don’t think I’ve found one dog yet for sale in Florida lol, I don’t know if I’ll even be able to im a little nervous

Old Post 12-24-2018 01:54 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
John thanks for sure. Dave sorry didn’t see your post but thank you for keeping an eye out I’m planning on trying to find a dog in January after i spectate a hunt. But yea I have a feeling I’m gonna have trouble finding a dog, I’ve been browsing the classifieds and I don’t think I’ve found one dog yet for sale in Florida lol, I don’t know if I’ll even be able to im a little nervous

There are people who deliver dogs nation wide idk the cost but from here to PA or about anywhere else $285.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-24-2018 02:26 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:

Beware, try before you Buy . Some folks out to get'cha.

Old Post 12-24-2018 03:00 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Yea what swamp said i don’t know if I wanna just have a dog delivered, I wanna see him in action before I buy him.

Old Post 12-24-2018 03:01 AM
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Smart

quote:
Yea what swamp said i don’t know if I wanna just have a dog delivered, I wanna see him in action before I buy him.

Your pretty smart already, probably going to do well.

I wouldn't get in a hurry buying a dog. Hunting in Florida can be rough from what I hear. Better make sure you really like it.
There is a guy in Florida that hunts Redbones, he stopped in at our club in Marshall IL (Passing Thru to go visit family up north). I can't recall his name now, but I'll figure it out and let you know. Seemed like a real good guy.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 12-24-2018 03:30 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Darrin

Yea for sure thanks

Old Post 12-24-2018 01:07 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

jdgher was his name Earl Bellamore? If so he about 2.5 hours north of Peterhunts 101 straight up I95.

Old Post 12-24-2018 01:31 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peterhunts101
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

That’s actually the contact name for the hunt on the 26th in Scottsmoor Florida, which is only a couple hours away from me. I figured I’d give him a call after the first of the year but it could be him then

Old Post 12-24-2018 03:03 PM
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

I figured it out

Tim Trone Havana Florida. Goes by Tim Trone on here. I don't know if thats close to you or not.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 12-24-2018 03:55 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

quad cities

Doubt you ever get to the quad cities,its on the iowa Illinois border but if you do would gladly put you in the timber.

Old Post 12-24-2018 04:45 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The scottsmore club has ukc and pkc hunts. Bunch of good guys there. Pretty nice hounds also.

Old Post 12-24-2018 05:36 PM