UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New Hunt Format - (re:slams) Will Clubs Survive ?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

He is going to sell the Winnie baygo and donate the proceeds to the world hunt purse !!

Tarbaby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:10 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, a small coon club is a business now? What have we come to? Why does a club have to show a profit? OPERATE? What does a coon club opereate? There are still some big UKC clubs but the majority of them have 5-15 members and 10-20 dogs show up to their hunts. Do you really think that they are a big business? Tarbaby kept his club going with money out of his own pocket for years. I donate $20 to my club every time they have a hunt.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-19-2018 at 07:22 PM

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:11 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

The Winnie Baygo could be a mobile coonclub. Have a hunt every weekend somewhere different. Even got a kitchen and bathroom. Unisex at that.

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:18 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Coon clubs, are most of them if not all classified as a NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION?

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:20 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

With the proceeds of Allens snowmobile and the Winnie baygo we could possibly have a $100,000 world hunt !!

Tar

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

All right Tarbaby, that is another excellant idea. Three or four clubs could go together, buy one and move it to their area for each hunt. And they could rent it out when they weren't using it to offset costs. That Tarbaby has been on a roll lately.

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:26 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Why buy one when you've got one. Said you aren't used to making a profit. Cover up the handicapped sign on the Winnie Baygo and put Mobile coonclub. just saying

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:32 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The 2 clubs that I go to both have a clubhouse that was built by the members mostly from lumber and materials donated by the members. Since they aren't 10 yr old boys any more they used 2x4's and glass windows and have toilets and electricity, but the principals are the same. Oh yeah, one of them does have a dirt/gravel floor. p

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-19-2018 at 07:45 PM

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:41 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Richard I'm disappointed in you. Not even a good argument left in you. Guess Tarbaby got you whipped.

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:45 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I got a state of the art fair building and it is free !! But lack of interest causes us to loose money every hunt got a pound hunt January 5th going to have about 50 hunters you tell me what's wrong !!

Tar

Old Post 12-19-2018 07:45 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, you are the problem. If you have 50 hunters in your area and you can't convince 30 of them that attending comp hunts and hunting in them can be fun and rewarding then you definitely have a problem. Quit trying to blame everything on UKC. Just look in the mirror and ask yourself why you do it. It sounds like you need to give a little speech on Jan 5th. You have 3 weeks to write it. Maybe since you think that UKC is responsible for everything, you can get Mr Gingerich to write one for you.

All right Mr River, how was that?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-19-2018 at 08:38 PM

Old Post 12-19-2018 08:34 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Richard oh whatever !! I took the blame all i am going to !! If you want Mexican food you don't go to Pizza Hut to get it you should understand that. If they don't want it they don't want it !!

Tar

Old Post 12-19-2018 08:41 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby, you are the problem. If you have 50 hunters in your area and you can't convince 30 of them that attending comp hunts and hunting in them can be fun and rewarding then you definitely have a problem. Quit trying to blame everything on UKC. Just look in the mirror and ask yourself why you do it. It sounds like you need to give a little speech on Jan 5th. You have 3 weeks to write it. Maybe since you think that UKC is responsible for everything, you can get Mr Gingerich to write one for you.

All right Mr River, how was that?

I would pay good $ to be Tarbaby's official speech writer. People would see that miracles can happen. lol.

Old Post 12-19-2018 09:19 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Allen you got beat out Tim Osborn will be here Saturday night to go hunting he is going to coach me. I have even begged if you can imagine that.

Tar

Old Post 12-19-2018 09:30 PM
bones
UKC Forum Member

What is wrong with just breaking even at or just keeping enough to pay all the bills. Trophies,paperwork food, is all we buy for the club and the last two years we have had trophies returned and reused. The hunt test even bring in money and they are even more competative then you would think , for us old guys anyway

Old Post 12-19-2018 09:48 PM
bones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bones Click here to Send bones a Private Message Click Here to Email bones Find more posts by bones Add bones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Very good Mr. Lambert but you have a little brown spot on your nose.

Old Post 12-19-2018 09:49 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
If they don't want it they don't want it !!
Tar

Tarbaby, they are young coonhunters. They have no idea what they want. You have to tell them. It is all about Peer Pressure. It sounds at times that they are telling you and you are listening. You keep talking about doing something. Well it is time to actually do something. You will have a captive audience of around 50 actual coonhunters. And UKC/Allen has actually offered to help you. Sounds like it is time to stop talking and start walking. Now if you could just get a pretty girl comp hunter like Jen to stand by your side.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-19-2018 at 10:07 PM

Old Post 12-19-2018 10:02 PM
yadkintar
Banned

We will see after Jan 1rst it might change. They got a free building to have it in that's the best I can do old tar has the keys. But they got to do the rest.

Tar tired

Old Post 12-19-2018 10:06 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What a defeatist attitude. You are beat before you start. I see now what the problem is. Now I see why you keep ranting about someone from UKC coming down to do something.

All right Mr River was that too much? Should I quit now? I have wore him out.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-19-2018 at 10:13 PM

Old Post 12-19-2018 10:10 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Nope not defeated but since I have joined the ranks of only getting paid once a month I can't take money out of my own pocket anymore. If they don't want it bad enough to raise the money to get it going then I don't know what to tell them I furnish them a building that anybody would be proud of that's my contribution. And I ain't setting at the club by myself no more lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-19-2018 10:19 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bones

Real good posts, I was an officer in my Club for years, we made enough money to buy truck loads of coons for restocking, back when we paid 30.00 per coon and haul bill. My club held Turkey shoots all fall, every Sat. Night, sure we didn't get to hunt that night, but we made money for the Club. We donated 500.00 to the Volunteer fire dept. And helped out in the community. The whole community supported us. Granted out of 30/40 members only 8/10 done most of the work, but we ALLL benefited. Clubs cannot expect to make money just on coonhunts, they ALL need fund raisers and be a helping hand to the local community. If you aren't getting support from the local community, then you aren't doing things right. Little Clubs popping up for the sole benefit of a few to make their dogs Champions are the problem these days, they only have a few members and don't care if they make a profit, just put wins on their dogs, one shuts down another opens. Long term success takes work and dedicated members. Jen Cummings posted ways their Club is so successful Clubs struggling need to converse with Jen, she will give you some excellent information. Many new businesses FAIL within the first year and the numbers grow higher within the next few years, however, the success goes up with time. A club needs to focus on staying in business over the long run, look for ways to increase your revenue and help the community. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 12-20-2018 at 01:05 AM

Old Post 12-19-2018 10:21 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Richard ,

I know u hunt redbones but do you even know how to balance a check book?

Old Post 12-19-2018 10:42 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I don't have the education that some of y'all have. My wife balances my check book.

Old Post 12-19-2018 11:10 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

I am highly educated, but my wife balances our check book. Dave

Old Post 12-20-2018 01:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Allen
John B. Dalton you just might have struck a nerve there son , the 3 guys I hunted with last night love to coon hunt and I mean Love it! But one or 2 bad comp hunt experiences 20-30 years ago and they will not even go spectate with me to a comp hunt. Now they will go to a big coon contest etc. Maybe something for Shriners or St Judes but that is it.
Mr.Chuck ..Didnt mean to strike a nerve just observations..If it takes just pleasure hunting to keep our sport growing to keep kids out of all the mess that is out there for them to do nowadays so be it..We have very few guys still trying to hunt here where i live but have a list of guys and gals that want to go after deer dog season..We may take 15-50 newbies after the season if just a few will catch the bug it will be worth it..And honestly it is a nasty bug but a great one

Old Post 12-20-2018 01:37 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote