UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Weeknight Hunts????
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigHoss77
UKC Forum Member

Weeknight Hunts????

I'm curious as to if UKC has any plans of making a move to start allowing clubs to have weeknight hunts or if this already allowed? I'm just curious, I know I would Hunt a lot more if they were throughout the week like other registries. It's hard for me to find time to go a lot of weekends, I sure wish there were weeknight options besides the few slams at some of the bigger hunts.

UKC & ACHA NiteCh' Pr' Slippery Creek Rag's Boozer

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-16-2018 08:29 PM
BigHoss77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigHoss77 Click here to Send BigHoss77 a Private Message Find more posts by BigHoss77 Add BigHoss77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

No

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-16-2018 08:34 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: Weeknight Hunts????

quote:
Originally posted by BigHoss77
I'm curious as to if UKC has any plans of making a move to start allowing clubs to have weeknight hunts or if this already allowed? I'm just curious, I know I would Hunt a lot more if they were throughout the week like other registries. It's hard for me to find time to go a lot of weekends, I sure wish there were weeknight options besides the few slams at some of the bigger hunts.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT THIS ...???

Old Post 12-16-2018 10:30 PM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Weeknight Hunts????

Why? Because people have demanding careers without many weekends off, so when I get one , I am going to spend it with my family. Not really a difference in two cast on a Saturday night or a Monday night.

I do not believe that UKC should have thirty weeknight hunts a months in a state , but four a month per state would be great for everyone especially with the new format.

Hunted a few weeknight $ hunts, drew out with Platinum , silver ,champions and Grands every time, so the competition is there during the week.

Old Post 12-16-2018 10:47 PM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

UKC is set to please the retired and the straight day workers. They could care less about the $$$ they are missing from the shift workers with only 2 weekends a month off. That's why I hunt the other if I want to competition hunt it's a 1hr weekday hunt..

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Old Post 12-16-2018 11:00 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pak1971
Banned

Ukc dont make you pick a career though. I worked all of it and missed out, but I didnt think ukc was catering to anyone

Old Post 12-17-2018 02:13 AM
Pak1971 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pak1971 Click here to Send Pak1971 a Private Message Find more posts by Pak1971 Add Pak1971 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

UKC went to 1 hour hunts so why not allow week days for shift workers????

PKC CH Byers Boogar Hollow D
( Mojo On Tap X Midnight Fly )

Last edited by MR.RATMAN on 12-17-2018 at 06:53 PM

Old Post 12-17-2018 06:44 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pak1971
Banned

Why? Call ukc and ask them. I know our club wouldnt hold weeknight ukc hunts, cant draw enough to justify a weekend hunt really. Now pkc, we get a decent crowd.

Old Post 12-17-2018 07:00 PM
Pak1971 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pak1971 Click here to Send Pak1971 a Private Message Find more posts by Pak1971 Add Pak1971 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pak1971
Why? Call ukc and ask them. I know our club wouldnt hold weeknight ukc hunts, cant draw enough to justify a weekend hunt really. Now pkc, we get a decent crowd.

And, PKC, you draw a decent crowd. Are they weekend or weeknights?

Old Post 12-18-2018 05:47 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pak1971
Banned

Both weekend and weeknights. Will have 15 to 20 hunt a pkc weeknight hunt ,and usually 25 on weekend. Ukc we draw enough for 2 open casts and a ntch cast.

Old Post 12-18-2018 02:14 PM
Pak1971
Banned

And one registry isn't pushed harder than another, we just open the doors and provide the hunt.

Old Post 12-18-2018 02:28 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Don’t knock weeknight idea. May grab some of us $kc hunters there.

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:27 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Good club

quote:
Originally posted by Pak1971
Both weekend and weeknights. Will have 15 to 20 hunt a pkc weeknight hunt ,and usually 25 on weekend. Ukc we draw enough for 2 open casts and a ntch cast.

What club is this?

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:59 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my googness, you just open the doors and 15-20 PKC hunters show up at all of your hunts? You must have a lot of hunters in your area.

Old Post 12-18-2018 04:18 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdc
UKC Forum Member

I don't see a problem with week night hunts if they put a limit on them. Might allow someone who works weekends to attend some hunts. A 1 hour hunt on Sat night is no different than a 1hour hunt on Wed night.

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 12-18-2018 04:38 PM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pak1971
Banned

Yes Richard they do, that's what keeps the clubhouse doors open. Do you have a issue with a guys hunting what they prefer?

Old Post 12-18-2018 06:46 PM
Pak1971
Banned

I dont care how many hunts or when they are anyone has, as long as the club can make a little cash. But to open the doors to lose money, nope. To bad.

Old Post 12-18-2018 07:00 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Not at all. That is the great thing about this country. You are free to make your own choices. There just aren't many places that regularly draw 20 PKC hunters to a regular hunt. Actually I just looked in the magazine and there were only 2 clubs in New York and 1 in Indiana that drew 20 hunters in the month of August.

Old Post 12-18-2018 07:23 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pak1971
Banned

Good thing we dont have hunts when it's hot and not many attend. Gotta be smart about scheduling if you want attendance, whether its during times when people dont hunt cause the heat, Feb snows, or what other events are going on.

Old Post 12-18-2018 07:30 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Quality vs quantity, there is another idea clubs should look at.

Old Post 12-18-2018 07:39 PM
RRILEY
UKC Forum Member

99% of the hunting I do is PKC. The only UKC hunt I have been in over the past 4-5 years was the 2017 UKC World Hunt. 90% of the PKC hunts I hunt in are on the weeknights. I spend the weekends with my family. If UKC started having weeknight hunts I would def hit some of their hunts. I think it’s a great idea.

UKC Performance Sire
Ukc #1 Top Reproducers List
PKC Top 5 both spring and fall Super Stake Sire

NtCh PKC Silver Ch Southern Miss Heat
( Moe x Tree Slammin Trixie )
4th Place 2017 UKC World Hunt

Last edited by RRILEY on 12-21-2018 at 02:47 AM

Old Post 12-19-2018 02:47 AM
RRILEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRILEY Click here to Send RRILEY a Private Message Click Here to Email RRILEY Find more posts by RRILEY Add RRILEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

In favor of weeknight hunts too

I work six days a week. Combine that with my kids playing sports on the weekends with baseball, football, etc., and it makes it very tough to attend weekend hunts. Matter of fact, the last hunt I attended was due to a high school football game being rescheduled on Thursday due to the possibility of inclement weather forecasts for Friday.

I would definitely attend one hour UKC hunts through the week especially when it isn't during the heat of summer.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Old Post 12-19-2018 04:34 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Quality vs quantity, there is another idea clubs should look at.

Bingo. A good club with quality guides and a good kitchen makes for a lot of repeat business.

Old Post 12-20-2018 04:48 AM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Re: Good club

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
What club is this?

Yeah, what club is this?

Old Post 12-20-2018 11:43 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

In the past, UKC hunts were an all afternoon event. You loaded up your family and headed to the clubhouse where you hung out, watched the bench show, field trial, treeing contest and visited with your buddies. You couldn't do that on a weeknight. With the advent of PKC hunts it became all about the money. You show up 10 minutes before deadline, pay your money and head to the woods. That is what the weeknight 1 hr hunts have led to. You don't even need a clubhouse, just a small parking lot a folding table and a chair. I have even seen "clubs" run off of the tailgate of a pick up truck. Is that what y'all want? Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

Old Post 12-20-2018 02:03 PM