UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Money, Money, Money
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wjoey
Banned

To me its not about the money but I do hunt more PKC than UKC because week night hunts and only 1 hour usually Im busy on the weekends if UKC would allow week night hunts you would see a big change in the numbers, like Richard and bruce know there is no profitability in the week night hunts but there fun.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2018 01:44 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
...... I had a bunch of guys wanting me to open this club back up but they wanted updated rules and $$$$. When I told them it wasn't going to happen they just said well there is a $$$$ kc right here that has those things we asked ukc for. So you see ukc in a sense is sending them away because they refuse to listen to them. Takes a different type dog down here but we have to play by the rules the nothern patch hunters want. Hopefully what changes they have made with create enough interest to keep some younger hunters interested. But be carefull turn them away and it won't take much ..............
Tar

Maybe UKC doesn't want guys that are only in it for the money. They want hunters that hunt for personal satisfaction and the love of the hunt. They don't want handlers that will dope their dogs and do anything to win that money.

Old Post 12-11-2018 01:49 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Maybe that's why UKCs attendance #s are where they are..

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:05 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Brother Richard.

I think they want their coffee and donuts and peace and quiet ! And when they want some excitement they watch you and me debate !

Tar

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:05 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris.S
UKC Forum Member

To give some perspective when I started hunting in night hunts the cast were 3hrs long...

With that said, I've managed to make the finals of a few hunts with a significant amount of $$$ on the line. Believe me when I tell you that the deeper you go, the more at stake, the better the sportsmanship.

THEE ABSOLUTE WORSE cast I've had was were when there was nothing more than a trophy on the line.

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:11 PM
Chris.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris.S Click here to Send Chris.S a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris.S Find more posts by Chris.S Add Chris.S to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Maybe UKC doesn't want guys that are only in it for the money. They want hunters that hunt for personal satisfaction and the love of the hunt.
UKC wants paying customers for their services and they definitely want personal satisfaction and love of the hunt guys, that equals no payouts..

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:12 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Yea Mr. Lambert but it hurts this old timers feeling to see his registery now hunting for money, winning without plus points and registering X bred dogs when single registering dogs seemed to take care of that. I took pride in my registration certificates. Now it seems we are just playing catchup to the ones that made us different and elite.

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:13 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

I guess my question is how many of you guys have ever hunted in the big hunts in the other kc's. ive been around a lot of them and never seen any dopeing dogs or absolute cheat to win when you get to the big hunts. all ive seen is some very professional easy to get along with guys packing a coondog. id even say that about our local hunts in the other kc's honestly ive seen more cheating and trying to screw the other guys at all cost in this club. ive been in one real argument in pkc now ukc ive argued with someone about every other hunt ive been in over nothing that even mattered. ive always asked myself why that is. is that title on your dog really worth all that arguing and doing whatever you can to minis the other guy just to make a bad name for yourself and that dog worth it. well to me its not. im not saying I wont hunt ukc hunts I always have and always will because the hunts are different there is more of a family atmosphere in ukc and I like that. but as far as no bs I hunt the others more often. I really believe ukc is trying to make some great changes and are making steps in the right direction. mainly to try and accommodate to everyone as a whole not just a small group. they have listened to us hunters and are making changes that a lot of us have wanted but still being different and unique to there own ways of doing things.

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Last edited by newport on 12-11-2018 at 02:18 PM

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:13 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
They don't want handlers that will dope their dogs and do anything to win that money.
Was it last year or the year before the half breed got caught cheating and they had to name another world champ? I've seen way more cheating for yellow paper than I have green..

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:23 PM
newport
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Was it last year or the year before the half breed got caught cheating and they had to name another world champ? I've seen way more cheating for yellow paper than I have green..

the farmer had a dag and his name was.................

Home of
PR eel river rye

Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:32 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well mr Newport me too lol. But here is one reason in the other kc's there are consequences!! You want a question you pay to put it on the card. You want to circle a slick I put a collar on it bring a panel back you get a time out. Now jack the thing that hurts me is they have their charts and graphs and meetings and if we do this or that will we make or loose money bla , bla , bla. We are running their buisness while they are tucked in bed and they won't listen to us telling them what we need to make this thing work. More wins down here is just making that title less desirable when it's at least 2 hrs between clubs. All this big money you got to go up north to get it ! To the guys down south I know several that don't even send their ukc papers in anymore and ukc is darn sure paying attention to that that's their money they are loosing.

Jmo

Tar

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:33 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Charlie Daniels Band

People get all upset and they shiver and they sweat for money (Money!)
It don't seem to make no difference which a way the wind might blow
They scrimp and they save and
They'll dig an early grave for money (Money!)
They act like maybe they can take it with 'em when they go...

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:33 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
no it wasn't the half breed.......... it was a crooked handler. Call a spade a spade

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:36 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I knew the dog didn't cheat😀 Look at all he would've won if he'd gotten away with it..

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:41 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Wasn't he one of those Pro money handlers? That is my point exactly.

Old Post 12-11-2018 02:58 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

He has got a different owner/ handler now and the dog is still winning !!

maybe the dog didn't need a pro !!

Just sayen !!

Tar

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What kind of personal satisfaction can you get from cheating to win a hunt. But if you are only hunting for money, it doesn't matter how you win it. Winning a coin toss is the same as your dog treeing the most coons.

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:05 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Everyone would like to have a little more money. I don't think that anyone would turn down a cash prize that they got for a win. But I am talking about handlers that are just "hunting for the money". I am talking about the ones who say that if their isn't a cash prize, they would not enter.

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:11 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Brother Richard !

I seen a picture of you in a big $$$ hunt in the winners circle here while back !!

What a big smile did that money not make you happy or was you faking it lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:17 PM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

I have to agree with Chris s and Newport I’ve had more bs in UKC than the others combined. Yes there are people that will cheat that is true in any and all competition. But personally I’ve had fewer problems hunting for a truck, or $20-40000.

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:21 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I know who you're talking about. The generation that done it just for personal satisfaction and just to be doing it is growing smaller daily. Most the young guys still love and enjoy it but dangle some $10k or $15k checks in their face or a truck if they hit it hard and have some luck and that's the route they take. Why not?

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:25 PM
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

The cheating started back when , Where the red fern grows . It was a competition hunt and the deadline was up . The little boy took the win after the deadline was up . So there you go . 🤔 Blame it on him and the Redbones.

Last edited by Charles Pullen on 12-11-2018 at 03:40 PM

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:36 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Pullen
The cheating started back when , Where the red fern grows . It was a competition hunt and the deadline was up . The little boy took the win after the deadline was up . So there you go . 🤔 Blame it on him and the Redbones.

that dang billy coleman was a total cheater. and he was hunting a red dog lol sry Richard

Home of
PR eel river rye

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 12-11-2018 03:41 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by newport
that dang billy coleman was a total cheater. and he was hunting a red dog lol sry Richard

When your hunting a redbone you have to do what you have to to win lol

Old Post 12-11-2018 04:57 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

But Billy didn't win. The Pro Handler with the walker dog won. Then he gave the trophy to little Billy and his Redbone because they actually treed more coons but missed the deadline because little Billy did the right thing and saved his grandpaw. Billy's grandpaw meant more to him than a trophy and all of that money. Little Billy Coleman was hunting for the money but he planned to give all of the money to his dad. He just wanted the personal satisfaction of knowing that his hound, Big Red Dan, was the World Champion. Y'all need to watch the movie again. Billy is the kind of young man that I am talking about.

I never have implied that hunting for money was wrong. If anyone wants to hunt only for the money they win, that is up to them. I was just wondering why and how many hunters were in it only for the money.

Old Post 12-11-2018 05:19 PM