UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Land required for coon hunting?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tone in

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Bourne
You train a dog from day one to come to you when you hit the tone button on the trainer.
I have never been arrested, but a misdeamner tresspassing I can afford, getting my dog back asap is priceless !! The quicker you get the dog the better, don't mess around.

This pretty much sums up the reality of it and the way I feel too.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2018 04:28 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
I have taught my dogs the tone and love it but I also have the attitude that after dark the whole world is mine thing going on. Until I have trouble then it's not always safe or fun.lol just like most I have been cursed at chased and shot at.

X2,on that. Used to I was acused of poaching all over everywhere because of that hunting style, by other hunters also .Nowdays with all these laws from watching the wild woods goat hunting TV shows any one that hunts around here is breaking some law including some of the people whos job is to enforce it that coonhunt. To many laws make it nearly impossible to hunt a hound without some type of violation.
What they said I was doing few years ago, now their all doing.
Now I have access to thousands of acres, legally and can't hunt it all. Take them to a hunting spot being generous and some of them sneak back and kill as many as they can. Then they get caught and blame me for it. 😂. Thing is they had game wardens coming to my house regularly a few years back when I still hunted tuem dreaded genius woods goats, and coon hunted. Them dirty poachers. 😂 .They've had me chased all over NC when I was hunting everyday to the week and sometimes on sunday in my younger days. Now I hunt legit and they're the law breakers, and it ok for them to do it. 😂

Last edited by swamp1 on 12-23-2018 at 01:10 AM

Old Post 12-23-2018 12:59 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: Non issue

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Bourne
When the farmer pulls up which is rare, he knows who I am, if a neighbor to the landowner stops, I politely tell them who I am and they do not own it. If I have a dog with no reverse, get to my dog as fast as I can if they get out of pocket, get out asap, works good for me, if I stop and got permission to retrieve, it usually gets me chewed out, no people contact, works for me . Always stay away from houses, never leave ruts!
6 acres for me, coon are really.thick here.

X2, thats my motto, no harm, no foul. Its easier to ask forgiveness, than permission, I've found . Just out of curiosity; How many coons are on them 6 acres of thick coon, at a time ?

Old Post 12-23-2018 01:29 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote