UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Another poll
Hunt in the rain or stay home and dry
This poll is closed.
Hunt 37 61.67%
Stay home 23 38.33%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Another poll

Coon hunt in the rain or stay home and dry

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-20-2018 09:06 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Back when my wife worked 3rd shift (for 15 years), i didn't get to choose what nights I could hunt. If she was off I hunted. As my luck would have it that meant more bad weather nights than good weather nights. I learned that you can pretty much tree a coon in any kind of weather.

In fact, many of the really bad nights are some of my fondest memories. One such memory was hunting my hound Driver in a pouring down rain in the middle of January in a flooded river bottom. The water was never less than knee deep. Driver treed seven single large boar (all > 20 lbs.) coon in less than 2 hours. Each of the tracks were hard running tracks.

If the rain scared me, I would have not experienced one heck of a night.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 12-21-2018 05:07 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

When I was younger the only requirement I had to go was that it got dark but now I realize there will be better nights so I'm a little more flexible! Lol no heavy rain!!!

Old Post 12-21-2018 05:48 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

rain

I will hunt in the rain unless the lighting is bad.

Old Post 12-21-2018 06:04 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

I wanna click hunt but my butt knows if its raining ill be on the couch.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 12-21-2018 06:28 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

??

Drizzle/mist i'll hunt.
Down pour or steady 'rain'...... tracking will terrible,i'm staying home

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 12-21-2018 07:44 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trkrmsy
UKC Forum Member

I can only hunt weekends so unless it's a downpour I'm going. If it's snowing though I'm staying home.

Old Post 12-22-2018 04:58 PM
trkrmsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trkrmsy Click here to Send trkrmsy a Private Message Find more posts by trkrmsy Add trkrmsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Larry Atherton

You are right, hunting in the rain is a very good time to tree coons, especially if you have a COONDOG. Coons stir good in rainy weather. My hunting buddy and I have treed many coons in the rain, bad weather separates the coonhunter and the Coondogs. Dave

Old Post 12-23-2018 03:53 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote