UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New rule ?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: The only way to make strike points no longer an issue is for all dogs to go in for th

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I'm not very savvy on rules, but I am good in math. There's a difference in delete and minus,

It's not rocket science is it lol!

The original question answer.... is the same as it would have been in any previous year prior to any rule change....
The dog struck during the vote but prior to it's completion would receive 75 points and then would not move up after the vote. If it had been struck in after a vote to minus or delete and no other dogs were struck in yet it would have received 100 strike points.
It is important to remember that at anytime during the duration of the hunt a dog may be minused it's strike points or be deemed babbling the minute has nothing to do with any ruling or vote. The minute is simply a grace period in which you do not have to strike your dog on or before the 3rd bark.

Part of RULE 11 (d) that pertains to situations above and original question***No dog may be struck in over a position that is being held except when a dog holds his strike position for 1 hour.

*multiple dogs may hold the fourth strike position of 25 points.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-31-2019 03:26 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: The only way to make strike points no longer an issue is for all dogs to go in for th

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
You are ABSOLUTELY correct I AM against any such rule that tends to make silent trailing a desired trait of ANY Hound.

That is a cur trait and should be kept in the cur breed.

And I can see you would be willing to advocate for such a rule (and may very well be right now) since you are trying to convince me that deleting strike points are not as hurtful as misusing them.

That would be like saying taking another one's life is less hurtful than murdering them. It all means the same thing. Dead is Dead and Delete or minus are points you will not be receiving in the plus points column.

You will not change my perspective nor am I gonna change yours, so we will leave it at that and let the arguing begin in just 1 1/2 days on when a dog will receive strike points.

Now back to the original question, LOL

Dave, I don’t understand your reasoning on this one. I agree completely with what Redneck Mafia is trying to tell you. With current rules judge and one cast member think your dog is babbling and you are getting 100- and then have to restrike and come out of the hole, and at best break even on the strike. New rules and 2 to 2 vote is deleted and then you would strike back in later. Yes you might not be going back in for 100 but better than losing 100 and only breaking even overall at best.

Old Post 12-31-2019 04:09 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JG hound
UKC Forum Member

Next dog struck gets 75
Cast vote minuses 100 on babble
Others strike in to accordance
The next time they cut loose if same dog babbles and is struck scratch him. JMO but also in accordance with rules.
You might argue if theres a coon track or not though lol. I run a hound that will get treed faster than most dogs get struck. He cost me alot on strike but has a coon. One or 2 strike and get ready a tree is coming quick.

Old Post 12-31-2019 04:18 AM
JG hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JG hound Click here to Send JG hound a Private Message Click Here to Email JG hound Find more posts by JG hound Add JG hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
You guys sure wouldn’t have liked the old rule I came up with minused twice and scratched in 30 yards.

Train ole ratchet jaws to get 50 yards before he rattles his gord and you will be ok.

Tar

Unfortunately you're correct. If you're honest with yourself about what you're leading, then you shouldn't have any qualms with any of the "NEW" rules. And IMHO, 50 yards won't save you too much either.

If your dog gets 1st strike 75% or better of the time directly off the snap you have a "BABBLER". I don't care how you want to justify it to yourself, a babbler otherwise known as a barker. There's absolutely no way you can cut a dog onto hot tracks every drop. And the guys that want to play the nose card are trying to justify running a babbler in hunts.

And if you think a silent dog has an advantage over an open trailer, please inform us how? If your dog can strike a track, then it has an advantage over the silent dog. I don't hunt silent dogs but I've seen a few I'd own for sure.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 01-02-2020 01:26 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Some of them babblers make an honest dog look silent and a lot of honest dogs will tighten up to get away from babblers believe it or not honest dogs know those babblers are full of chit too !!

Tar

Old Post 01-02-2020 01:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JG hound
UKC Forum Member

Say no more, Harring spelled it out for everyone to understand and I have to agree whole heartedly. But it is what it is. Well said Gregg

Old Post 01-02-2020 02:32 PM
JG hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JG hound Click here to Send JG hound a Private Message Click Here to Email JG hound Find more posts by JG hound Add JG hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JG hound
Others strike in to accordance
The next time they cut loose if same dog babbles and is struck scratch him. JMO but also in accordance with rules.
[/B]

Your going to have to show on the card or book. What rule does that fall under. Mine don't babble but some around here do. For the most part they continue to carry it. Makes it hard to minus unless you know the dog.

Old Post 01-02-2020 03:17 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Your going to have to show on the card or book. What rule does that fall under. Mine don't babble but some around here do. For the most part they continue to carry it. Makes it hard to minus unless you know the dog.

I don’t even try I just take my 50 or 25 strike and let the chips fall where they may.

Tar

Old Post 01-02-2020 03:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Scratched

He said 2nd offence scratched. Yeah going to have to see that one.

Old Post 01-02-2020 05:30 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote