UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Christmas Spirit of Giving to Others
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Christmas Spirit of Giving to Others

I pray we ALL have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I pray that each of us have been blessed this past year and will have many blessings in the coming year. I pray that each of us can share our blessings with others. We ALL know someone that can use a helping hand, especially around the holiday season. I was set on buying a couple of new guns today, both on sale at a real good price. Now, the problem was a voice that told me NOT to buy these guns, guns that I already had several of these same guns. No one needed to tell me where that voice came from and that I was just being selfish, wanting more of something I actually had no need for. I admit that I am overboard in buying things I want and not necessary thing I need. I own way to many things that I don't use, things that I wanted and bought only to put up and never use. How many of us are guilty of doing these same things, buying just because we can, wanting, but not really needing or using the things we buy. I pray that those of us that have more than we actually need, more than we can actually use, will find a true blessing and share what we have with those who are in need. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2019 10:13 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLR
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Amen

Old Post 12-22-2019 10:43 PM
SLR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLR Click here to Send SLR a Private Message Click Here to Email SLR Find more posts by SLR Add SLR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CX3
UKC Forum Member

I completely agree. But if you have any guns you want to give away I can come pick them up.

John 3:16
You'd better believe it!

Old Post 12-23-2019 02:47 AM
CX3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CX3 Click here to Send CX3 a Private Message Click Here to Email CX3 Find more posts by CX3 Add CX3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Cx3

Lol. None to give away. Hopefully, the message from my post, is one showing just how caught up in buying things we want, not just things we really need. I already had 4 of the exact same gun I was going to buy today and 1 exact gun of the other gun I was going to buy today, just because they were on sale at a good price. All I would have done would be adding to a meaningless collection of things I do not really need, things that do not really mean anything to me in themselves, just another purchase to add to other unneeded purchases. We ALL need to evaluate the difference between a want and a need. Who really needs anything that they are NOT going to use on a regular basis? Possessions themselves do not bring joy and happiness, it's the use we get out of something that has real meaning. Human nature is being greedy and selfish, wanting more than what we can actually use. I hope that each of us has all we really need and that those of us who have more than we really need, will share with others that need things they don't have. Small things that we can do for others may be Hugh in their lives and make a real difference to them. None of us can change the world, but most of us can help some one that needs help. God is great, when we help each other, we are pleasing him, what greater reward should we want? Dave

Old Post 12-23-2019 04:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Amen to everything you said...

Old Post 12-23-2019 10:13 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave

The money you donated will be given away at our first hunt in February. And we greatly appreciate it it. One thing we are going to do is there is two of us that love to cook nobody will pay for a meal. That comes from a time when I first started where the clubs were thriving and if they knew you were having a tuff time you did not pay for meals and you got to participate in the hunt for free.

It always brought bigger dividends in the end. Never had to ask for guides and people to clean up after the hunt.

Tar

Old Post 12-23-2019 12:27 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

Every day with God is like Christmas. Look under His tree of love and mercy for the gifts He has given you today.

NITECH CH 'PR' MILL CREEK BO-R.I.P.
NITECH CH 'PR' HOUSE'S SCREAMIN NELL

Old Post 12-23-2019 02:28 PM
David Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Richardson Click here to Send David Richardson a Private Message Find more posts by David Richardson Add David Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Dave.....

Great Post Dave and oh so True....!!!
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 12-23-2019 02:38 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Giving

Thanks guys for all the kind comments, I was only sharing my true feelings on how caught up we can become in things that have no real benefit or meaning to us. Just how many dogs can one hunt and do justice to at one time? How many fishing rod and reels can you actually use? How many knives or guns can you actually use? The lists goes on and on, I dare say that many of us have way more "toys" than we can play with or do justice with. I can say from personal experience that greed is a nasty quality for any man to have, you are never satisfied, you always want more. The only treasures that really matter are the ones we store in HEAVEN, material possessions will only fade away in time. I hope and pray that each of us will share what we have with those in need. Dave

Old Post 12-23-2019 08:11 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Great post Dave. I have struggled like most everyone else with getting my wants mixed up with my needs. One day I realized that every toy I had took time out of my life. Whether it was clean the gun, feed the dog or horse or whatever and the only thing I really have that is really limited is time. So I need to use it wisely. Heard a very wise man say "I am not sue why God has blessed us like he has but I am sure it is not so we can use it on ourselves."

Old Post 12-23-2019 08:24 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Preacher Tom

Tom, you are correct about our time being limited, we only have so much time and we should use our time wisely. The real blessings we receive in life are the blessings we get from helping others. When we give from the heart our blessings can not be measured, for they are priceless beyond measure. May GOD bless each of us and may we never forget the reason for the Christmas season. Dave

Old Post 12-23-2019 08:44 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope each and every one has a wonderful Christmas. May GOD bless each and everyone during the coming year, happy hunting to every one. Dave

Old Post 12-25-2019 10:02 PM
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Great post Mr. Richards.

A few nights ago I found myself standing in line at a department store asking the same questions about a pile of miscellaneous junk I was buying my kid.

Wants and needs are two very different things, and I fall victim to the mindset that me and mine "need" stuff way too often. As a parent, I want my child to be proud of her clothes, or her fancy phone, or her pro level softball equipment, etc. and I'm blessed in that i can afford most of it, but I'm gonna try awfully hard this year to teach the value of a dollar, and how to be satisfied and thankful for the things we have, instead of keeping up with the Joneses and staying in style.
Again, great post, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Old Post 12-25-2019 11:11 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I got one Christmas down one more tomorrow. I got a tee shirt while ago that says : I am just here because I needed an iron clad alibi lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-25-2019 11:51 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Cory Highfill

Thanks for the nice compliment, we can spoil a child with all of these designer products they want, just to be a part of the in crowd. I have 2 friends that are both medical doctors that have 2 children a boy and a girl. They could have bought anything those kids wanted, but they did not. My 2 doctor friends taught their 2 children that buying bargain brands and even 2nd hand clothes were the way to save money and get a bargain to boot. I am very proud to say that both children turned out to be 2 of the best, the son is a engineer and the daughter is now a veterinarian. My 2 friends the doctors and their children are prime examples of folks that are not caught up in the "designer" fad. Sale or used clothing bought at a bargain was a sense of value to them and they were proud of saving money. I want to add to the story that the daughter went through college and vet school on full scholarships and graduated first in her class. My friends the doctors have taught me a lot about life, they are foremost Christians and give a lot back to the community. They are also, not to proud to buy bargain brands and used clothing, just to set a good example for their children and others. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 12-26-2019 at 03:53 AM

Old Post 12-26-2019 12:04 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 12-26-2019 10:32 PM