UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New Rule On Scratched For Fighting Question
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, and you are a licensed UKC MOH. You say dogs are fighting and then you say that you won't scratch them. Do they really let you judge out there in Oklahoma?

Yes we do let him! It's really near the Show Me State... down here we don't try to eliminate the competition without sure fire proof not just an assumption. You try what you did at AO 3 may be scratched but it wouldn't be for a dog fight - it will be because somebody's going to leave missing their ponytail.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-14-2019 01:27 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Im not sure we are all looking at the same rules about scratching a dog or dogs for fighting anymore. Every one has different opinions. It's horrible.

Old Post 12-14-2019 01:46 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, so y'all don't scratch dogs for fighting out there? Do y'all just let them come back and hunt in the next hunt?
Did I leave out that one was mine. One guy insisted that his dog wasn't mean and the other 2 dogs only had to be scratched. Handler of the fourth dog said they fought and somebody had to be scratched. I ruled that if we scratched 1 then we had to scratch all 3. So they all questioned it. A real MOH said they were all 3 scratched.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-14-2019 at 02:35 AM

Old Post 12-14-2019 02:27 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Oh my goodness, so y'all don't scratch dogs for fighting out there? Do y'all just let them come back and hunt in the next hunt?
Did I leave out that one was mine. One guy insisted that his dog wasn't mean and the other 2 dogs only had to be scratched. Handler of the fourth dog said they fought and somebody had to be scratched. I ruled that if we scratched 1 then we had to scratch all 3. So they all questioned it. A real MOH said they were all 3 scratched.

Well I see some of us went real coonhunting tonight and sme did not. Now I don’t guess I am getting your logic. But here you go let’s say we are a good ways from the tree a scrap breaks out all dogs go back to treeing and when we get there everybody is behaving I did not see it no way of knowing who is at fault I will not scratch.

Now same senerio but this time dogs are still rolling one is treed two are fighting I will scratch the two because I can see it don’t understand what it is your not getting.

Rules say after the first of the year dog has to be off the leash to get scratched.

Get your moh license sombody always tells you are a big dummy till you tell them to take the test and try it for a while.

Tar

Old Post 12-14-2019 03:08 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:

I have been in observation of that "real MOH" table many times and cast like yours pose a "real headache" to the point if all who have these questions dogs aren't scratched sometimes all the handlers are - in other words sometimes it's easier to just say you know what no one can agree on what happened and your all questioning this and your all scratched, wahala problem solved.
But also remember that none of these guys are infallible there have been times they have truly made the wrong ruling. I know of a time that one apologized Saturday morning for doing so and his was rightly overturned. I also know of one that there was no recourse for at the world when a ruling was wrong. Point, they are all human and just because it happened at AO does not set precedence for all future events.
And for the record Tar does a great job at being a MOH in decades I don't know of any of his rulings that have been overturned by UKC.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-14-2019 04:16 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So, it is all right to fight in Oklahoma as long as they are light broke?

Old Post 12-14-2019 04:24 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

It's never all right for dogs to fight, but making the right call is ALWAYS correct. Speculation is just that, no way to be absolutely correct and should not be used to scratch any dog. We have laws that protect us, laws that say we are innocent until proven guilty. Are you advocating that we should just assume guilt for all digs when we have nothing but speculation to go by, hearing a fight but not seeing the guilty parties. Assumptions are just that are are wrong just as many times as they are right, you know what they say about assume, makes an azz out you and me. Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-14-2019 06:01 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

Your theory would be like dogs are treed I can tell the way they are treed it’s a possum I don’t have to see it y’all are scratched.

Tar

Old Post 12-14-2019 09:58 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
the round about, the sugar coat , just how do you want it ?

Old Post 12-14-2019 01:56 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Say that you and your buddy are pleasure hunting. Your dogs get treed and a fight breaks out but when you get to the tree they have quit. Your dog is bloody and cut. Do you turn your dog loose with him again?

Old Post 12-14-2019 02:02 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
the round about, the sugar coat , just how do you want it ?

Ain’t but one guy on here said he had a mean dog and that’s a red dog guy !! And he had to scratch his own dog lol.

Haven’t even heard of a dog fight down here in years only place I ever read about it is on here.

Facts not fiction.

Tar

Old Post 12-14-2019 02:05 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Ain’t but one guy on here said he had a mean dog and that’s a red dog guy !! And he had to scratch his own dog lol.

Haven’t even heard of a dog fight down here in years only place I ever read about it is on here.

Facts not fiction.

Tar

I did own a sure enough mean female. She'd make the devil himself tuck his tail n run. I sold her to a guy that pleasure hunts alone. Ill admit I owned a mean dog. But I don't own her any longer. I like a dog that has enough grit to stay.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 12-14-2019 06:09 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

I hate a mean dog, won't own a mean dog, won't hunt with a mean dog, but I want my dogs to stay treed. Some dogs are like some folks they want to bully others but when that does not work out for them, they get the message. Stand your ground has always been my take on life and that's what I want my dogs to do, stand their ground. Dave

Old Post 12-14-2019 06:48 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote