UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

On the T5 I have seen this problem and it could be a couple different things. If your using a splitter cable then take it off and plug it direct to the one cable. If nothing changes try swapping form house charger to car charger or a different house charger if you have more than one. Last but not least you may want to look at the contacts on the collar and see if one is discolored. Clean all of them with alcohol. Even if they look clean then clean them again. Light rubbing would help.

On the DC 50, if you have more than one. You could swap batteries around and see if it is the battery. My guess with it would be to send it back to Garmin for exchange collar.
1-800-800-1020

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-06-2018 05:47 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rollingrfarm
UKC Forum Member

Hello Mr, Conkey. Got a replacement alpha 100 when the original got dropped and messed up the screen.

My husband used it for a night and the map was fuzzy, I tried to mess with the settings and now I can't get maps to show, have huntview and another one enabled. He thinks I've totally messed this up.

There is no map option "declutter screen" and found out that in my 2018 update they changed declutter to "map on/off.

Well I can't find the map on/option off either! Not anywhere in any of the menus. I'm really tired of messing with this and really don't want to have to do a master reset and my husband is very unhappy.

Can anyone tell me exactly where I should find map on/off.

The other weird thing is that I had the unit completely charged last night and he only hunted an hour and yet when I tried to fix it today it said the battery was low.

Is it user error, wife of user error or did they send me a refurbished unit that is messed up?

I appreciate everyone's help on this.

Old Post 05-05-2019 09:26 PM
rollingrfarm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rollingrfarm Click here to Send rollingrfarm a Private Message Find more posts by rollingrfarm Add rollingrfarm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rollingrfarm
UKC Forum Member

Hello Mr, Conkey. Got a replacement alpha 100 when the original got dropped and messed up the screen.

My husband used it for a night and the map was fuzzy, I tried to mess with the settings and now I can't get maps to show, have huntview and another one enabled. He thinks I've totally messed this up.

There is no map option "declutter screen" and found out that in my 2018 update they changed declutter to "map on/off.

Well I can't find the map on/option off either! Not anywhere in any of the menus. I'm really tired of messing with this and really don't want to have to do a master reset and my husband is very unhappy.

Can anyone tell me exactly where I should find map on/off.

The other weird thing is that I had the unit completely charged last night and he only hunted an hour and yet when I tried to fix it today it said the battery was low.

Is it user error, wife of user error or did they send me a refurbished unit that is messed up?

I appreciate everyone's help on this.

Old Post 05-05-2019 09:26 PM
rollingrfarm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rollingrfarm Click here to Send rollingrfarm a Private Message Find more posts by rollingrfarm Add rollingrfarm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think the wording your looking for is
Hide maps or show maps. Find that and toggle back and forth and naps should appear and then go away. Is it possible the screen saver came on and the unit appeared off and you left it on to run down battery

Old Post 05-06-2019 01:30 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

There is another feature not associated the the declutter change. That has been on all systems. It is under map menu then setup. It shows all the maps installed and each map has an Enable and Disable function. Just not sure what function your looking for of think you changer. If you cant fix it. Have someone have it in their hand and call 904-692-1568 abter 10 and ask for corey.

Old Post 05-06-2019 01:48 AM
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

Web updater

Updated my hunting buddys alpha 100 and tt15. Then updated my alpha 100 and tried to update my tt15 and t5 and wouldn't recognize either collar. Do I need to send the collars in. Used same cords for buddys collar. Put his collar back hooked to web updater and recognized his again.

Old Post 05-23-2019 03:55 AM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Did you use a MAC Compute for the collars. IF so that is the problem. Find a window computer and redo them..
Lot of times it is just a matter of stopping and starting over again. Even turning the computer off and starting off helps. But remember the Collars don't like to be upgraded on MACs.

Old Post 05-23-2019 12:54 PM
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

I have windows 8.1. I was able to update 2 alpha 100 and 1 tt15 but wouldn't recognize 1 tt15 and a t5. Have tried again same thing.

Old Post 05-23-2019 03:41 PM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by lblhunter
I have windows 8.1. I was able to update 2 alpha 100 and 1 tt15 but wouldn't recognize 1 tt15 and a t5. Have tried again same thing.

make sure the contacts on your collar are clean , might scuff them a little with scuff pad just to make sure oxidation can inhibit the connection even though they look ok,

712-438-0438

Old Post 05-23-2019 06:26 PM
mrr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrr Click here to Send mrr a Private Message Click Here to Email mrr Find more posts by mrr Add mrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mrr
make sure the contacts on your collar are clean , might scuff them a little with scuff pad just to make sure oxidation can inhibit the connection even though they look ok,

Thanks. that did it. Identified each collar instantly.

Old Post 05-24-2019 02:00 AM
nkisamo1
UKC Forum Member

T5

Bruce,

Got a T5 collar I have had for a while. The other night in a comp hunt the collar showed the dog was 600 yards away and he was right beside me. It didn't show a question mark. 15 minutes later it still showed him in the same spot. Still no question mark. Took the collar home and charged it. Turned it on and it will not link up with my alpha. I deleted it out and readded it by selecting that collar is near the alpha and it adds it but show a question mark and no info. How can it add it but yet it cannot communicate? Have you seen this before?

Thanks,

Nathan

Old Post 08-08-2019 12:49 PM
nkisamo1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nkisamo1 Click here to Send nkisamo1 a Private Message Click Here to Email nkisamo1 Find more posts by nkisamo1 Add nkisamo1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Doesnt sound good for your T5. About the only thing you can try and probably wont work but may. Is to master reset it and then update it. Instructions for doing both can be found by googling it. Sending it back to Garmin would cost just over a hundred bucks. Might be the best ootion.

Old Post 08-08-2019 01:01 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Just sharing info. Not trying to make a sale as many dealers have this same offer now. Garmin has rebates on the Alpha now along with the Drive Track and purchase both you ger a Two hundred dollar rebate. See your favorite dealer for details.

Old Post 08-08-2019 01:04 PM
RunInMi
New UKC Forum Member

Interference

Last night while hunting I had one collar that my Garmin alpha kept saying I had interference with. My son was hunting with me tracking the same collars with his Alpha. He had no problems. I was paired to him but he wasn't paired to me. I unpaired him and the problem continued. Why? What do I do about this?

Old Post 08-09-2019 01:24 PM
RunInMi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RunInMi Click here to Send RunInMi a Private Message Click Here to Email RunInMi Find more posts by RunInMi Add RunInMi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Change your ID number as you have 100 to choose from.

Old Post 08-09-2019 04:17 PM
Dave1
UKC Forum Member

Bruce i have a 320 just got a 24k map card with birds eye on it put it in and nothing. I went to set up map but didnt see any 24k but a few others i tried enabling and disabling different one but nothing works?

Old Post 08-18-2019 01:37 AM
Dave1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave1 Click here to Send Dave1 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave1 Add Dave1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave1
UKC Forum Member

Bruce i have a 320 just got a 24k map card with birds eye on it put it in and nothing. I went to set up map but didnt see any 24k but a few others i tried enabling and disabling different one but nothing works?

Old Post 08-18-2019 01:38 AM
Dave1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave1 Click here to Send Dave1 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave1 Add Dave1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The 320 probably needs to be upgraded. It came out long before the cards did and they need the new upgrades for the card to be functional.

Old Post 08-18-2019 10:13 AM
Dave1
UKC Forum Member

So you mean get a new one?

Old Post 08-18-2019 10:37 AM
Dave1
UKC Forum Member

I got it working by disabling map clutter or something like that.i never seen a map selection for 24k tho? I can see woods roads and everything thing. Not super clear zoomed in very far. Is it pose be different then that? Also loose communication sometimes with t5 and can only turn collar light on when there right next to each other

Old Post 08-18-2019 10:44 AM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

not clear zoomed out is normal.
The loss of communication is something totally different and could be a number of things. Also the range for turning on the lights varies but in most cases they need to be close but not right next to one another. You can play around with changing ID numbers on your collar and see if that helps. Best thing is to test your T5 against another T5 and see if the problem is in the collar. Then see what a buddies handheld does to see if the problem is in the handheld.

Old Post 08-18-2019 10:50 AM
Dave1
UKC Forum Member

Thank you

Old Post 08-18-2019 10:52 AM
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

contact

I have 1 of 2 contacts that wont show on my map . We have removed each other numerous times and repaired the Alphas . Once I had this contact on my map for a couple minutes . I can see my other contact and he can see other contacts . Any ideas?
Thanks

Old Post 08-18-2019 05:05 PM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

contact

I have 1 of 2 contacts that wont show on my map . We have removed each other numerous times and repaired the Alphas . Once I had this contact on my map for a couple minutes . I can see my other contact and he can see other contacts . Any ideas?
Thanks

Old Post 08-18-2019 05:05 PM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Not sure about the issue with your contacts.

Old Post 08-18-2019 06:15 PM