UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bogue Chitto Blues

My male pup off Rowdy Bocephus and White Grass Sally. 7 months old in this picture treed on turnout. Very smart with big bawl mouth on track and short bawl on tree. I have high hopes for this pup and wanted to start thread and update from time to time. Good Hunting!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-29-2014 09:16 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bojangles Pedigree

Old Post 03-29-2014 09:22 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Video of Bo treed alone

Bo treed on his first coon alone, 3-25-14 at 8 months old. He has treed a couple turnouts and with older hound a couple times before this but this was first time hunted alone that he did it all on his on. As he gets older and matures he will get pushed to his full potential. He's going to be a good one.

Old Post 03-29-2014 09:34 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo treed with my other dog

Bo was treed good under this coon back in February with my Nt Ch male out of Gauge, Speck. Moon had him silhouetted.

Old Post 03-30-2014 02:19 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

pawpaw and Mason

My grandson, Mason and me packing out a coon Bo, Speck and B D had treed the night before. My hands were full leading 3 hounds and had forgot my coon bag so we had to go back in the morning and get coon. Mason enjoyed that and so did pawpaw. Walking down memory lane.

Old Post 03-30-2014 02:37 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Thanks Bill, hope yaw starting to thaw out up your way and putting those good blues in the timber. Good Hunting!

Old Post 03-30-2014 02:40 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo's hunts

Cut Bo loose here in the Bogue Chitto river bottoms last night but he didn't get after one. We had 3 inches of rain early Saturday morning and the woods and sloughs are full of water that hasn't drained off yet. Not ideal conditions for a 9 month old. Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-01-2014 02:17 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

PUP

Stay on him Steve, he will be better for it!! Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 04-01-2014 02:35 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Darren,

Yes that's what it takes, can't make excuses for them. When it dries up we will be wishing it would rain. Sorry to hear about Blade and just looked at your thread and that Wedge pup sure is a good looking rascal! Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-01-2014 02:47 PM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Bo

When it dry's up a little he will be making those swamps ring again Steve!! This young dog has a huge mouth! Ed

Old Post 04-01-2014 04:41 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Thanks Mr. Ed. I see Bobbie keeps on winning and Mark's Dizzie, congrats to both of you and all Blue dogs that get wins. My goal for Bo is to keep him in the woods a lot and hopefully when the Fall Roundup rolls around maybe he will be ready to put in his first hunt. Take care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-01-2014 05:19 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo treed in the swamp

Had a couple nights that Bo got after a coon but couldn't put a tree on the end of it but last night he got on a pretty hot track and ran it about 350yds and got hooked. This is a video of last night and the big cypress he was on. Coon was there. Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-04-2014 05:04 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

real nice post!!!

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 04-04-2014 08:05 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Thanks Steeb! It's a work in progress, the pup learning how to tree these coons and me learning how to post these pictures and videos without asking the grandkid to do it for me. lol!

Old Post 04-04-2014 10:52 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

flooded swamps

Took Bo out for a short round tonight but woods are full of water. We got right at 4 inches of rain last night and it has the woods flooded. Didn't get after one. My Nt. Ch. male Speck has been laid up for past two weeks due to having a wart cut off the bottom of his foot. Will get stiches out this week and keep him put up for 2 more weeks before I can cut him loose. So pup is getting to go solo until then. Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-08-2014 03:34 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

good hunt tonight

Had a good hunt tonight. Cut Bo and my B D gyp together down the slough and they struck pretty quick about 200yds in. Pretty fair track and they moved him deeper into the swamp to the beaver pond and crossed to the other side. As soon as Bo came out of the water he located and sat down and ever more treed! He was on a big cotton wood and the coon was holding on as high as he could get. As I was petting Bo up I thought I heard B D treed and got away from Bo so I could hear and she was treed 100 yds further in. Went to her and she had a coon up a big poplar. Snapped them up and made our way back to the Kubota and headed home. Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-10-2014 05:41 AM
Kenny357
UKC Forum Member

Bojangles

Steve, Bo is a looker and sounds well. Glad to see he is coming on for you.

Rod Rose came down Friday night and hunted with Phil and I and too a pup home out of Bocephus and Layup Lucy.

Keep us updated.

Old Post 04-14-2014 06:33 PM
Kenny357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny357 Click here to Send Kenny357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny357 Find more posts by Kenny357 Add Kenny357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Thanks Kenny! He's looking better every night. Very mature for a 9 month old pup. When I cut him by himself he leaves on the run hunting a coon. As he develops I will keep you updated.

Old Post 04-14-2014 08:24 PM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

pretty awesome post!!! I can relate to this post,all im doing now is running pups night after night some nights are great and some we will leave in the woods lol!!! but the outcome is the hope it is all worth it!!!

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 04-17-2014 12:45 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Hunting pups

You are so right Steeb! Had one of those last night. Woods here have a lot of water in them and Bo hit a good track but after over an hour of working on it he just couldn't put a tree on the end of it. Located one time but didn't stick it. Just takes time and lots of hunting. Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-17-2014 04:33 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Last nights hunt

Mr. B.H. Patterson came over for a hunt last night. He brought his nice male hound, Max. Good looking bluetick with a nice mouth. First turnout didn't amount to much but the next one we took the Kubota deep into Black Branch swamp and cut Max, Speck and Bo. Speck sure was glad to be back after them again after being laid up for over 3 weeks with a couple stiches in bottom of his foot. They got after one pretty quick and got him lined out going up the branch for a quarter mile and made a U turn and brought him back down the other side and slammed a tree about 300yds out in the swamp in front of us. Big leafy pin oak and if he was there he wouldn't look. Mr. B.H. stayed near the Kubota because the swamp is pretty rough and I went in and got the hounds. He really enjoyed listening to them tree and I enjoyed having him make a round with me as 90 percent of the time I hunt by myself. Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-18-2014 12:05 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I hunt alone a lot too. I like it most of the time but it is nice to hunt with someone at times. Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 04-19-2014 02:44 AM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Steve and Darren

Steve,
Good luck with him it just takes a ride to the woods for the good ones to shine. I really like my Bocephus pup she is 18 months now and went from a dog that would tree a hot turned loose coon to being hunted by her own in 3 nights. Placed with her at the reunion last week in Indiana on Sat Night.

Darren,
Thats some good blood right here, cross that back on the Logan dogs and it could be good.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 04-19-2014 01:15 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Speck and B D

Specks first Mississippi coon he treed back in December after he arrived here from Indiana.
Scott VH, it sure makes it easier on us when the pups are naturals and we just put them in the woods and they get better every night out. Congrats on your win with your female.

Old Post 04-20-2014 03:06 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Speck treed

Speck treed with the meat last night. Bo went opposite direction when I cut them and didn't get a strike so he got left out on this one. Speck was over 500yds when he struck and 1,100yds when he treed. It was thick as you can see. Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-25-2014 06:13 PM