UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Unofficial Poll, How Many Hunts Do You Participate in Each Year
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Unofficial Poll, How Many Hunts Do You Participate in Each Year

The question was brought up on another thread and I think it’s a valid poll.

If you are voting on a rule but not been to a hunt since 1983 I agree you have the right to a vote and an opinion but how many voting go to hunts. ( I do not think you have to participate in hunts to know the rules, I got a buddy that knows all KC rules backwards and forwards plus their new proposals but wouldn’t walk across the street to enter a dog in a hunt)

0-5 per year
5-15 per year
15-20 per year
20+ per year

Can be all KC combined

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2019 03:37 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Cheyenne Cummings 20+ alot more.
I will add the he wrote a few of the rule changes that were submitted. Closing some loop holes and getting rid of some that are obsolete and making hunts guidelines more up to date in today's world but yet uniquely UKC. Most were common sence propasals at the request of many from our area from many various breeds.
Allowing officals to clarify scorecards instead of immediately scratching = common sense.
Eliminating the squalling rule = common sense. If squalling after 2 minutes is allowed why not the whole time? Why be allowed to squall at all if interference is a worry - why because you are there to score trees!
Eliminating the saved by the judge receiving circle points for arriving late even when showing treed on off game = common sense.
Using a countdown of 25 points after 2 minutes = common sense. Those who treed first are still the most accountable and those that arrived later did not have the ability to tree the in due time and therefore not awarded as such. This one is unique to UKC has been utilized successfully by UKC and was widely accepted by hunters yet easy to implement.
Elimination of Rule 4E = common sense. This rule is unable to be utilized per 7. TIMEOUTS so it is just taking up space on the scorecard.
Seeing off game = common sense. You have to see a coon to score, you should have to see off game to minus or scratch.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-11-2019 05:41 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, Common Sense? Do you have to see a deer to know that your dog is running one?
The dog that trees a coon first gets awarded 125 points, the dog that trees second only gets 75 points. What does it matter how much later his handler trees him? What if a dog is "awarded next available" and is minused? Will he get 75 or 25 minus?

Old Post 05-11-2019 01:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Probably 20+ I participate in 1 way or another judging ,guiding or hunting a dog in.

Old Post 05-11-2019 01:35 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Years of participation in nite hunts don't mean squat !
Plenty of 30-5 year participate I've seen that don't know the rules ..

Old Post 05-11-2019 02:30 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, Common Sense? Do you have to see a deer to know that your dog is running one?
The dog that trees a coon first gets awarded 125 points, the dog that trees second only gets 75 points. What does it matter how much later his handler trees him? What if a dog is "awarded next available" and is minused? Will he get 75 or 25 minus?

Richard the better question is which judges do you trust to determine when ol Boone is running a deer? What criteria do they use to make this determination? Coons must be seen to score with plus. Why have the criteria different for a dog being minused or scratched? Is a dog that is "running off game" really a threat to a dog that is treeing coons? It is a know fact that some dogs run coon tracks at a much higher rate of speed than others. Should a slower moving dog be scratched because a judge that has never hunted with it be able to scratch because he believes it is cold trailing a coyote? Should a fast track dog be scratched because it is believed he is running deer?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-11-2019 05:19 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

20+ ukc hunts year. I'm tore on rule change several young guys in our club coming to monthly club hunts trying learn rules. Then change bunch makes it harder keep up. I still see out timer wanting shine for 10 and not squall after 2 min. Several rules are common sense that wouldnt affect a person trying learn rules enough to compete.

With that said I like few rules that was proposed this year. Like be able minus a babbler easier. I like tree count down. But also dont like few of rules that prob will get changed.

I went 20 hunts last year and I will go 20 hunts next year no matter the rule change. People that want to hunt will and those that dont will make excuses why they dont.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 05-11-2019 05:54 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I’ve been to a few!! I’d go to more of these barking backing dogs where culled!! I don’t care as much about the barking as I do the backing. Something so easy to break yet they let them do it. Makes no sense to me. If there was a poll that read scratched on first offense and shot on second I’d vote for that one!! I don’t think a backing dog should get NOTHING!! That’s just my opinion. But my opinion means about as much as that dog is worth.

Old Post 05-11-2019 06:05 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I don’t know what everybody is so tore up about the rule changes for. we been hunting under the same ones since the 80’s and anybody that’s hunted in the other kc’s has pretty much hunted under the new proposals. These changes are being made to appeal to the younger hunters they are going to be paying the bills now. I liked the back in the day rules but they would be to strict for todays hounds.

Tar

Old Post 05-11-2019 06:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

15-20 on average. Some years more an some less. The barkers are a problem here as they usually strike for 100 and end up alone under a coon deep. Twist it any way you want but you cant beat a first an first dog with coons. The only plus side to it is they mostly hunt for $$$$ but i think the 1 hour huts might bring them back because thats what their suited for.

Old Post 05-11-2019 06:53 PM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

HUNTS

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 05-12-2019 04:01 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trsizemore
UKC Forum Member

hunts

0 might try again next year

Old Post 05-12-2019 08:42 PM
trsizemore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trsizemore Click here to Send trsizemore a Private Message Click Here to Email trsizemore Find more posts by trsizemore Add trsizemore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Lash
UKC Forum Member

entered

Usually over 15, with new rules it will be less than 10, That's been for 40 + years.

Old Post 05-12-2019 09:13 PM
Bill Lash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Lash Click here to Send Bill Lash a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Lash Find more posts by Bill Lash Add Bill Lash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyhunter50
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Old Post 05-12-2019 09:26 PM
kyhunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyhunter50 Click here to Send kyhunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by kyhunter50 Add kyhunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Maybe UKC should have a Message Board Rep to represent the interweb coonhunters like the Breed Reps do.

Old Post 05-13-2019 01:56 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote