UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 50 51 [52] 53 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jon!

Yeah he's nice and each time I take him it's like he puts a little more together. Shoot this was like his 8th and 9th time in the woods in almost 2 1/2 years. He has never really hunted with but one other hound until I got ahold of him. He is taking to having a cast full of hounds better than any hound I have ran across that is new to the competition world. He makes sure to stay good and away from any hounds he knows are running trash too. We are still working on a few things more fine turning him than anything else really. The 10 year old boy I got him from is sure excited about how well he is doing.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2017 03:31 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Yeah. If ya have something to hide it's one thing but if ya don't

These leaves make it tough. Part of it when ya live down here, never mind the snakes, gators, clear cuts and briars. Got to love it to hunt it out. Hate you couldn't find yours. The trees are shorter the further north you go. Shoot even up at Mena is better than around here. That's why I was able to find both of Dan's coons that were on the outside up there. That Den tree was the only one I didn't see the coon on.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

Steve Bell

Old Post 04-25-2017 10:32 PM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Rough night but got it done! Was by himself and didn't turn loose until 11.

Haven't been in the woods since the double header two weekends ago. That had me barely able to move. Healed up now though and have back to back weekends of two night hunts. So turned Ol Dan loose to see if we could find some. The two main blocks I was planning to hunt had been cut this last year. So that made it tough finding one. Cut him loose in a wide open field and just let him hunt. He was covering the field and all through the woods hunting it all. We just couldn't find a thing. A few deer is all we seen until he treed. Took right at an hour to find a track. It was so bad cold the only place he could smell a track at all was in this small creek. Ain't gonna lie it took him about 20 minutes to find the right tree, he kept running back and forth trying to narrow it down to the right one, but he was 100% right when he found it. Because of how cold the track was he ended up with the 8 catching him at one point but as soon as it caught him he locked down on the tree, with the coon. So with about an hour and 30 minutes burnt we were looking at a coon.
Sure reminds me of Old Twister and Fireball on the tree. He likes being on the wood. Reminds me more of stuff out of YR Rocky on the ground and has that big YR Rocky mouth but can wind them lay ups and accurately like I got when I bred off to YR Rocky. 20 years of breeding in this hound from here on my place and my friends up North and you can sure tell it. He is quickly becoming the best total package competition hound I have ever hunted. Can only imagine what he would look like if he was even hunted a couple of times a week outside of the competition hunts. All my years of work and helping out young ones getting good solid pups has came back to reward me big time with this hound.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-12-2017 at 06:52 PM

Old Post 05-03-2017 08:21 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

He checked and checked the area to find the right tree.

This was all lay up work right here. He just kept hunting around until he smelled the coon for sure up the right tree. You may have to zoom in some to see the coon. Just look in the center of the light. Did get the coon to give me a good look in it though. Still getting use to all this technology we have now. Also video is pretty shaky. With my nerves all damaged I can't really hold any thing still. That's the old Mity Max doing it's thing. These reeds aren't the best but Shane is sending me a new set of actual Mity Max reeds. It's still getting the job done though, 23 years later. Couldn't be more pleased. It's been with me longer than about anything I own. Hundreds of coons have met their end with it. Enjoy!

http://rs907.pbsrc.com/albums/ac272/thecoondawg76/69309091-2DB6-4FE4-A9E2-056DD93D04A1_zpskg9kuz8l.mp4?w=160&h=160&fit=clip

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 05-03-2017 at 08:37 AM

Old Post 05-03-2017 08:34 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Something I have been needing to do a while.

Fireball's 5 Gen Pedigree:

-------PR Turrentines Red Skoomer
------PR Beverages Red Duke
-------PR Turrentines Red Gypsy Gal
-----GrNtCh PR Georges Red Bugg
-------PR Chomels Red Marvel
------PR Osage Rose
-------PR Chomels Red Rose

----PR Raefs Red Flyer (Have been told he was a very nice hound)

-------PR Indian Creek Red Ranger
------PR Lories Jodi
-------PR Indian Creek Red Lady
-----PR Hubbards Princess Red
-------NtCh PR Lovins Red Duke
------PR Geisters Old Red Belle
-------Ch PR Lovins Red Moss

---PR Melton's Big Red

-------PR Red Man
------PR St. Clairs Red
-------Ch PR Red Ginger
-----Wares Joker
-------NtCh Tall Timber Buzz
------NtCh Tall Timber Red Star (both his parents might go back to NtCh Swing Red Rock)
-------PR Clouses Gallant Lady

----NtCh Gray Ravens Red Tessie

-------Mack
------Houstons Tenn. Red
-------Queen
-----Thomas Sally
-------NtCh PR Tuckers Red Mac Jr.
------PR Kansas Queen
-------Ch PR Bruces Tenn. Polly

*GrNtCh PR Melton's Red Fire Ball* (Won AKC/ACHA Reserve World Champion Male, 1985 National Redbone Days Champion, also the former #1 historical producing redbone male. Been dead to long to be on any list now).

-------PR Penicks Red Wrighter II
------PR Turleys Big Red
-------PR Red Ruby
-----Ch PR Klingels Big Major
-------NtCh PR Twin Creek Bill
------PR Goodrichs Mandy
-------PR Twin Creek Penny

-----GrNtCh PR Parks Cherokee Red (believe it was Dave Dean the big Bluetick man, that said after seeing Red hunt that the Redbone World needed to basically breed everything they had to him after seeing him tree.)

-------PR Jungle Joe (figure this one might go back to Jungle Jim)
------PR Swartzs Bugle
-------PR Bucks Lou Belle
-----PR Klingels Red Daisy
-------PR Missouri Red Rock
------PR Southfork River Pam
-------PR Painters Red Ginger

---PR Millsap's Red Sussie

-------NtCh PR Swing Red Rock (had all the go power in the world) (Brown's Twister was double this hound also) (the CD hounds go back heavy to this hound too) (Sire of Tall Timber Talker also)
------NtCh PR Clouses Silvertone Jet
-------NtCh PR Roberts Red Kate
-----PR Mills Red Hawk
-------PR Lufcys Red Wrighter III
------PR Clouses Silvertone Bell
-------PR Lufcy's Little Margie

----PR Parks Red Rosie

-------Ch NtCh PR Mississippi Mack
------Ch PR Leos Moonlight Rambler
-------PR Moss Midnight Lady
-----PR Parks Green Valley Penny
-------PR Red Robin Jr.
------PR Leos Moonlight Jully
-------PR Joes Red Judy

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-04-2017 09:42 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Best of Show and another 1st place! This time with plus points!

Dan is now a Show Champion and now also got a 1st place with plus points. So we got two wins slips today/tonight! I'm trying to make him a dual champion before Redbone Days and for Autumn Oaks in the new Dual Champion hunt and show category. Hoping I can move enough to hit this same Hunt and Show tomorrow. Wish me luck and happy hunting everyone!
Dan is still not really up for stud, currently. Had several people calling on him but currently he is still solely owned by the 10 year old boy I am borrowing him from. We plan to make him at least a dual champion before we breed anything really. We know what he is but we want to have the titles to prove it. Once he has the titles then we will mainly be doing live cover. He hunts just fine wether he has bred a female or not. It does take some of his energy though so. If there is a big hunt coming up we are running him in then we will be doing fresh A.I. I have a local veterinarian that is extremely reasonably priced as he likes doing odd ball stuff. And he had been very successful doing it. My wife worked for him for over a year before she got her teaching liscensure. I have used him for over 20 years. So he is definitely someone you can trust to do it right. I also plan to have him drawn and it put in the newer pelleted semen before Autumn Oaks. Depending on how that goes will depend on if any frozen semen will be available on him. We can ship chilled semen but the ones I trust to do the collection on that and the surgical implantation of the old style frozen semen are an hour and a half away from me and they are not cheap. So that would be doable with some preplanning but just understand it is going to cost more. We haven't even talked about a Stud Fee on him. So that will need to be decided too. To give everyone an idea of what I think of this hound, I have been breeding Redbones for over 23 years and I have never, never put a hound up for stud before. He's that kind of hound and has that kind of solid breeding to produce more of the same. You are getting some of the best Fireball breeding that my friends up North have been working on for over 20 years and some of the best Fireball breeding that I have been working on for over 20 years all in one hound. Sure nice cutting a dog loose that I have only had in the woods 10 times now including competition hunts and still him being bred so tight I know exactly what he is doing about 95% of the time. Consistency over generations and generations!

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-06-2017 09:30 AM
MidwestRedbone
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

On making him a show champ. Good luck tonight! I don't you will have any problem making a dual grand before redbone days!

Red Creek Kennels
•••••Home of•••••

Old Post 05-06-2017 01:07 PM
MidwestRedbone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MidwestRedbone Click here to Send MidwestRedbone a Private Message Click Here to Email MidwestRedbone Find more posts by MidwestRedbone Add MidwestRedbone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Thanks!

I'm sure hoping so. Here's a pic before things got kicked off today.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 12-12-2017 at 05:51 PM

Old Post 05-07-2017 08:40 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Dan Won his cast at the RQE in Paris

Well it was close but he didn't get qualified for the World Show. Lost to another Redbone out of Danno named Django. So that's all good. :-) Drove over 2 hours to make sure we pulled out with some sure enough coondogs and we did, and they are proven to be so. Especially, the Walker dog in our cast has done some big time winning. Anyway I was honestly hoping to hit a pile of coons and Dan to just get showed up so he could see it could happen to him as he likes to size up his competition which makes me nervous at times. I hadn't hunted him since the Saturday before when he looked the worst I have ever seen him look. I just couldn't get around all week. Dan still came in second in the cast that night though. Anyway we just had no luck putting coons up a tree. The hounds only got treed once and Dan couldn't even find a lay up. You could see by the garmins the hounds were covering the whole area but we just couldn't get anything going. Dan was checking key points for the 3rd and 4th time by the time the hunt was done but he kept staying gone and trying his best to find one. He came zipping by several times but was hunting super hard trying to find anything anywhere and we just had no luck. The one thing I did learn from this is he is going to keep hunting unless he gets called in until the clock stops. This was only his 12th time to the woods in 2 1/2 years. Dan has now won 4 cast and only lost 2. We just didn't have plus points Saturday however. For a hound that is being hunted less than anything he is turned out against and has by far been hunted less than anything he is hunting against in the last several years he is truly showing just how good of a hound he just naturally is.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 05-16-2017 at 06:33 PM

Old Post 05-16-2017 06:24 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Been laid up since last weekend

Haven't been able to do much of nothing all week this week. I couldn't even walk more than 100ft for the first half of the week and could only do that a time or two each day. Am able to walk without looking like I am crippled now but don't think I am going to be able to make any hunts this weekend. Might try for a Show tomorrow but not sure if I can make the drive. Will just have to wait until tomorrow and see. I was hoping to have Dan a NtCh by Redbone Days but having to sit this whole weekend out might mess that up. Had two hunts I planned to hit this weekend that were near each other in Texas. Got two hunts near each other in central Arkansas next weekend so with the way we have been winning cast ol Dan has still got a shot to get there before Redbone Days. He's got his first place and is already a Show Champion. We should have a few wins towards Grand Show before we make it to Redbone Days too.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-20-2017 04:11 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Well we have yet to be out.

It took me over a week to get where I could even walk much. Wasn't able to make any hunts last weekend as I just got so I could walk and was still having bad problems with my back and shoulder issues and had several things that had to be done on the farm too. Still haven't made it in the woods but we are heading up to Redbone Days. Never can tell. Won't be the first time we have went cold turkey to a hunt. And he has won 4 out of 6 cast he has been in so far and has his first place already. Hope to see some of ya there. I'll be there with my hound running on nothing but natural ability.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-01-2017 12:58 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Looking like I have a female pup available

The cross of Ch. Dan above and my Lady female who is a daughter of Barnyard Horse Harry it is looking like I have been backed out on. I can bring it to Redbone Days. If you want her tell me quick have contacted others who have contacted me previously but am posting on here just in case I don't hear from them. Price is $300. Phone # is 479-549-5376 call or text

Below is the pedigree.

Sire's PED:

…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (former #1 historical producing male)
…………Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Rocky (#2 producing son of Fireball)
………………….Bachelor’s Red Flame

**GrandSire...Ch 'PR'Atomic Fireball's D8 Dozer (was started as a coonhound and was good at that but because of his size and my condition he was sent up North and made an excellent Bear hound) (second highest blooded Fireball cross in more modern times) ….Ch. ‘PR’ Atomic Fireball’s the Man x Ch. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Annie

……………………………Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball
…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Oklahoma Red Twister
………….‘PR’ Bell’s Fireball Ann( never beaten in comp. 7 cast wins 0 losses before she was 2)
…………………..Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Bell’s Red Fireball Ginger
……………………………….........Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball
…………………………….‘PR’ Terry‘s Red Hot Sandy (Competition Squirrel Dog

*Sire: Dan Langston

---------------------------GrNtCh. Melton’s Red Fireball
-----------------GrNtCh. Brown’s Ok. Twister
---------------------------Terry’s Miss Mable
----------NtCh. Twister’s Musical Red Huey
---------------------------GrNtCh. Yellow River Red Rocky (Son of Fireball)
-----------------GrNtCh. Yellow River Red Music
---------------------------NtCh. GrWCh. GrCh. Sweet Magnolia Maggie

**GrandDam...NtCh. Kitty/ Music

---------------------------GrNtCh. Yellow River Red ( Son of Rocky & Maggie)
-----------------NtCh. Yellow River Red Doc
---------------------------Yellow River Red Daisy (x2 GrNtCh TimberJack bred)
----------NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon
----------------------------NtCh Red Sage
-----------------GrNtCh. Sawblade Fiddle
----------------------------Hyde’s Running Red Feather

Dam's PED:

………………………………......Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 producing male of all time)
……………………………….Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Rocky(#7 historical producing male)
………………………………........Bachelor’s Red Flame
………………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red
……………………………….Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. ‘PR’ Sweet Magnolia Maggie
………… Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Doc (former Current #1 producing male Redbone #4 historical)
……………………………….Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. ‘PR’ Key’s Outlaw Red Moon (son of GrNtCh.Timber Jack)
………………………..‘PR’ Yellow River Red Daisy
………………………………‘PR’ Evans Dry Valley Red Misty (granddaughter of GrNtCh.Timber Jack)

**Grand Sire: High Scoring Redbone Male in the UKC World Hunt GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry (This is the hound Russ Bellar just bred Get Ahead Lil Red's mom too.)

……………………………….Nt.Ch. Suplhur River Buck
………………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. Sandy Creek Jake (cross produced several other NtCh's) (Only Redbone to win a PKC Pro Hunt)
……………………………….Nt.Ch. Sulfur River Rose
………… PR’ Yellow River Red Rose
……………………………….Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton's My Dog Fireball (Son of Gr.Nt.Ch. Fireball)
………………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Fireball's Hattie (nice little tree dog from early on)
………………………………PR’Melton's Red Bell (daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Oklahoma Charlie who was a son of Gr.Nt.Ch. Fireball)

*Dam: "PR" Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

………………….…………Melton’s Big Red
…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
……………………………Millsap’s Red Sussie
…………Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Yellow River Red Rocky (#7 historical producing male)
……………………………Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Bachelor’s Red Rooster
………………….Bachelor’s Red Flame
…………………………….Pierce’s Red Tess

**Grand Dam: Gr.Ch. ‘PR’ Atomic Fireball’s Little Daisy (Heaviest GrNtCh. Fireball female there is alive and breedable) (qualified for the 2010 World Show) ( She was undefeated in her first 6 shows beating several others that are now Gr.Ch. and one that was qualified for the UKC World Show with an overall record of 8 wins and 1 loss, under 5 different judges ) ( She also had competition in every show but her first. ) (Also have never had any genetic problems from this cross, was done twice with excellent results both times, reason it was done twice) She was a Lightning Fast Tree Dog! .....Ch. ‘PR’ Atomic Fireball’s the Man x Ch. ‘PR’ Atomic Fireball’s Little Annie

……………………………Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
…………………..Gr.Nt.Ch. Ch. ‘PR’ Oklahoma Red Twister (#5 historical producing male)
……………………………Terry’s Miss Mable
………….‘PR’ Bell’s Fireball Ann( never beaten in comp. 7 cast wins 0 losses with a 10th BBCHA Fall-Round-Up and 3rd at Kansas St. )
………………………………........
……………………………‘PR’ Terry’s Running Rusty
………………………………........
…………………..Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Bell’s Red Fireball Ginger( Had 4 1st place Nt.Ch. wins and disappeared at a big hunt in Tx. )
……………………………….........Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Melton’s Red Fireball (#1 historical producing male)
…………………………….‘PR’ Terry‘s Red Hot Sandy (Competition Squirrel Dog)
……………………………….........‘PR’ female grandpup of Mill. Val. Woodpecker

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 06-01-2017 at 06:43 PM

Old Post 06-01-2017 06:05 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

On our way to Redbone Days!

Dan sure ain't hunted up but we are going to turn him loose answer what happens. If you see him in the winners circle it's going to be all him and straight natural ability that puts him there. What other hound does anyone know that has been hunted this little and is still winning 60% of the cast he is entered in, even against titled hounds at RQE's? We may not win a thing but I still know what kind of hound I have on the end of my leash.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-02-2017 07:19 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Got him and me signed up.

Entered in the open registered and I got my Redbone Assoc. dues caught up. Going on 15 years now. Hit a lot of traffic and some jams on the way up but we left in plenty of time. Ol Dan is getting pretty use to these longer trips especially considering he never left the land he was on before. We'll see how things go!

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 06-03-2017 01:46 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

No I'm not gone. :-)

Got plenty of updating to do. Been super busy but finally have some time to sit back relax and get things caught up on here.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-09-2017 01:22 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

I have my first child, a son!

Got busy quick around here but we are getting him settled in. Been coonhunting a little but been doing more baby preperation than anything. :-)
Young hounds are doing well and for the first time in a while I have some young hounds for sale. They will be the perfect age for hitting the woods hard this Fall and Winter. They are out of the Ch. Dan hound I bred up here (Extremely heavy GrNtCh Fireball with GrNtCh Sawblade Fiddle added in). I am showing and hunting for him a 10 year old boy, Dan has a 1st and has won half his cast in competition. The Dam is my Lady female who is out of my GrCh Daisy female (who was the highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball female in the world) and GrNtCh Harry. One of the best litters I have had on my place. That means she is a half sister to GrNtCh Crow.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 09-22-2017 06:06 AM
rilestrademark
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Congratulations on your new arrival.

Old Post 09-22-2017 11:15 PM
rilestrademark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rilestrademark Click here to Send rilestrademark a Private Message Find more posts by rilestrademark Add rilestrademark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Congrats

quote:
Originally posted by rilestrademark
Congratulations on your new arrival.

Thanks! Been a lot of work and little sleep but he is well worth it. Getting excite for the leaves to start dropping so I can get the placings I need to make Dan a NtCh. He has won 5 out of 10 cast and has only been in the woods 6 times other than the competitions in 2 1/2 years, for a total of 16 times he has been hunted in that time. Not many hounds can go cold turkey into the competitions like that and still win half their cast.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 10-22-2017 06:53 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Alright. Finally got a new image hosting site

So I will be updating all pics so everyone can see em again and adding in some more. Getting ready to get things kicked off in the hunts again now that they are being held around the area again.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 12-12-2017 05:53 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Here's a few pics of my newly adopted son.

He's the first working on others, to adopt.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 12-12-2017 06:49 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Over 20 Years of My Fireball Line.

quote:
Originally posted by thecoondawg76
The dog that helped start it all for me. Without Joe and this fine hound I wouldn't have anything I do now or in the past. A big thanks to Joe Melton for pushing this hound. GrNtCh. Melton's Red Fireball. Won AKC/ACHA Reserve World Champion Male, 1985 National Redbone Days Champion, along with many other big wins, also the former #1 historical producing redbone male. The only reason he is not on the current historical list is because he has been gone for so long. He was promoted so much by Joe that he ended up producing 924 pups with 6 GrNtCh's, 20 NtCh for a total of 26 and 28 Ch, 9 GrCh, and 3 GrW. champions.

-------PR Turrentines Red Skoomer
------PR Beverages Red Duke
-------PR Turrentines Red Gypsy Gal
-----GrNtCh PR Georges Red Bugg
-------PR Chomels Red Marvel
------PR Osage Rose
-------PR Chomels Red Rose

----PR Raefs Red Flyer (Have been told he was a very nice hound)

-------PR Indian Creek Red Ranger
------PR Lories Jodi
-------PR Indian Creek Red Lady
-----PR Hubbards Princess Red
-------NtCh PR Lovins Red Duke
------PR Geisters Old Red Belle
-------Ch PR Lovins Red Moss

---PR Melton's Big Red

-------PR Red Man
------PR St. Clairs Red
-------Ch PR Red Ginger
-----Wares Joker
-------NtCh Tall Timber Buzz
------NtCh Tall Timber Red Star (both his parents might go back to NtCh Swing Red Rock)
-------PR Clouses Gallant Lady

----NtCh Gray Ravens Red Tessie

-------Mack
------Houstons Tenn. Red
-------Queen
-----Thomas Sally
-------NtCh PR Tuckers Red Mac Jr.
------PR Kansas Queen
-------Ch PR Bruces Tenn. Polly

*GrNtCh PR Melton's Red Fire Ball* (Won AKC/ACHA Reserve World Champion Male, 1985 National Redbone Days Champion, also the former #1 historical producing redbone male. Been dead to long to be on any list now).

-------PR Penicks Red Wrighter II
------PR Turleys Big Red
-------PR Red Ruby
-----Ch PR Klingels Big Major
-------NtCh PR Twin Creek Bill
------PR Goodrichs Mandy
-------PR Twin Creek Penny

-----GrNtCh PR Parks Cherokee Red (believe it was Dave Dean the big Bluetick man, that said after seeing Red hunt that the Redbone World needed to basically breed everything they had to him after seeing him tree.)

-------PR Jungle Joe (figure this one might go back to Jungle Jim)
------PR Swartzs Bugle
-------PR Bucks Lou Belle
-----PR Klingels Red Daisy
-------PR Missouri Red Rock
------PR Southfork River Pam
-------PR Painters Red Ginger

---PR Millsap's Red Sussie

-------NtCh PR Swing Red Rock (had all the go power in the world) (Brown's Twister was double this hound also) (the CD hounds go back heavy to this hound too) (Sire of Tall Timber Talker also)
------NtCh PR Clouses Silvertone Jet
-------NtCh PR Roberts Red Kate
-----PR Mills Red Hawk
-------PR Lufcys Red Wrighter III
------PR Clouses Silvertone Bell
-------PR Lufcy's Little Margie

----PR Parks Red Rosie

-------Ch NtCh PR Mississippi Mack
------Ch PR Leos Moonlight Rambler
-------PR Moss Midnight Lady
-----PR Parks Green Valley Penny
-------PR Red Robin Jr.
------PR Leos Moonlight Jully
-------PR Joes Red Judy

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 12-12-2017 10:52 PM
vfigg
UKC Forum Member

Hey coondawg76, with all your experience with fireball dogs what do you think would cross good with a b3 dog. Tim figg

Old Post 12-29-2017 07:50 PM
vfigg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vfigg Click here to Send vfigg a Private Message Click Here to Email vfigg Find more posts by vfigg Add vfigg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Hello Tim

B3.
Well there are several routes you could go that are going to give ya a John Henry type cross. Dean had the GrNtCh Bubba hound that his mother was a full sister to NtCh Mandolin. I had the NtCh Music/ Kitty female that was his full sister. And Bobby had the NtCh Annie female that was another full sister. They took that cross Mandolin came from and crossed it to Huey who was out of GrNtCh Twister and Nat.GrNtCh GrNtCh YR Music.
I know they bred Bubba to some females but Dean, Jeff or Darin would be the ones to contact about which crosses they did and which seemed to work best. Not sure if Bobby had anything from Annie or not. Been a bit.
I bred Music/ Kitty to NtCh Shorty(GrNtCh Bookem Danno's full brother) and that cross turned out pretty well. Several that were competition style hounds and some that were not. I tried Breeding her to Turbo and that didn't take she had some issues about then. It was all her. She was 11 by then. I also tried breeding her to a very heavy Fireball and YR GrNtCh up in Wisconsin. But when I got there the hound was sick and wouldn't breed. I then tried calling about breeding to a NtCh full brother of his but that hound had passed. So I ended up breeding her back to my own hound, Dozer(Heaviest Fireball bred male alive outside of the Twister semen pups I had with his full sister), that I had sent to be bear hunted up in Wisconsin. Basically drove all the way up there to breed to my own hound. Lol! Anyway she had a decent sized litter and some very nice pups came from that that had insane volume. I did have one of those runners that the Fireball stuff can throw that are insanely quick track dogs but don't like to tree. Was only the 3rd one of those I have ever had and they were all female. Anyway one of the pups I sold to a 5 year old kid as his present from his grandpa I went to church with. They hunted the hound fairly regular and after trying out several other hounds gave up on finding one as good as this male, out of NtCh Music/Kitty x Ch. Dozer. He then sat for 2 years, after being hunted for 3 years, until I got the VA to fix me up enough to start hunting again for a bit. He has a first and has won half his cast in competition 5-10 and has only been in the woods 17 times in the about 10 months I have had him. So I have bred him to a few females but they are all sold and gone. There is one guy in North Arkansas that has a nice female out of NtCh Jack the heavy Fireball male Preston Owens got from Joe Melton's house that I bred to him and she was a bit tricky to catch but I did catch her after some work and she had 4 pups. Jack had Fireball III in him to so that would give give a pile of the old Fireball breeding along with doubling back on III and give ya a fairly close link to that Doc x Sawblade Fiddle cross. They are planning to keep all 4 of them until they are on up in age a bit more but I can sure put you in contact with them if ya want. Like above Dean and Bobbie might have something that would work well too but I don't remember what all crosses they did.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 01-03-2018 11:07 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

GrNtCh Burger's Pistol

Would be another one you could cross back to. Both sure enough solid coonhounds that produced him and goes back to the same blood. Not sure who has pups out of him though.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 01-03-2018 11:12 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Guess what I'm saying is this.

Ya look at what produced John Henry (who certainly proved what he was) , Woody (Who won about anything there was to be won all in a years span) , Bubba, and my Kitty female (who beat a hound that got 4th in the World Hunt and another hound at the Zones that last I knew had won almost $20,000 in one KC alone) and several other nice hounds. The momma's were all from this cross of Sawblade Fiddle to Doc. So staying close to that to me would be a good idea.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 01-08-2018 05:05 AM