UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 50 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: How you feeling

quote:
Originally posted by townsendhpd
I know that you are probably feeling it today after working on that second coon as long as we did. Talk about a muddy mess I had to wash up tracking collar, boots, lead, and clothes last night before it all dried. Plus got a little knot on the arm from wonder dog thinking she was grabbing the coon.

Sure wish all of them would be as easy as the first tree. Sure was tickled my pup was right there with kitty. Just going to have to keep her in some thick coons and she might just turn into a hound by spring. She surprised me sticking around on that second one and never lost interest. She knew he was there and wasn't going to quit just like daisy and kitty. Sure not bad for an 11 month old that has been figuring it out on her own.

Well I felt like I'd been in a bad car wreck but I could still move. I didn't get locked up like I've been doing for better than 3 years now so definately an improvement. Shoot I'd went tonight just to try it if it weren't for running the church bus. Yeah Gypsy did real well for as long as it took to get that dude out. You can sure tell you' ve put some time in her. I'm getting excited now to get Ann back and drop off Lady so I can get Ann lined out and he can get Lady going good for me.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-07-2013 04:44 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good

Maybe you'll be feeling well enough to try it again around the 15th or 16th. If so we may try and hit up that new place. Getting with the guy tomorrow so he can show me the property lines on google earth to take with us.

Next time we drop at the first place we did the other night we should just turn the pups out and see what they will do and then turn kitty and daisy out if they need help

Old Post 02-07-2013 10:48 PM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sounds good

quote:
Maybe you'll be feeling well enough to try it again around the 15th or 16th. If so we may try and hit up that new place. Getting with the guy tomorrow so he can show me the property lines on google earth to take with us.

Next time we drop at the first place we did the other night we should just turn the pups out and see what they will do and then turn kitty and daisy out if they need help

Hey that'll work. That'd be good for the youngens.
Here's the 2 from the other night. Trying to get that one out of tree and then having him go in a den on the way down to work him out of there just to have ti dig him out of the ground was a bit rough but we got him.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-08-2013 03:23 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Got with the guy about that new place. Had him draw the property lines on this google earth picture I have so we are good to go on it if we want to try our luck over there. Don't think there has ever been a dog hit the ground over there so we should do pretty good and hopefully it will be easy to find them in the trees being curious to the lights.

Will have to meet up and take wheelers over on trailer since there are a few good muddy spots that I'd hate to get rutted up from my truck. Looks to be a good 80 acres or more of creek bottoms and swamp and all the coon we wanna dump out to dogs.

Old Post 02-08-2013 05:18 PM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Got with the guy about that new place. Had him draw the property lines on this google earth picture I have so we are good to go on it if we want to try our luck over there. Don't think there has ever been a dog hit the ground over there so we should do pretty good and hopefully it will be easy to find them in the trees being curious to the lights.

Will have to meet up and take wheelers over on trailer since there are a few good muddy spots that I'd hate to get rutted up from my truck. Looks to be a good 80 acres or more of creek bottoms and swamp and all the coon we wanna dump out to dogs.

Sounds good man. Made a drop by the house tonight. There is finally standing water in there. Only trouble now in there with the water is that after all this dry weather and barely being able to smell Daisy was smelling coon all over. Had to pull off two slicks. Pulled out Kitty after the first slick figured she'd get it straight and she slicked too. All the scent was blowing both their minds . After correction on that we got squared away had one that went up in this bushy mess of a tree that was connected very well to about 15 others and then a den. Lady was doing her usual of staying gone hunting hard and helping out. She got the one that was in the den heated up enough she went to chopping instead of bawling on the track like usual and was hitting a decent lick on the tree until she came to visit me. She's still a babe in the woods becuase of how little she has been. But for this to be her 7th or so time to the woods I sure like her .

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 02-14-2013 at 03:44 PM

Old Post 02-12-2013 06:40 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Good deal

I almost went last night myself but I talked myself out of it since I had to do a little work this morning. Might try and dump out for a little while tonight though. We deffinately need to head to that new place Saturday since we got all this rain should be a good hunt. I'll get with you Thursday or Friday and see if you'll be up to it

Old Post 02-12-2013 10:50 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

GrNtChTwister x GrCh Daisy

Well it's getting closer to the end of season so I am starting to hunt up a few of the people who have pups from here. Haven't heard from one here near me and had a good bit of interest in people looking at breeding to him. One thing for sure they are bred to produce and eventhough they are still pretty young they are producing some nice pups. He has one of the double Kate pups from Bo and Deanna too that is a nice hound but he was keeping him in the pen with a nice younger female of mine for breeding. Well in the meantime he's been hunting his Twister pup pretty hard and he has really came on. Says he covers more ground than anything he's had, is a split treeing, hard treeing machine, that will back, but only does that if he just happened to be in on it. He says that the way he's going he's going to be a competition hound deluxe but he can be hard to keep up with and you never know where he's going to get treed. One things for sure Daisy is sure producing some nice hounds. I've spent a good chunk of money and burnt alot of miles breeding her to the best of the best but I really think she'll be on the reproducers list long as some of the nice onez actually get taken to the hunts. Other areas may not have many pleasure hunters but we sure do down here. Now if I can just get to where I can physically make it in the woods there should be several titles coming out of this area for many years to come. THESE ARE THE PUPS THAT ARE SO HEAVY ON FIREBALL IT'S NUMERICALLY LIKE HE'S THERE DAD! Sure glad that thepeople who had the semen I've bred Daisy to let me have it and we were able to put it to such good use. Sure a shame some of the semen that gets wasted with people trying to use cheap methods or breeding females that haven't really producef. As we all know a real reproducer will reproduce with most any good male she's bred to not just one cross and Daisy sure seems to be doing that. Now if I could just get her to settle down some on the tree power she should be ready for her hunt title to. Just got to get it to where I can get in the woods and not lock up.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 02-23-2013 06:59 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Take it easy

Try and take it easy next week so we can put the dogs in some coons at that new place and I have plenty of rounds to put a lot of fur in their mouths if they can keep up there end.

I may try and come over one day this week and work with gypsy on the bench just depends on how things go. They have some traps set here at work to catch some coons that are getting into buildings so I may have some to turn loose to pups and see what Dan will do now he's back

Old Post 02-23-2013 01:43 PM
David Cathey
Banned

Dozer

says hello. lol We have 2 feet of smow on our stomping grounds and headed out tonite to see if we cant tree one or 2. Been real cold or raining and then freezing along with some virus hitting people hard all over here. Finally some decent weather to get the dogs out. Hows thing down there going? Saw some bad weather headed ur way and always wonder if it hit you or not. Take care and hope to see you at Red days in June.

Old Post 02-23-2013 07:45 PM
David Cathey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Cathey Click here to Send David Cathey a Private Message Click Here to Email David Cathey Find more posts by David Cathey Add David Cathey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

How you feel

Did you get locked up after that hunt last night? Got up this morning and it looks like I got in a fight with several briar patches at once. I've got one heck of a cut across my chin. Sure would have been nice if the dogs would have gotten treed right on the side of the creek.

Hopefully the weather will warn up some so we can hit that spot again soon and get several treed on the outside so that we can start putting fur in mouths.

Old Post 03-04-2013 03:17 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Re: How you feel

quote:
Did you get locked up after that hunt last night? Got up this morning and it looks like I got in a fight with several briar patches at once. I've got one heck of a cut across my chin. Sure would have been nice if the dogs would have gotten treed right on the side of the creek.

Hopefully the weather will warn up some so we can hit that spot again soon and get several treed on the outside so that we can start putting fur in mouths.

Well I was in pretty rough shape. I looked like an 80 year old all stooped over and couldn't hardly lead singing at church becuase of my neck being all locked up. But other than that I was good. Found out the dr is still going to let me drive sure glad for that. Boy was I glad to find that out. This weekend would be perfect being this much warmer. I'm sure glad to see how well Ann (Dozer x Kitty) is doing on track after being hunted some by my other buddy. She sure will open plenty on track to. For a hound that young to hunt that hard, to run that bad of tracks that far and open that well on them I couldn't be happier. She got the best of both styles of drive from Dozer & Kitty. Sure think those pups coming from her and that double Kate male should be a good mix and give em all the drive they need.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-09-2013 05:50 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

That's good

At least you will be able to drive a little while longer. Yeah this weekend would sure been a good one to bad I have to work then lose an hour tonight to top it off. How about we plan on going somewhere this coming weekend. I'm still debating on taking gypsy and showing her since I really haven't had time to work with her but think it would be good to get her out and kind of get use to it at least.

I've got to help in chicken houses Monday then court with a little ot after that Tuesday and my normal work days wed/thur so I'll be ready to go after all that.

Old Post 03-09-2013 11:13 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Call

This was what she was doing when you called. Dang my luck that she hammered him and I had to walk all the way back to the truck for the gun.

Old Post 03-22-2013 03:47 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

hey that's a good problem to have.

Been a many a night I had to do that one or the resupply on shells good times.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-25-2013 02:46 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

well we've got 7 new pups on the ground.

These are heavy line bred fireball on the dam's side who has all the hard going coon finding quick striking drive one could ask for in any breed who is a nice young started female and the sire is a nice solid finished coondog who is from the half brother half sister cross from moonlight kate of deanna bo so he has an all grntch 3 gen ped except for himself and doc. If this hound was in the hunts he would be titled but a serious pleasure hunter has him.
For the first time since I've been back these will not be delivered as i can't make the drive. These will not be performanced. We did this cross for our plans here. Therefore if you want cheaper pups from me the price will be lower on these becuase the expense isn't there like in previous litters. Price on these is 150 picked up here or in little rock if you can meet me for sure and on time on a day I have a va appointment.
#479-549-5376
I'm in Blevins Arkansas availible every evening but wed and sun and all day sat.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 03-25-2013 at 03:05 AM

Old Post 03-25-2013 02:53 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Don't leave the gun behind :) Dusty this reminded me of you the other day. :)

Got a report on another of the Kitty x Dozer pups. He got split on his own and ended up treeing about 45 mins. before they got to him with a gun to shoot out a big boar. Said he strikes quick and can flat smoke a track to boot.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-29-2013 06:34 AM
countryboys
UKC Forum Member

Ok since we got all this Fireball blood on here and the stud that my female is going to get bred to is fireball, Jon Henry. My question is this, she is out of Coffman's Jericho. Do you by chance know how well fireball blood has crossed with Coffman blood?

RIP:
GRNITECH CH 'PR' Country Boy's Cotton

Old Post 03-30-2013 11:06 PM
countryboys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for countryboys Click here to Send countryboys a Private Message Click Here to Email countryboys Find more posts by countryboys Add countryboys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by countryboys
Ok since we got all this Fireball blood on here and the stud that my female is going to get bred to is fireball, Jon Henry. My question is this, she is out of Coffman's Jericho. Do you by chance know how well fireball blood has crossed with Coffman blood?

Well Jericho has Fireball too, in fact about as much as Jon Henry. Those two bloodlines have been crossed together several times by guys down here in the south and else where and it seems to work well. Keeps the hard hunting drive in em from both sides. Only problem is both lines have a tendency if ya aren't careful to turn kind of tight on track if ya don't watch it, like several lines. From what I seen should work just fine.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 03-31-2013 11:36 PM
countryboys
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I like to get a lot of info from people. My female is already a little tight on track but I like that. Even though some of them long nights with a tight mouth dog ain't to fun. Lol.

RIP:
GRNITECH CH 'PR' Country Boy's Cotton

Old Post 04-01-2013 03:49 AM
countryboys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for countryboys Click here to Send countryboys a Private Message Click Here to Email countryboys Find more posts by countryboys Add countryboys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Atomic Fireball's Red River

Well had to get this guy back. He's one of the direct Twister sons born here. I sold him as a pup to a guy I have hunt some of my young ones. I sold the one I originally kept becuase I couldn't hunt him like he needed. This guy has had the woods time he just needs finishing out hoping to finally get in the woods with him in the next few weeks for some pics on the wood. Plus plan to get some of him on the bench.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-11-2013 05:54 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

6/7/2013

Steve here you go in case they didn't come through on the phone

Sure wish we could have gotten a picture of River and Gypsy while they were treeing.
That coon would have gave you fits in a compition hunt with some of the folks not wanting to see a coon in your tree. Maybe with us leaving him up there to run again we will run him again since it was a good track for all of them.

Old Post 06-08-2013 08:18 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Well not getting to go much.

Did have a good night last weekend. Getting to the point I just love to go and listen to the dogs even if I don't see one, just enjoy being able to still go what little I can. Took Kitty and Lady (Daisy x Harry) with me and my buddy Dustyand his Bluetick female. I sure do appreciate him going with me becuase by myself I never known when I'll lock up and can't move. First dump nothing but hounds sure went hunting. Second drop took em a while found one went real deep and I pulled Kitty and Lady off the tree about a mile and a half from where we cut em. They were treed on one of those places we have in some of the old fields around here where they left some big trees in the middle, smaller ones grew up around that and then vines ran from the smaller trees to the big ones making something like a big huge natural tent that the only way you'd see a coon in it was if he jumped on top of ya. I sure enjoyed running them hounds though eventhough I didn't see one.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 07-30-2013 12:20 AM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

New toy

Hey I have a new gadjet to use next time we go hunting. No more worrying about where the wheelers are at or if my dog is coming in when called or still covering ground.

Went to Rogers to Cabelas while at the inlaws and picked up a map card for it too so hopefully I'll have all that on there as well.

Old Post 08-05-2013 03:11 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

hey that sounds great

Should make it easier all around. Especially since the human gps which is myself , is a little off at times with all the pills I have to take now.
Kitty is bred for sure! Belly is getting a little round now. So it's time to bring her in the house where it's cooler. Supposed to be over 100 for several days.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 08-06-2013 05:19 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Pups on the way from NtCh Shorty and NtCh Kitty!

Both Kitty and Shorty are from crosses that produced multiple nite hunt titled hounds. Both are pretty heavy on Fireball with crosses mixed in that have proven themselves to produce well. Both of these crosses have produced hounds that have won plenty in UKC and PKC and beat some high placing and big money winning hounds.Kitty was never put in a hunt until I got her at 6 she made NtCh in five hunts finishing out by winning at an RQE against a hound that placed 4th in the World Hunt. She would have long ago been a GrNtCh but I can't physically handle the hunts now. Shorty has won plenty himself but got coondog paralysis which he has came back from and has wins to GrNtCh. Kitty is now 9 this may be the last litter I have with her if not I will probably do just one more. She still has what takes but with me in the shape I'm in she'll not get her GrNt title. Shorty is still young and has some nice young hounds on the ground. This is breeding a ton of winners to a ton of winners here. I'll post the PED later and you'll see.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 08-12-2013 at 09:12 PM

Old Post 08-06-2013 06:24 AM