UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Who in Tennessee
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

cool deal I live about 6 min away from dry creek if you know where that one is in erwin and about 10 - 20 min away from bumpas cove,kattie creek,clarks creek

Little Girl (Walker)
Rowdy Rebel (Black&Tan-Walker Mix)10/31/2011
www.michaelscustombaits.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-2012 05:45 PM
Coontravker49 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coontravker49 Click here to Send Coontravker49 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coontravker49 Visit Coontravker49's homepage! Find more posts by Coontravker49 Add Coontravker49 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JAMES WADDELL
i hunt all of them most here around the house between greeneville and ervin tn thought i mite include a pic of trix she is allgrand off of cutter and half truth thanks again and good hunting

lol stay away from are mountains up here lol

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 01-30-2012 07:45 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAMES WADDELL
UKC Forum Member

dont worrie old ben i have been known to take the seed but i only take one coon from a tree i may take more than one a nite if i have a young dog doing good but the dog has to show me they want it and earn it and i spend alot of time hunting young dogs most of the time just one dog at a time and never more than two dogs at a time / i live down on 107 below clarks creek and use a garmin with a shock collar on both my dogs they do and will make mistakes but walk a very fine line i expect alot from my hounds and take my hunting with them very serious i guess thats why i most times hunt by myself i like takeing a young dog and watching him turn into a coondog but thats just me guys
thanks and good hunting

Old Post 01-30-2012 08:53 PM
JAMES WADDELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAMES WADDELL Click here to Send JAMES WADDELL a Private Message Click Here to Email JAMES WADDELL Find more posts by JAMES WADDELL Add JAMES WADDELL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
dont worrie old ben i have been known to take the seed but i only take one coon from a tree i may take more than one a nite if i have a young dog doing good but the dog has to show me they want it and earn it and i spend alot of time hunting young dogs most of the time just one dog at a time and never more than two dogs at a time / i live down on 107 below clarks creek and use a garmin with a shock collar on both my dogs they do and will make mistakes but walk a very fine line i expect alot from my hounds and take my hunting with them very serious i guess thats why i most times hunt by myself i like takeing a young dog and watching him turn into a coondog but thats just me guys
thanks and good hunting

i can see that proff in the pudding lol

Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 01-30-2012 09:19 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

lol knowing my luck my coon hounds would turn into bear hounds around here iv done treed 2 bears in the farm land

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 01-31-2012 04:25 AM
Coontravker49 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coontravker49 Click here to Send Coontravker49 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coontravker49 Visit Coontravker49's homepage! Find more posts by Coontravker49 Add Coontravker49 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAMES WADDELL
UKC Forum Member

the best coon dogs i have ever had or seen would tree bear from time to time but that dont make them bear dogs or any less of a coondog they have to make a mistake before you can fix it just got in at 12.30 had a great race over a mile got it treed was a big boar in full rut he was swelled up hope he got his breeding out of the way last night bear and coon run together here is a pic from where i start my pups

Last edited by JAMES WADDELL on 01-31-2012 at 06:05 PM

Old Post 01-31-2012 06:01 AM
JAMES WADDELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAMES WADDELL Click here to Send JAMES WADDELL a Private Message Click Here to Email JAMES WADDELL Find more posts by JAMES WADDELL Add JAMES WADDELL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

I have been told this once before my uncle swears that if a coon dog wont tree a bear a few times that they aint worth havin idk where my problem lays cause iv treed them but i still dont have a coon dog to brag about i used to though the last 2 years of huntin have sucked for me I might tree a coon a month i got lucky a month or so ago and ran a few but i just dont understand whats going on we have taken people to hunt with us with what they say will tree coons and we get nothin set traps to see if i can trap one i get possums or a house cat Iv been about ran over by a coon going in the woods and iv about ran a few of them over around where i hunt if my gf wasnt so attached to the dogs we got then i believe i would be on the market for some new hounds but if it wasnt for my Black And Tan we wouldnt have Treed as many as we have this year last year we treed 2 or 3 that was it this year we have treed 5 or 6 with streak in that patch of woods and treed 5 in a patch of woods that i hardly ever do any good in with a 2 year old dog that has been hunted a few times this year i would say that is fair for him and next year may be one of the best one since he will be 3 and his bloodline hasnt earned any tittles till the age of 3 or thats what i was told from the breeder of him I was once told that you cant train an independent dog well they are right you cant they train themselfs and iv learned this only if i could learn how to keep them from going out so deep

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 01-31-2012 05:02 PM
JAMES WADDELL
UKC Forum Member

it takes alot of time to make a good dog ALOT OF TIME if i was you and didnt want them to go so deep i would pick the best dog and hunt it by its self dogs are like teenage boys you mite have a good child but if you put 3 or 4 of them together one will go with the other doing good or bad that is just my opinion so take it as you want another thing that mite help out is to make you a feeder and put it out but dont kill the coons off of it when you tree them it keeps the coons around it and gives your pups or young dogs something to trail and tree and as long as you keep food in it they will stay around i dont like hunting feeders but they will help start young dogs by giveing you a hot track for your dogs to run thanks and good hunting

Last edited by JAMES WADDELL on 01-31-2012 at 06:11 PM

Old Post 01-31-2012 06:01 PM
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

well guys i guess ill be tryin my luck later i guess

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-03-2012 11:16 PM
JAMES WADDELL
UKC Forum Member

check this thread out

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=481115

Old Post 02-06-2012 03:45 PM
old ben
UKC Forum Member

Re: check this thread out

quote:
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=481115
cool pic james hey iam having a buddy hunt friday night u guys are all welcome its in anderson county

Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 02-06-2012 07:44 PM
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

I started to go but decided not to the other night i may go a few more nights though

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-07-2012 03:38 AM
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

we hunted tonight in the snow treed 3 times the young dogs was on tonight but all den trees check out the video on my buddy's facebook its dark but hear em tree

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=241672959248021

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-12-2012 08:35 AM
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

you guys must be burning the last few days up

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-15-2012 06:32 AM
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-16-2012 06:08 PM
old ben
UKC Forum Member

i been on a 5 day cruise to bahamas lol hunting shade tree 85 degrees

Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 02-21-2012 07:27 PM
JAMES WADDELL
UKC Forum Member

old ben they said a true coon hunter could set at the beach bar and could hear his dog treed every time a wave rolled in..lol

Old Post 02-22-2012 12:34 AM
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

Sounds nice lol Brings me to a song called the Man Song

Hope you all had fun.
Iv got these young dogs tuned up but its took all freakin year and now kill season is almost to an end

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-22-2012 04:37 AM
old ben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Coontravker49
Sounds nice lol Brings me to a song called the Man Song

Hope you all had fun.
Iv got these young dogs tuned up but its took all freakin year and now kill season is almost to an end

LOL iam having a hunt fri night coon starting to slow down not run as far

Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 02-22-2012 12:41 PM
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

LOL Thats good

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-23-2012 01:13 AM
CLJohnson
UKC Forum Member

I hate a coondog that will tree a bear, ruins the night if they get deep in the mountains....One that same note our old female will get her a bear once or twice a year and I would just assume hunt her as anything in the Kennel. None of them are perfect, but if running a bear from time to time is all one does wrong I can live with that.

Middle Creek Kennels:

Home of:

-GRNITECH Ball's Stylish Hickory Nut Harry
GRCH GRNITECH PR' Crow and Grant's Cutter
-GRCH GRNITECH PR' Night Heat Abby

NITECH PR' Middle Creek's Stylish Kate (1st place 2011 UKC Youth National open hunt and overall high scoring treeing walker female. 1st Place Plott Sectional and overall high scoring dog. Qualified for the 2012 UKC World Championship. Qualified for the 2012 Youth Nationals.)

-NITECH PR' MC Queen & Fergys Wipeout Zack
'PR' Wipeout Pebbles
-NTECH PR' Packrat

-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Hard Knockin Stylish Hayes
GRNITECH ‘PR’ Ball’s Stylish Hickory Nut Harry
-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Schmersal’s Stylish Anna

NITECH ‘PR’ Middle Creek’s Stylish Banjo

-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Turpin’s Insane Cain
NITECH ‘PR’ Johnson’s Extreme Jane
-GRNITECH ‘PR’ Treesinging Rambling Roxy

Old Post 02-23-2012 01:41 AM
CLJohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CLJohnson Click here to Send CLJohnson a Private Message Find more posts by CLJohnson Add CLJohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
egkennel90
UKC Forum Member

Sweety 2 on last drop of hunt with the coon.pic taken last week

GRNITECH-Hardwood Sweety 2($345.00 in PKC)(1 win in AKC)(Cast Winner 2013 Autumn Oaks)(Cast winner 2012 & 2013 SETWD)(2014 Autumn Oaks Grand 16)(Qualified for 2014 UKC World)Co Owned By Derrick Dalton
Hardwood Sweety 3
Wipeout Izzy
Clover's Southern Drawl
Tar Hill Wipeout King

Gone But Not Forgotten
NITECH GRCH-Easy Going Jane
NITECH-Easy Going Janie
NITECH-Clyde's Wild Bam
Tar Hill Two

Matt Miller Jr.
Rogersville Tennessee
(423)-327-8066

Old Post 02-23-2012 07:46 AM
egkennel90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for egkennel90 Click here to Send egkennel90 a Private Message Click Here to Email egkennel90 Find more posts by egkennel90 Add egkennel90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

looks good there matt

Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 02-23-2012 09:44 PM
egkennel90
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Ben anyone going to walker days this weekend?

GRNITECH-Hardwood Sweety 2($345.00 in PKC)(1 win in AKC)(Cast Winner 2013 Autumn Oaks)(Cast winner 2012 & 2013 SETWD)(2014 Autumn Oaks Grand 16)(Qualified for 2014 UKC World)Co Owned By Derrick Dalton
Hardwood Sweety 3
Wipeout Izzy
Clover's Southern Drawl
Tar Hill Wipeout King

Gone But Not Forgotten
NITECH GRCH-Easy Going Jane
NITECH-Easy Going Janie
NITECH-Clyde's Wild Bam
Tar Hill Two

Matt Miller Jr.
Rogersville Tennessee
(423)-327-8066

Old Post 02-24-2012 01:36 AM
egkennel90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for egkennel90 Click here to Send egkennel90 a Private Message Click Here to Email egkennel90 Find more posts by egkennel90 Add egkennel90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coontravker49
UKC Forum Member

I have a buddy that was wanting to go but idk if he is or not. Iv always wanted to but never got the extra money

Little Girl (Walker)

Old Post 02-24-2012 02:20 AM