UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Give me your opinion on 1/2 brother and sister cross
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tickman
UKC Forum Member

Give me your opinion on 1/2 brother and sister cross

Is this to close. Same mother . Different fathers. I was thinking about breeding my Amy dog to Blaze. ( Uchtman )

PR. Carl's Raging Ruger (Grnitech Grch PR. Bowen's Blue Deuce x PR Good News Lipstick Ivy)
PR. Carl's Bawling Beretta , loaded with jet 3,4,5,6

R.I.P.
Pr' Solid Northern Blu Diamond Fly.
Pr' Double Springs Blue Tree n Gus
Owner /operator
Rocky Bottoms WV, Blue Kennels
Carl Gilbert (304-336-4701)

Keep them in the timber....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2014 02:04 AM
tickman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tickman Click here to Send tickman a Private Message Click Here to Email tickman Find more posts by tickman Add tickman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Seems no one wishes to weigh in on this subject. Are the individuals you will use what you want in a Coon Dog? Do they hunt like the Mother they are both out of? Or do they hunt more like their respective Sires? On paper it is a half brother, half sister cross. As to your question-"Is this to close?" That depends on the answers to the questions I asked above and that could determine if it is too close, just right or as unrelated as if you had made an outcross. Every time a half brother half sister cross is made the results can be different, it depends on the dogs used, how they are bred (who they took after) and then you MUST select the individual pup(s) if there are any who come closest to hunting like the parents and grand parents. Good luck, I hope this helps a little bit

Old Post 08-26-2014 03:36 AM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

Cw, hey answer some more on this annie and lonesome both have same sire {buzz} annie hunts like her mother early started hits it hard and fast not so good of a mouth,lonesome hunted like buzz does but very independent what will these pups be like in your experience? I haven't done this before and might help others also.they seem to be getting out and looking good getting good reports on them at 5 months old or less?

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 08-26-2014 04:17 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom Jones
UKC Forum Member

imo

with any cross, even a proven one it is a gamble. Just never know how they will turn out. If you're asking if they will be retards lol or look like "the hills have eyes" the answer is no. I have a half bro sis cross gyp who was recently bred back to a nephew of hers, the pups are just 8 wks or so but not a blemish anywhere so far.

Old Post 08-26-2014 02:07 PM
Tom Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Jones Click here to Send Tom Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Jones Find more posts by Tom Jones Add Tom Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tickman
UKC Forum Member

Keep them coming

Thanks

PR. Carl's Raging Ruger (Grnitech Grch PR. Bowen's Blue Deuce x PR Good News Lipstick Ivy)

R.I.P.
Owner /operator

Old Post 08-28-2014 12:29 PM
tickman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tickman Click here to Send tickman a Private Message Click Here to Email tickman Find more posts by tickman Add tickman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

I know of crosses that worked great, and crosses that didn't. It won't succeed or fail just on the basis of being a half brother and sister cross.

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 08-28-2014 07:19 PM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tickman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Craig

That make sense. Don't know till we try it.

R.I.P.
Owner /operator

Old Post 08-28-2014 08:42 PM
tickman
UKC Forum Member

btt

Btt. Keep them opinions coming. Thanks

R.I.P.
Owner /operator

Old Post 08-30-2014 03:47 AM
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Craig Edwards
I know of crosses that worked great, and crosses that didn't. It won't succeed or fail just on the basis of being a half brother and sister cross.

I like this answer... Really just keep in mind of what your doubling up on

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 09-01-2014 01:14 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tickman
UKC Forum Member

A.C

Thanks sir. Keep that in mind.

R.I.P.
Owner /operator

Old Post 09-01-2014 01:37 PM
tickman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Should I be looking at the Grand parents to? Or just the two dog that r breeding. Just my opinion. I was going with the way the to dogs hunted. This will be my first litter. And of course I want to do it right.

R.I.P.
Owner /operator

Old Post 09-01-2014 01:48 PM