UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > 4 year old female
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

4 year old female

I have a 4 year old female for sale. She is out of Gr.Nt Ch. Underwoods Blue Ruger x Nt.Ch.Metcalfs Southern Blue Cotton. Candy will run and tree her own coon. Candy opens a lot on the ground ( more than I prefer) comes on the tree nicely and is a nice tree dog. She has an average mouth that carries nicely. I bought Candy to hunt with a couple young dogs I have and one of my young dogs needs singled out and that is what I will be hunting. Candy has her faults although she is a pretty decent little dog. The biggest fault I see in her is she will work a track and tree sometimes and I believe it to be a squirrel because I usually see a nest or small hole in the tree. I have not tried to correct her on this. She has caught one opossum on the ground for me also. Candy is not ill at all towards other dogs and she loves attention. I bred Candy one time and the puppies were 6 days early from the second hook up and 8 days early from the first hook up and none survived. 7 puppies were born dead 2 lived a couple hours and 2 lived 2 days and died. She had 11 total and none made it. I'm not sure why the puppies were born so early. This was the first time she had ever been bred. I have seen Candy split tree and have coon but she is not what I would call an independent hound. I have videos of her treeing alone and with another dog if anyone wants to see them I will text them to you. I have pictures of her also. I live in Washington Court House Ohio and my number is 614-425-9287. The price on Candy is $1200. Darian Dillion

Last edited by SMOKENBLUES on 11-15-2018 at 02:21 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2018 02:18 PM
SMOKENBLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKENBLUES Click here to Send SMOKENBLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKENBLUES Find more posts by SMOKENBLUES Add SMOKENBLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

Candy

Candy is currently in heat so I will be unable to take anyone hunting with her until she goes out. She has not been hunting much due to me trying to single out my young dog. This is a big reason she is for sale. I have had a few calls on Candy but she is still available.

Old Post 12-05-2018 01:51 PM
SMOKENBLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMOKENBLUES Click here to Send SMOKENBLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email SMOKENBLUES Find more posts by SMOKENBLUES Add SMOKENBLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bennett564
UKC Forum Member

If you were closer she would come to my house. I own a litter mate female to her. One of the best I’ve ever walked behind.

Old Post 12-05-2018 04:07 PM
bennett564 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bennett564 Click here to Send bennett564 a Private Message Click Here to Email bennett564 Find more posts by bennett564 Add bennett564 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Hey Mr. Jones I used to lI've in Asheboro NC, I used to hunt with a fellow named Russell Cox, do you know if he is still alive ?? He lived in Bennett.

Old Post 12-05-2018 06:51 PM
Sparks5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparks5 Click here to Send Sparks5 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparks5 Find more posts by Sparks5 Add Sparks5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bennett564
UKC Forum Member

Sparks5 yes I sure do. Know Russell very well. Rabbit hunt with him pretty regular.

Old Post 12-05-2018 07:26 PM
bennett564 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bennett564 Click here to Send bennett564 a Private Message Click Here to Email bennett564 Find more posts by bennett564 Add bennett564 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Wow, really, I sure miss him, he was my best friend, we had some good redbones, please tell him Keith Sparks said hello. Thanks !!

Old Post 12-05-2018 07:33 PM
Sparks5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sparks5 Click here to Send Sparks5 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sparks5 Find more posts by Sparks5 Add Sparks5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Mr. JONES

Send me your phone number and I will text ya, I've got blue dogs now.

Old Post 12-05-2018 07:42 PM
Sparks5
UKC Forum Member

Mine is (256) 612-8975.

Old Post 12-05-2018 07:46 PM
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

Candy

I took Candy out for the first time in quite sometime last night with a friends nice walker male. First tree they treed was a big oak and didn't see the coon. The second turn loose they split treed Candy was 300 yards to the left and my buddies dog was almost 900 yards to our right and they both had coons.

Old Post 01-03-2019 01:04 PM
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

Candy

btt

Old Post 01-24-2019 06:56 PM
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

Candy

Candy's Birthdate is 4/8/14.

Old Post 02-05-2019 06:15 PM
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

Candy

I finally got Candy out again. She is fat and out of shape. I turned her with a friends good walker male and first turn loose she struck followed by friends male. He treed just ahead of her and it was a large hickory tree and was slick. We sent them on and Candy struck followed by the male and he treed and Candy backed him and they had the coon. Third turn loose Candy struck followed by the male Candy fell treed and the male backed her and they had another coon. Candy is a pretty decent dog that could compete in some hunts if hunted up and given a chance. I will be working out of town a lot this year and Candy will just not get hunted much. When I do get to go I will be trying to hunt my young male. If interested in a pretty decent female feel free to contact me. Thanks

Old Post 02-27-2019 02:00 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Darian is as honest as they come and he knows what a coon dog is. I’m sure she is a better dog than he is describing her as and would be well worth checking out.

Old Post 02-28-2019 04:28 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SMOKENBLUES
UKC Forum Member

Sold

Candy has been sold. Thank you to the ones who called and messaged about Candy.

Old Post 03-18-2019 12:44 AM