UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > questions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MrsBaker
New UKC Forum Member

questions

Can I take parts of the sire and dam's name and combine them to get my pups name?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2011 03:57 PM
MrsBaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBaker Click here to Send MrsBaker a Private Message Click Here to Email MrsBaker Find more posts by MrsBaker Add MrsBaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

You can name a dog whatever you want. It's your dog.

Old Post 12-27-2011 04:08 PM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrsBaker
New UKC Forum Member

?s

Thanks Virgil. some one said I couldnt do that so I had to ask the experts. can ya help me out with checking out the mom and dad pedigree's?

Old Post 12-27-2011 04:27 PM
MrsBaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBaker Click here to Send MrsBaker a Private Message Click Here to Email MrsBaker Find more posts by MrsBaker Add MrsBaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Royal_BlueHound
UKC Forum Member

I agree it is your pup, name it how you would like. I used part of both the dam and sire's name to make my pups name and then added a little bit of me to her name!!!!

'PR' Pixys Royal Blue Shooter

Old Post 12-27-2011 04:32 PM
Royal_BlueHound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Royal_BlueHound Click here to Send Royal_BlueHound a Private Message Click Here to Email Royal_BlueHound Find more posts by Royal_BlueHound Add Royal_BlueHound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Put the full names of the sire and dam and someone on here should be able to give you some info. on them.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 12-27-2011 05:25 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Virgil
You can name a dog whatever you want. It's your dog.
are you sure about that virgil

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 12-27-2011 06:32 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by old ben
are you sure about that virgil

Well UKC has the discretion to reject a name if it is vulgar or offensive or something like that but in this case that wouldn't apply. She is just wanting to know if she can name the dog after the dogs parent's. In that case as long as it fits into the little boxes on the dogs papers where you fill in the name you are good.

Old Post 12-27-2011 07:14 PM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Re: ?s

quote:
Originally posted by MrsBaker
Thanks Virgil. some one said I couldnt do that so I had to ask the experts. can ya help me out with checking out the mom and dad pedigree's?
Maybe "someone" was referring to AKC regs, In the conformation breeds you can register a kennel name so people cant ripoff the names, or use your lines to promote their own,

Old Post 12-27-2011 07:16 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrsBaker
New UKC Forum Member

?s thanks

Thank you to all. You have been very helpfull.

Old Post 12-27-2011 11:04 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

I named one Pac's-A-Lotto-Lip

Pac Man, Texas Lotto and Lipper

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 12-27-2011 11:11 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

Re: Re: ?s

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
Maybe "someone" was referring to AKC regs, In the conformation breeds you can register a kennel name so people cant ripoff the names, or use your lines to promote their own,

it came from there kennel dna there blood what are they shammed
of

Old Post 12-27-2011 11:14 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

thats not the point, in akc some people used to try too use an old kennel name even though their dog isn't blooded that way. Here is an example in a toy dog breed there is a line over 100 years old called Great Elms, lots of champs and best in shows in this line. Without this name being restricted any backyard breeder could use this kennel name without having a drop of great elms blood in them.

Old Post 12-28-2011 01:02 AM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
thats not the point, in akc some people used to try too use an old kennel name even though their dog isn't blooded that way. Here is an example in a toy dog breed there is a line over 100 years old called Great Elms, lots of champs and best in shows in this line. Without this name being restricted any backyard breeder could use this kennel name without having a drop of great elms blood in them.

see if this is the point if they wanted to know about akc they would
have went to there web site. that is still not the answer

Old Post 12-28-2011 03:07 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Currens Jr.
see if this is the point if they wanted to know about akc they would
have went to there web site. that is still not the answer

I don't know Lee I have seen many questions and comments on here where the people were confused concerning rules from other registries and so on, by the way i only commented on this to try increase my number of posts, my 500 plus pales to your 5000 pluss lol

Old Post 12-28-2011 03:49 AM