UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha question...walking back to truck
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
NiteHeat
UKC Forum Member

Alpha question...walking back to truck

How do you set it up so the scrren looks just like your walking into the dog? Mine just has an aarow and a small pink line. I dont like the look of it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-20-2014 08:27 PM
NiteHeat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NiteHeat Click here to Send NiteHeat a Private Message Click Here to Email NiteHeat Find more posts by NiteHeat Add NiteHeat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

That is because you turned the Navigation on by telling it to GO to truck. Just don't do anything and stay on the map page and follow the TRACK you made going into the tree. I am not sure what color you have it set up for but say you have the TRACK set for yellow. When your walking to the tree it will lay down a yellow line. Get to the tree and follow it back or cut a corner and then just get back to the yellow line and follow it. Best way I know how to get back to where you came from. Down here you have to pick the best way in and that line will keep you on the best way out also.

Old Post 11-20-2014 09:07 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Max LeBleu
UKC Forum Member

When I am walking back to the truck I hit "go" to the waypoint I marked and then I go to compass. Then you just walk the direction the arrow is pointing on the compass.

If you mark the truck as "Truck" then the next time you mark as truck it will wipeout the previous mark that was truck. That's why i mark with a waypoint number. Over time you will have all spots marked. Having all these waypoints sure helps in deciding which way is best going in.

Old Post 11-20-2014 09:27 PM
Max LeBleu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Max LeBleu Click here to Send Max LeBleu a Private Message Click Here to Email Max LeBleu Find more posts by Max LeBleu Add Max LeBleu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Max LeBleu
UKC Forum Member

Another thing that makes using the Alpha easier is to customize your buttons. The ones I use the most I have showing up on the main page. This cuts down on a lot of scrolling.

I have "Mark", "Where to", "Compass", and "Dog List" that show up on the main page.

Old Post 11-20-2014 09:36 PM
Max LeBleu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Max LeBleu Click here to Send Max LeBleu a Private Message Click Here to Email Max LeBleu Find more posts by Max LeBleu Add Max LeBleu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Morgan
UKC Forum Member

Max learned all that from Tommy Primeaux. Hey man, How you doing?

Old Post 11-24-2014 12:09 AM
David Morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Morgan Click here to Send David Morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email David Morgan Find more posts by David Morgan Add David Morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squirrelhunter7
UKC Forum Member

sometimes I wish the alpha didn't do quite so much. I still have a little trouble using mine

Old Post 11-24-2014 12:16 AM
squirrelhunter7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for squirrelhunter7 Click here to Send squirrelhunter7 a Private Message Click Here to Email squirrelhunter7 Find more posts by squirrelhunter7 Add squirrelhunter7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote