UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Biggest ever Ohio Coon
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

Biggest ever Ohio Coon

This is the biggest Ohio coon I have ever seen. This thing was as big as my dog. I'm glad it came out dead.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-11-2014 06:19 AM
Chris Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Horner Click here to Send Chris Horner a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Horner Visit Chris Horner's homepage! Find more posts by Chris Horner Add Chris Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
midnite2010
UKC Forum Member

My little buddy treed a 24 and half coon here In Indiana

Old Post 11-11-2014 06:33 AM
midnite2010 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for midnite2010 Click here to Send midnite2010 a Private Message Click Here to Email midnite2010 Find more posts by midnite2010 Add midnite2010 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Big coon.....

About 6 years ago, myself and Aaron Miller killed one that looked like a baby bear, he weighed it and it was 26#........ A Whopper....!!!

That's a nice one Chris.......!!!!

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-11-2014 07:57 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

He was 37#

Old Post 11-11-2014 06:23 PM
Chris Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Horner Click here to Send Chris Horner a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Horner Visit Chris Horner's homepage! Find more posts by Chris Horner Add Chris Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prostockpat
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Horner
He was 37#

37LBS.? WOW
AND IT CLIMBED!!
WAS IT A OLDER COON,FEW TEETH,ETC.?

'Pr' Nitech. Stylish Clover Shark Jill
Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch
Queen of hunt TWBFA Walker Sectional.Franklin Co. Coonhunters{Oh.}2013.

Old Post 11-11-2014 06:34 PM
prostockpat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prostockpat Click here to Send prostockpat a Private Message Click Here to Email prostockpat Find more posts by prostockpat Add prostockpat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Here are three I killed when I was in high school here in Indiana. still the biggest coon I've ever killed. They was all from the same woods by an old slick treein Rat Attack female I had. They was 27,28 & 31 lbs.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 11-11-2014 07:21 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Just an average Iowa coon

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mul...sort=3&o=66

Old Post 11-11-2014 07:57 PM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prostockpat
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by mulerider

Looks like a deer hunters pic!! lol
How long could you hold that coon out with your arms straight?
nice coon.

Old Post 11-11-2014 08:18 PM
prostockpat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prostockpat Click here to Send prostockpat a Private Message Click Here to Email prostockpat Find more posts by prostockpat Add prostockpat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Not very long! He was 38 lbs but had almost 8 inch ear spread!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mul...sort=3&o=64

Last edited by mulerider on 11-11-2014 at 08:33 PM

Old Post 11-11-2014 08:26 PM
mulerider is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mulerider Click here to Send mulerider a Private Message Find more posts by mulerider Add mulerider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prostockpat
Banned

1 time

Back in late 80's my dogs bayed up a big old bore coon in a big rotted stump that was all grown over.I don't think he could climb anymore,and used it for his home{no coyotes then}.Hardly any teeth,what was there was wore flat.He weighed 38lbs. next day at fur buyers.
Got 58.00 for him whole.Lost coon contest for the year by 1lb.{if he was honest,or just didn't want to pay up}.Haven't treed/seen anything that big since.

Bigger coon range 20-25lb around here.

Last edited by prostockpat on 11-11-2014 at 08:47 PM

Old Post 11-11-2014 08:45 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Them coon bigger than my dog. A great big coon here is 19-20

Old Post 11-11-2014 09:26 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan J
UKC Forum Member

The biggest I have ever shot was 42lbs and it was weighed 2 days after I killed it.

Old Post 11-11-2014 09:35 PM
Ryan J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan J Click here to Send Ryan J a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan J Find more posts by Ryan J Add Ryan J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

That is a Big One Chris for the State of Ohio. I live in the southern part of the state and the Biggest I ever took weighed 23 1/2 lbs. I have never taken anything that big down here and over the past 40 some years of hunting I have probably harvested somewhere near 2500 to 3000 coon.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 11-11-2014 10:20 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Gray
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Are you serious?

Old Post 11-11-2014 10:21 PM
Brian Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Gray Click here to Send Brian Gray a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Gray Add Brian Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Gray
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1
Here are three I killed when I was in high school here in Indiana. still the biggest coon I've ever killed. They was all from the same woods by an old slick treein Rat Attack female I had. They was 27,28 & 31 lbs.

Love those slick treeing dogs. If you run on to any more of those slick treers that tree those monsters and don't know what to do with it give me a call. Them are some darn nice rickeys.

Old Post 11-11-2014 10:24 PM
Brian Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Gray Click here to Send Brian Gray a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Gray Add Brian Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Brian

Its not an average Iowa coon but was a nice one

Old Post 11-11-2014 10:28 PM
Brian Gray
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Brian

Its not an average Iowa coon but was a nice one

For sure a nice one!! I was fixin to come to Iowa if that was a average one.

Old Post 11-11-2014 10:30 PM
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

Well I have hunted coon for 35 years and the biggest I ever saw in ohio was 27# and I thought that was BIG. This 37# boar had been eating cat food for the last 3 years from a farm house about a 1/4 mile from where I treed him. I tried to catch him in a live trap a couple years ago but he was to big to get in it all the way and always got free. The lady at the Farm house said he was bigger than her house dog. Now I see what she was talking about.

Old Post 11-11-2014 11:14 PM
mulerider
UKC Forum Member

Here is another "average Iowa Coon". The dog weighed 42lbs. Didnt weigh the coon. She killed inside the tree in the background. I had to dig the hole out. she had dug it full from the inside.

Old Post 11-11-2014 11:34 PM
JLP 64
UKC Forum Member

coon

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Them coon bigger than my dog. A great big coon here is 19-20
same around here

Old Post 11-11-2014 11:43 PM
JLP 64 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JLP 64 Click here to Send JLP 64 a Private Message Click Here to Email JLP 64 Find more posts by JLP 64 Add JLP 64 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

If all our coon where that size I would be afraid to leave dog unhooked while shooting them out. Something that size could kill them from 80' up a tree.

Old Post 11-13-2014 08:38 PM
coonsmen
UKC Forum Member

this was taken in Illinois but this was and is by far the biggest coon I've ever skinned out. I'm not sure how much it weighed. it was to far back to the truck to carry him out but it was a lot. when he fell out of the tree it sounded like a bear hitting the ground.

Old Post 11-13-2014 09:46 PM
coonsmen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonsmen Click here to Send coonsmen a Private Message Click Here to Email coonsmen Find more posts by coonsmen Add coonsmen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 11-13-2014 10:01 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Horner
He was 37#
u mean 27# ?

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 11-14-2014 03:16 AM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan J
The biggest I have ever shot was 42lbs and it was weighed 2 days after I killed it.
oh come on now

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 11-14-2014 03:23 AM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote