UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Yadkin Tar Rattler
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintarattler
UKC Forum Member

Yadkin Tar Rattler

Hello everybody,this is Jerry Hall.i have a rattler story to tell for those interested.when my dad Delton Hall bought rattler he was 9 years old and had 100 pups on the ground.in the 3 years he had him he put 1000 pups on the ground.when rattler got older he was harder to breed,so we raised his stud fee to 1000.at the time of rattlers death we had 26 females lined up for breeding.it took a great promoter and breeder.as well as one of the greatest hounds of all time to make this happen.thanks to my dad for having rattler collected and selling the semen to Steve Kinney at odyssey kennels this great bloodlines continues strong as ever today.thanks for reading!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2018 01:46 AM
yadkintarattler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintarattler Click here to Send yadkintarattler a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintarattler Find more posts by yadkintarattler Add yadkintarattler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

That's not entirely true sir... We bred sassy to tar rattler when Buzzy Schultz owned him over here in Minnesota. . Tar Rattler had around 300 pups on the ground at that time.. your dad bought him in early 91 from Buzzy Schultz.. Delton did a good job promoting that dog and he did get a bunch of pups on the ground out of him.. but it wasn't 900.. And if it wasn't for lockdown Lassie and Moonshiners Sassy he wouldn't have bred as many females as he did. Jess bred Lassie , and we bred Sassy to rattler before your dad bought him... those crosses sent tar rattler in high demand at the time... Your dad did a good job with that dog, but I'll just say this.. he had some help..

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 01-27-2018 07:37 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jesse
UKC Forum Member

contact info for anyone of the tar rattler insane jane studs

Old Post 01-29-2018 10:58 PM
jesse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jesse Click here to Send jesse a Private Message Click Here to Email jesse Find more posts by jesse Add jesse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmarshall
UKC Forum Member

Just picked this female up!

Old Post 01-29-2018 11:16 PM
tmarshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmarshall Click here to Send tmarshall a Private Message Click Here to Email tmarshall Find more posts by tmarshall Add tmarshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintarattler
UKC Forum Member

Hey,Jay.yes he had some help,but ultimately it is the dogs being bred male and female both in my opinion.rattler was crossed many times with lipper females.seemed like that cross was very effective at producing very loud and very hard tree dogs.anyway i think out of all the big name stud dogs being pushed today,i will stick with rattler blood.hard to beat in my opinion.

Old Post 01-30-2018 01:47 AM
yadkintarattler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintarattler Click here to Send yadkintarattler a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintarattler Find more posts by yadkintarattler Add yadkintarattler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I never got into the Rattler dogs but I know a lot about Jeff and the Yadkin River strain, How about the guy that was the breeder of Rattler and the guys that trained and put the wins on him his whole life till he was 9 years old. Delton had nothing to do with that. I mean if it wasn't for the breeder the dog wouldn't have existed. Who should get the credit for the dog the guy that bought it when it was ready to die? When a dog is 9 or 10 years old there done. JMO

Old Post 01-30-2018 05:31 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jesse
UKC Forum Member

t marshal how old is the female you just got is there anymore if so contact info please,want to sell yours lol

Old Post 01-30-2018 09:48 AM
jesse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jesse Click here to Send jesse a Private Message Click Here to Email jesse Find more posts by jesse Add jesse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tmarshall
UKC Forum Member

They were born 6/04/16 No not for sale Thanks!

Old Post 01-30-2018 10:17 AM
tmarshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmarshall Click here to Send tmarshall a Private Message Click Here to Email tmarshall Find more posts by tmarshall Add tmarshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintarattler
UKC Forum Member

You are right there were a lot of people that helped get rattler where he was.but why in the last 3 years of his life did he put more pups on the ground than in his first 9 years.because delton was a great promoter and very selective in only breeding to proven females.you can look at it many ways but look back thru 50 years of the american cooner.he has had many great stud dogs.wore out many new pickups going all over the country to the bigest hunts. this is just from me jerry hall his son.i always said,if you want to see what kind of dog man you are quit your day job.he has only done dogs since 1988.and made a very comfortable living.

Old Post 01-30-2018 08:31 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Back in the day, I bought Gr. Nite Ch. Andersons Slammer that was on the cover of The Prohound Magazine and was a money winner when he was 7 years old and about the same to I bought Gr. Nite Ch. Swift Creek Max that was leading N.C. in the money hunts and was 15th. in the World on standings I think in 1995. He was about 7 years old also. Slammer was out of Lawyer and a Dohoney Boone female. Max was out of Hillbilly Mac and a W.C. Deamon female, Max and Slammer were both well bred and were both COONDOGS. I paid less then a thousand for each at 7 years old. They were 10,000 dogs when they were 3 and 4 years of age. The guys that had them knew at 8 years old no one would want them, you get a dog that 9 or 10 your looking at a 4 or 5 hundred dollar dog at the MOST if you can even sell it..... JMO

Old Post 01-31-2018 03:07 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jesse
UKC Forum Member

what kind of a mouth did rattler have?What was his strong points and weak points, what was his tracking like

Old Post 02-02-2018 01:55 AM
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Re: Yadkin Tar Rattler

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintarattler
Hello everybody,this is Jerry Hall.i have a rattler story to tell for those interested.when my dad Delton Hall bought rattler he was 9 years old and had 100 pups on the ground.in the 3 years he had him he put 1000 pups on the ground.when rattler got older he was harder to breed,so we raised his stud fee to 1000.at the time of rattlers death we had 26 females lined up for breeding.it took a great promoter and breeder.as well as one of the greatest hounds of all time to make this happen.thanks to my dad for having rattler collected and selling the semen to Steve Kinney at odyssey kennels this great bloodlines continues strong as ever today.thanks for reading!

Tell your Dad, Bobby Gathright said hello. I hope his health is improving every day. I've known your Dad for over 40 years.

Old Post 02-13-2018 07:33 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintarattler
UKC Forum Member

Ok,Bobby

Old Post 02-16-2018 03:50 AM
yadkintarattler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tmarshall
Just picked this female up!

that will make a great female.keep me updated on progress.or if you decide to sell her!

Old Post 02-16-2018 03:56 AM
tmarshall
UKC Forum Member

Okay!

Old Post 02-16-2018 09:34 AM
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

rattler

is there any rattler seemen available ?
Thanks

Old Post 02-18-2018 05:15 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

I have knew Delton most of my life. I have hunted Tar Rattler dogs all my life. My dad Robert Hitt and Delton are good friends and have been partners on many dogs. I just started Hitt Kennels and everything that I hunt goes back to rattler. These dogs do me just fine and tree coons are also hard to bet in competition hunts. Tell Delton Corey said Hi and hope to see him at a hunt soon. Keeping the Yadkin Tar Rattler blood flowing.

Old Post 03-08-2018 12:30 AM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Jay why you knock on rattler so hard he gave you the only 5 minutes of fame you ever had and you haven't been famous since not for your lack of trying tho. I never been famous tho because I didn't try maybe I should try who knows I might make it lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-08-2018 12:19 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by jesse
what kind of a mouth did rattler have?What was his strong points and weak points, what was his tracking like
rattler had a nice mouth and was a good track dog. Rattlers strong points was the man that hunted him early on. He only had one weakness,sometimes not often. He was a coondawg,period.

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:11 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
Back in the day, I bought Gr. Nite Ch. Andersons Slammer that was on the cover of The Prohound Magazine and was a money winner when he was 7 years old and about the same to I bought Gr. Nite Ch. Swift Creek Max that was leading N.C. in the money hunts and was 15th. in the World on standings I think in 1995. He was about 7 years old also. Slammer was out of Lawyer and a Dohoney Boone female. Max was out of Hillbilly Mac and a W.C. Deamon female, Max and Slammer were both well bred and were both COONDOGS. I paid less then a thousand for each at 7 years old. They were 10,000 dogs when they were 3 and 4 years of age. The guys that had them knew at 8 years old no one would want them, you get a dog that 9 or 10 your looking at a 4 or 5 hundred dollar dog at the MOST if you can even sell it..... JMO
X2, swift creek max was a coondawg, competed with him on a few ocassions when Mr Williams owned him . I was hunting a female out of the original river bend lonesome and a Finley rv bred gyp
She was a coondawg too.

Old Post 03-22-2018 02:22 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

There was two Swift Creek Max's the one I had was Johnny Creech handled for a guy I think, It's been a long time ago. The other Max dog was in Mississippi, Dave Luckett owned him..

Old Post 04-14-2018 01:43 AM