UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Outsider
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

Outsider

There is little or no discussion on UKC about him being for sale. Any ideas on where he may be located when the dust settles?

Last edited by x145merlin on 07-24-2016 at 06:16 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-24-2016 05:27 PM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

As far as I know he is still at Ben moss and jake Jenkins and they are still the owners but he may have been sold but I can assure there is now secret about it if he was. .

Old Post 07-24-2016 07:43 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

I never thought this dog would get passed around like he has.

Old Post 07-24-2016 10:01 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

He is heavily Deventer bred on bottom and those dogs are quirky as hell. Most are one man dogs or close to it. The worst possible thing you could do with that line of breeding is pass it around time and again. That breeding is definately not for everyone.

I have never laid eyes on him but I do own a breeding to him stored at Bitzels and will probably breed him to my Sarah gyp in the future. But I have hunted with his littermate, aunts, uncles, and cousins and my comments above are based on what I have seen in that line.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Last edited by JiM on 07-24-2016 at 10:50 PM

Old Post 07-24-2016 10:44 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
x145merlin
UKC Forum Member

can they recover from being passed around

Is a "one man" dog, a dog that will hunt best for one specific individual or hunts best when hunted with one individual over a long period of time? If a dog is a "one man" dog, and ends up getting passed around, can they overcome the issues they develop from getting passed around? thx

Old Post 07-25-2016 01:14 AM
x145merlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for x145merlin Click here to Send x145merlin a Private Message Click Here to Email x145merlin Find more posts by x145merlin Add x145merlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

One man hound.

My Outsider hound is like that. I traded with a guy and he told me the hound acted like he was afraid of him and whenever he went to the tree he would stop. I brought him back and he loves it when we hunt and hunts and trees hard. But he's gonna be a hound where I either need to be close to the judge or have the card because he don't like it when someone else comes into the tree. Acts scared.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 07-25-2016 01:24 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NiteRageLink
UKC Forum Member

Jim just about summed it up to a T. The two I've got require a lot of attention and they crave sharing a tight bond with me. I could lay them up for 2 weeks and it wouldn't have hardly any effect on them by changing up the consistency of our hunting routines as long as I spend time with them regularly. I may have them a little spoiled letting them ride up front in the truck, taking them to the mountains for trout fishing trips, or bringing them over to my grandmas to visit her with me, and other things like that but it never hurts their hunting style, if anything I think it helps. It's when I can't spend as much time with them like that is when all hell breaks loose in the woods and at home. Some people might think they might be a little high maintenance or too clingy but I love spending time with them as much as they love spending time with me and I wouldn't want to have it any other way. I'm starting to see the same thing out of our puppies from Katy and Outsider and I don't think that's a bad thing at all, watching them grow every day puts a huge smile on my face and I truly believe all 6 of them are going to be very special, both in the woods and as a companion.

Old Post 07-25-2016 04:57 AM
NiteRageLink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NiteRageLink Click here to Send NiteRageLink a Private Message Click Here to Email NiteRageLink Find more posts by NiteRageLink Add NiteRageLink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote