UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Announced New Line Up For 2016
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis McCoy
Richard, I am thinking about trading my Tri-tronics and Garmin in for an Alpha and TT15. How are you going to keep up with your dog during a competition hunt when time-out is called and your Alpha is in the truck?
You can have the Alpha on you,,and not leave it in the truck,,as long as you use the T5 collar,,
The T5 collar only tracks,,it has no training features on it

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-19-2016 03:50 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Its funny how people get sucked into these sales gimmicks with this technology. Just like cell phones. The next phone is the next greatest thing cause its got 1 more megapixel then the other. O and it cost 200 more dollars. But people cant help themselfs. Gotta have it cause theyre told they do. I call bs wen i hear this technology is advancin. U cant convince me wen the 320s came out that they didnt have the ability to make them just as good as a alpha or 430. They put somethin out push it till they hit its peak. Then come out wit somethin new only a slight bit different. Right off the bat half the people gotta have it and trade up. Then they get that new thing goin. Then to make the other half switch they discontinue the old. And year after year gadget after gadget gettin more and more money out of ya. I understand the 90s wit the beep beeps and switchin to garmins. K i got that. But the new millenium? The technology is there. Just need to figure out how to get the most money out of ya

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 06-19-2016 05:06 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Keep one of your old DC-50 collars and with the new updates you can use it when you comp hunt or when you are pleasure hunting with 2 dogs. I always take an old dog and a pup so I can put the TT-15 on the pup and the DC-50 on the old dog. I bet that there will be a flurry of trading going on now. I have already gotten 3 PM's asking me where can they do a trade. But since I posted this, the vendors are going to get so overloaded that they won't allow you much on trade-in now. You might have to wait until after the big rush is over.

Old Post 06-19-2016 05:13 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AppalachianBlue
Its funny how people get sucked into these sales gimmicks with this technology.....I call bs wen i hear this technology is advancin. U cant convince me wen the 320s came out that they didnt have the ability to make them just as good as a alpha or 430......

Oh my goodness, do you really believe that. I guess that Garmin doesn't have a research and development dept. And "sales gimmicks", where do I go to read/see these "sales gimmicks". Do you think that when they came out with those old bulky cell phones in a bag (Do you even remember them) that they already had flip phones? And when they came out with the little flip phones that they already had the skinny smart phones? Do you think that when Henry Ford built the first 4 cyl model T that he knew how to make a flathead V-8? And when Ford made that first flat head that they already knew how to make a modern 800 horsepower turbocharged V-8? Do you really think that when the Carter and Holley Companys made their first quadrajet and dual pumper carbaruaters that they knew how to make electronic fuel injection? Do you think that when RCA made their first black and white TV that they had any idea where they would go from there?
Thank goodness for continuing research and development and ongoing technology. Thanks Garmin, keep on doing your research and getting better. Some of us appreciate it.

Old Post 06-19-2016 05:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Lol got a lil somethin on the end of ur nose there. Chill. Got stock in em or somethin.

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 06-19-2016 05:34 PM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I just love American ingenuity. But I bet that they have a bunch of little Chinese kids coming up with this new stuff.

Old Post 06-19-2016 05:45 PM
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

Richard, I still use a flip phone. All I expect from a cell phone is for it to ring and when I answer someone be on the calling end. Quick story, My son and I went to a rifle range to do a little shooting. I'm 64 and there were about 6 other fellows my age or older. While we were shooting they were taking calls, after we finished and started home my son said he got kick out of that. I asked what shooting at a rifle range, he said no, watching all us old men using flip phones.

Old Post 06-19-2016 06:27 PM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J I Allen
..... watching all us old men using flip phones......

Change is hard on us old guys. My old flip phone finally bit the dust a couple of weeks back. I had completely worn it out and the flip went flying one day when I flipped it. So I got me one of those new smarter than me phones. I sure am having a hard time with it. And now I am going to try one of those new Garmin Alphas. The buttons are so worn on my old 220, they don't have any writing on them. The times they are a'changin and I hate to get left too far behind. I don't mind being a little behind but I don't want everyone to be so far ahead that they are laughing at me.

Old Post 06-19-2016 07:22 PM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Change is hard on us old guys. My old flip phone finally bit the dust a couple of weeks back. I had completely worn it out and the flip went flying one day when I flipped it. So I got me one of those new smarter than me phones. I sure am having a hard time with it. And now I am going to try one of those new Garmin Alphas. The buttons are so worn on my old 220, they don't have any writing on them. The times they are a'changin and I hate to get left too far behind. I don't mind being a little behind but I don't want everyone to be so far ahead that they are laughing at me.
I have the old flip top phone also,and when it goes bad,,I'll get another,,but I do have the Alpha,,when I got mine,,I just sat down and played with it till I had everything I need to know learnt where to go,,they are easy to learn,,i love mine,,

Old Post 06-19-2016 08:19 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

Is the Birdseye standard or a option on the 430 ? I mainly bear hunt an not sure I would like the Birdseye for my use. I've only seen it a few times an it was different than the topo map we use the elevation lines an icons as reference points to know where we need to go to or let someone know that can't hear the dogs where they are .

Old Post 06-20-2016 04:53 PM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

A Free Birdseye Subscription is Standard. The choice to download it is yours.

Old Post 06-20-2016 06:14 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce

Old Post 06-20-2016 06:55 PM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

How much does the Birdseye subscription cost if you buy a used Alpha?

Old Post 06-20-2016 07:30 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Found this

https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/map.../prod70144.html

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 06-20-2016 07:46 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, so $39/yr.

Old Post 06-20-2016 07:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I hate to sound like a wise guy but what your showing is Australian pricing and product. USD is American Dollars
AUD is Australian Dollars.

BirdsEye Satellite Imagery Subscription
Part Number: 010-D0699-00
$39.00 AUD

It is $29.99 if your in the US. lol

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 06-20-2016 at 08:34 PM

Old Post 06-20-2016 08:17 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Oh sorry

I clicked back to many pages and copied wrong URL. I knew you would be there to correct it. Lol. Now if you could just get those boss lights to quit failing. Lol.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 06-20-2016 08:27 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

So if I download birds eye of my local area during free trail period. Dies it stay in garmin when the free runs out???

Old Post 06-20-2016 09:51 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Or is it like Dish and goes up to $70? I thought AUD was American US Dollars.

Bruce, how much birdseye can you cram into an Alpha and it still work reliably? I mean, how much area of the US?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-20-2016 at 11:28 PM

Old Post 06-20-2016 11:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The one year subscription is just that one year of total use and download capability. One the year is you it works fine but any additional downloads will require new subscription.

Richard Garmin is expanding their Hunt View maps this year and several states in the Midwest are now available on SD cards with the entire state. To say how much area depends on the amount of cities you download as they take up a lot of space and download time. Richard, I know you travel some and I would download basecamp and make a collection of areas your going to be. Download and have them of several cards.

Old Post 06-21-2016 01:11 AM
firebird
UKC Forum Member

Darn i am disappointed i was really hoping garmin would have released something like the quick track omni- for your phone. Or that garmin car gps could have been the size of an iPad with all the features of a Alpha.

Garmin im not impressed.

Old Post 06-21-2016 02:13 PM
firebird is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebird Click here to Send firebird a Private Message Find more posts by firebird Add firebird to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Me and my hunting partner bought two Alphas and 3 TT10 collars right after they came out, I think that makes them around 3 years old. All of them dead reliable to ths day.
My big wish is that they would have come out with a new handheld with Birdseye fully loaded on it. I would buy that! Until then, I'll stick with what I got until it quits working.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 06-21-2016 02:33 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
.....I hate to sound like a wise guy.....It is $29.99 if your in the US. lol

But you are pretty wise.
Would each card/map cost $29.99?

Old Post 06-21-2016 03:26 PM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
But you are pretty wise.
Would each card/map cost $29.99?

You can download onto as many sd cards as you want,as long as you do it before the year scrip. Is up,,it don't cost no more to made 20 SS cards as it does to make 1 sd card,,the 29.99 is a set fee for 1 year of use.
Now if you're talking about them SS cards garmin is coming out with for each state,,I don't know what then will cost,,but the ones I seen awhile back were anywhere from 100 to 110 bucks for each state sd card

Old Post 06-21-2016 03:43 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

It costs $30 per year, per handheld. Once its on the handheld, its on forever. No more expense unless you want to load more maps after the years subscription has expired, then you would have to resubscribe for another year. I think most try to get on everything they will ever want in that first subscription.

I absolutely HATE loading maps. I do everything in high def, my puter is slow and it takes forever.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 06-21-2016 03:44 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote